Big One Day Sale - Wednesday! (merged)

BILL-WI

This sounds great. We are ready to book SOS 11/08, just waiting on RCI credit card to come thru. We may book next wed even if it doesn't come in time. This has to be booked thru RCI right? We get a cash back from our TA, but it only amounts to $50 pp, I would rather have the obc.

I am new to this, can obc be used for any room charges. Can you use it to pay the bar bill??

You can book your cruise through your own TA next wed. during the WOW sale. You will get the reduced deposit, and the OBC through RC. Then, your TA can give you an additional OBC from themselves. It would be over and above what the WOW sale is offering. Not all TA will give additional OBC.

This sounds great. We are ready to book SOS 11/08, just waiting on RCI credit card to come thru. We may book next wed even if it doesn't come in time. This has to be booked thru RCI right? We get a cash back from our TA, but it only amounts to $50 pp, I would rather have the obc.

I am new to this, can obc be used for any room charges. Can you use it to pay the bar bill??

For the June WOW sale I booked with my TA and got the 1/2 deposit and OBC $100 per cabin that was offered with that sale and the TA also gave us $100 per cabin. So I would check with your TA they should be able to take advantage of this sale as well.

Thanks for the info. I really feel better using my TA, plus she has been a big help in putting this all together. However she does not give the extra obc because of the cash back I get.

Again, can obc be used for the bar bill or other things we charge to our room??? I have been to addicted to this site this week and haven't had the time to spend reading the actual RC website.

No.........no further discounts..

Offer applies to new individual bookings with deposit only, and is not combinable with any other offer, including, but not limited to, Crown & Anchor, Shareholder, Future or Next Cruise offers

I agree with everything, however if there is a price drop can you take advantage? For the same thing in June they said you could not take advantage of ANY further reductions.

Thanks for the info. I really feel better using my TA, plus she has been a big help in putting this all together. However she does not give the extra obc because of the cash back I get.

Again, can obc be used for the bar bill or other things we charge to our room??? I have been to addicted to this site this week and haven't had the time to spend reading the actual RC website.

That's exactly how the OBC works, waterbugohio. You charge the things that you mentioned on your SeaPass, and this OBC, which is on your SeaPass account (that's what On Board Credit means) offsets those charges.

In other words, people, because of this wording, now repeated for the sixtieth time in this thread (:D):

Offer applies to new individual bookings with deposit only, and is not combinable with any other offer, including, but not limited to, Crown & Anchor, Shareholder, Future or Next Cruise offers. In the event that a guest has more than one applicable offer for the same sailing, guest can choose the offer they wish to apply.

this "deal" is not a deal for those of us with experience and perks with Royal Caribbean.

But it may be a good way to get your non-cruising friends to finally take the plunge!

Offer applies to new individual bookings with deposit only, and is not combinable with any other offer, including, but not limited to, Crown & Anchor, Shareholder, Future or Next Cruise offers. In the event that a guest has more than one applicable offer for the same sailing, guest can choose the offer they wish to apply.

Do you think I could still use my credit card points for OBC or a discount off the cruise?

I just got an email from my TA about the sale on weds, where the deposits are half price and the big on board credits but the email said valid on all sailings 1/2/2008 through 8/31/2009 I would love to book a summer 2009 and maybe also a spring 2009 (carribbean summer Alaska winter) but when I look at the schedule it is only showing through April 2009 so how can they be having a sale through august? My TA is adding amenities to the sale so it could be a great one for me but I am SO confused am I missing a schedule somewhere or are they going to release it for the sale? I do have an email into my agent but figured you all know as much as her anyhow maybe I could get an answer here first :) thanks Blake

Do you think I could still use my credit card points for OBC or a discount off the cruise?

Doesn't say anything about cc points. I have to think that YES you can. At least I hope so 'cause I plan on using mine!!!! :D

I really don't think the exclusions are very fair. RCCL isn't giving us anything but a "delay" in payment (and the OBC :rolleyes:). Why should'nt we be able to take advantage of FUTURE deals? If 6 months from now the price drops we should be able to get $ off. JMHO.

(I know, I know....just don't take the deal and no worries.)

~Connie

Hi all! Using my very first post on CC to say thanks to the OP for this info- and to the subsequent posters for clarification! This is very exciting news for me as I have been considering booking my family's first cruise on Royal Caribbean. (We have gone on a couple of others, but none on RC).For once, maybe my procrastination has paid off, as it looks as though we'd qualify for the OBC. (The lower deposit is nice, too, but since we'd have to pay it anyway it's not as big a deal to me!) Anyway, it will definitely help in my efforts to convince DH that this is something we should do. :)

Be sure to read all of the rules of the sale when you book.

The last Sale RCI had you paid half of your deposit and got an OBC, what they failed to tell you is what you don't get - your Crown and Anchor Discount.

Fought with my TA and RCI about this and decided it was better to pass on the sale, pay the full deposit and get my C&A discount.

I just pulled this from the new One Day Sale Details:

"Offer applies to new individual bookings with deposit only, and is not combinable with any other offer, including, but not limited to, Crown & Anchor, Shareholder, Future or Next Cruise offers. In the event that a guest has more than one applicable offer for the same sailing, guest can choose the offer they wish to apply."

I agree with everything, however if there is a price drop can you take advantage? For the same thing in June they said you could not take advantage of ANY further reductions.

If there is a regular price drop (anything but a happy hour type sale), you WILL be given the price adjustment. It states this very clearly on the email invoice they sent out immediately after I booked a cruise with the June WOW sale.

Anything else that been written on these message boards is hearsay and incorrect. RCI agents state that future price drops will be honored and they put it in writing on the invoice. What could be more definitive than that?

Doesn't say anything about cc points. I have to think that YES you can. At least I hope so 'cause I plan on using mine!!!! :D

I really don't think the exclusions are very fair. RCCL isn't giving us anything but a "delay" in payment (and the OBC :rolleyes:). Why should'nt we be able to take advantage of FUTURE deals? If 6 months from now the price drops we should be able to get $ off. JMHO.

(I know, I know....just don't take the deal and no worries.)

~Connie

I did not see anywhere where it said that you could not get a price reduction if it comes out.Unless I am missing something.Just cant use certificates or anything like that.

Also I think I know you from another Well known board.Dis,Dis.LOL

Misty

I cut and pasted this directly from the bottom of the e-confirmation I received from the cruise I booked during the last WOW sale:

If your price should decrease prior to your final payment date, we can easily match the new price. If the price should decrease on or after your final payment date - the new price may or may not be applicable as some of our price programs are restricted and valid for new bookings only.

I cut and pasted this directly from the bottom of the e-confirmation I received from the cruise I booked during the last WOW sale:

If your price should decrease prior to your final payment date, we can easily match the new price. If the price should decrease on or after your final payment date - the new price may or may not be applicable as some of our price programs are restricted and valid for new bookings only.

Thanks,I was hoping that would say that.

There is an online agency that advertises here on CC that is offering the sale plus added values. I emailed them and was told to use the quote service and write .. DO NOT PROCESS UNTIL WOW SALE ON OCTOBER 17.

Its a win win situation with two OBC and a lower booking price.

Archived