Big One Day Sale - Wednesday! (merged)

BILL-WI

O.K. I see the cancel part in the fine print. What if I book an additional cabin. I'll put out the money for another deposit. Then cancel my original booking in a few month. I don't sail until next summer. Would that work? I don't need my original cabin just another cabin in the same catagory same deck.

Not sure,but I think they can tell already that you have a booking on that same ship for that same date....

I know when I call for something and give my name,they know exactly what cruises I have booked....

We will booking another cruise while on our New Years cruise. I thought about booking Wednesday but there is a Savings Certificate for the cruise I want and since I can't use it with this deal I will just wait so I get the cabin discount and the OBC.

Once again they have a big "WOW" promotion that is worthless to the most loyal C&A members. Don't mind not using the next cruise or shareholders benefit, but not being able to use the balcony discount we have earned as part of the loyalty program is offensive to me. Not that they care, but as a diamond plus, it's things like this that make me start looking at other lines.

That, and I'm sure they're going to start taking away and/or reducing benefits. There's a reason they've been getting so much repeat business. That might not be true in the future if they keep devaluing the C&A benefits.

If you lose any incentive to cruise with them, other lines with lower fares and different itineraries will start looking very attractive.

JMHO.

That won't help us.. we booked yesterday and were specifically told there were no promos like this coming up.. we generally cruise Princess and this seals the deal.. Grandeur will be my last RCI cruise .. we'd cancel it but DH wants to cruise from Baltimore.. This is second time we've gotten caught in this timing issue... there are too many other choices out there.

This promo is no big deal. We plan on booking on board our next cruise with pretty much the same deal. So we don't have a bit of a cheaper down payment but its less we have to pay in the end. Plus we will get our Platinum discount which isn't allowed with this deal.

Once again they have a big "WOW" promotion that is worthless to the most loyal C&A members. Don't mind not using the next cruise or shareholders benefit, but not being able to use the balcony discount we have earned as part of the loyalty program is offensive to me. Not that they care, but as a diamond plus, it's things like this that make me start looking at other lines.

That, and I'm sure they're going to start taking away and/or reducing benefits. There's a reason they've been getting so much repeat business. That might not be true in the future if they keep devaluing the C&A benefits.

If you lose any incentive to cruise with them, other lines with lower fares and different itineraries will start looking very attractive.

JMHO.

Not to mention changing to "anytime" dining. ;) :p ;) :p :rolleyes:

I've just cancelled the cruise I booked with the last "Wow" sail in June, to rebook 2 Junior Suites. I couldn't transfer my bookings, as I wanted the extra Platinum balcony discount. With using the Nextcruises that I got on the Serenade, I will save $100 per cabin than the $50 I would have saved with the 'Wow' sale.

I just couldn't bear the thought of the 4 of us in two connecting OV's. I am getting spoiled! All my booked cabins are D1's or JS - I love balconies!:o ;)

Thanks for the info but I agree with cruznsugs - no big deal. We actually lose as stockholders because when you do these "specials", you don't get your stockholder onboard credits or your balcony discount. This happened with the "big special" they had in June, I booked to get the $200 onboard credit but then lost my balcony discount and my stockholder onboard credit. I ended up cancelling that cruise and rebooked while I was onboard my last cruise.

Appreciate the info though

That won't help us.. we booked yesterday and were specifically told there were no promos like this coming up.. we generally cruise Princess and this seals the deal.. Grandeur will be my last RCI cruise .. we'd cancel it but DH wants to cruise from Baltimore.. This is second time we've gotten caught in this timing issue... there are too many other choices out there.

You can always cancel and rebook surely?

You can always cancel and rebook surely?

No! Read this: "Any guest who cancels an existing booking between October 9 - 17, 2007 will be disqualified from the promotion if they rebook the same sailing on October 17, 2007. Any eligible reservation that is cancelled after October 17, 2007 and subsequently reinstated will not be eligible for the promotion. "

Gerry

We just received an e-mail from RCCL announcing a "WOW Sale" on October 17. I was so excited, as our January cruise was included! :) Then I read the fine print :( .... (see below)

The WOW Sale Onboard Credit and 50% Reduced Deposit offer is applicable on all Royal Caribbean International sailings between January 2, 2008 through August 31, 2009. All bookings must be made and the required deposit must be paid on October 17, 2007 by 11.59 p.m. EST to qualify for the promotion. Bookings made on October 17, 2007 without deposit will not qualify for this promotion. Onboard credit is in US dollars only and will be subsequently applied to qualified bookings by Royal Caribbean International no later than October 28, 2007. Offer applies to new individual bookings with deposit only, and is not combinable with any other offer, including, but not limited to, Crown & Anchor, Shareholder, Future or Next Cruise offers. In the event that a guest has more than one applicable offer for the same sailing, guest can choose the offer they wish to apply. Not valid for group bookings or Cruisetour packages. Any guest who cancels an existing booking between October 9 - 17, 2007 will be disqualified from the promotion if they rebook the same sailing on October 17, 2007. Any eligible reservation that is cancelled after October 17, 2007 and subsequently reinstated will not be eligible for the promotion. The 50% reduced deposit will also be applied to on-line bookings; however, the online booking confirmation will not reflect this discount. The pricing and special offer is based on availability and is subject to change without notice.

Cruisequeenie: I have never had a problem claiming both the onboard credit and the stockholder benefit in addition. Just returned from 33 days on Rhapsody all applicable credits for each of the three segments.

You can combine them EXCEPT when booking through one of these WOW sales.

I would love to but by rules of CC I am not allowed. Go here and do some research. http://www.cruisecritic.com/shipshop/

I apparently have no deductive reasoning skills, so to figure this out...

I went thru every single one of the ones listed and asked for a quote. :rolleyes:

Thorough? Yes!

Efficient? Not so much! :D

Thanks for the tip, though! No matter how long it takes to get it, it'd be worth it, as I'm only gold level and have no additional discounts. Even a small OBC is better than nothing!

Thanks!

Emily

I don't know if Royal will permit the price drop but my TA personally wil match it if they don't, never been a problem for us she is great that way

I've posted this many time already, but it bears repeating since there are still a lot of rumors out there.

Royal Caribbean WILL honor future price drops on cruises booked during the WOW sale, unless they are also special promotions that are for new bookings only (like the Happy Hour specials).

It states this very clearly on the bottom of the e-confirmation I received from RCI for the cruise I booked during the June WOW sale.

So, no worries - you will get price drops same as always.

Quick question re this sale. RCI state up to $200 obc per cabin. How much do you have to spend, or rather how long does the cruise have to be to get that amount? I am looking at the 13 night Serenade to Alaska next September. My wife and I. Would that qualify us for $200 total or just $100

Can anybody help?

Pete

Archived