Help with Sling Back Heals

CHEZMARYLOU

I've never had luck with any sling-back heels I have ever had. They all slip down under my heel, no matter how tight I set the buckle. Even when I walked down the aisle at my wedding, I was walking on the back strap of my sling-backs! That was awkward and uncomfortable. :o I no longer buy sling-back shoes.

I hope someone has an answer for you, because if they have a solution, I'll gladly try it too.

If you have a narrow heel you can't wear a slingback.

Going barefoot helps a little and putting a little shoe pad under the ball of your foot might help a little. Unfortunately , nothing is a great solution. Some of us just can't wear them. (including me)

Personally, if you haven't worn them yet, I'd return them, unless you feel you'll get enough mileage from them only wearing them barefoot.

Good luck.

I have a new pair of sling back heals that work fine if I am not wearing panty hose. If I have panty hose on, the sling does not stay on my heal. Any suggestions because I want to wear panty hose especially with one of my dresses?

Mary Lou

Foot Petals – Product: Strappy Strips I've used these and they work wonders!! Good luck!!

I can't wear a slingback at all. If you can wear them without hose--don't wear hose! They are sooooo out this year, anyway!

You're so incorrrect! While hose had lost some popularity in the past few years, making it acceptable to go without them, wearing them was never "out". However, this year they're back, stonger than ever and wearing them is most definitely IN.

I second the little strip things liner linked to their message.

you can find them in one brand or another at department stores and most shoes stores. I've purchased some at Belk, Macy's and DSW to name a few.

Foot Petals – Product: Strappy Strips I've used these and they work wonders!! Good luck!!

Thanks for the reminder. I saw these this summer at Macys. Hope they still have them. If not I have a few weeks to look or buy on line. I agree with Jane, hose were never out and there are some dresses that I feel more comfortable in wearing pantyhose.

Mary Lou

I've used the little strips and they work fairly well. I did find that after a while though, they rubbed up and off :(

I had sling backs for my wedding shoes. My way around the whole situation was a pair of white shoelaces. I tied them around each side of the sling and then in a bow over the top of my foot. It sounds (and looked) crazy but it worked!! I didn't worry once about them slipping off and because the dress was floor length no one even noticed! The only photo you can see it in, is me stepping out of the wedding car - but only because my dress was pulled up ;) If you have a floor length gown you could try it. You wouldn't even need shoe laces, you could use those clear plastic bra straps - would work just as well ;)

Necessity is the mother of invention haha! :D :D

I've had the same problem with sling backs so for the last pair I had DH put a thin line of silicone (clear tub calk) on the inside of the strap and it worked like a darn! My girlfriend glued a rubber band to the inside of hers and while it worked, you could certainly see it when she took her shoes off. Not that she takes her shoes off in public often, but you get what I'm saying, right?

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gel inserts - wrapping shoelaces - going barefoot - bath tub caulking - partial innersoles and glueing rubber bands......

what's next - Crqzy Glueing your shoes to your feet? :D

Sometimes ya' just to come to the realization that some things can't be worn by everyone! LOL!

Thanks for the reminder. I saw these this summer at Macys. Hope they still have them. If not I have a few weeks to look or buy on line. I agree with Jane, hose were never out and there are some dresses that I feel more comfortable in wearing pantyhose.

Mary Lou

I've tried the foot petals for straps. They work pretty well. I have a very narrow foot and using these little strips works really well. I still have to trim them to fit, but they somehow my my straps "stick" to my foot.

--Judy

Our Target stores sell the little strip things - they're made by Kiwi (remember that shoe polish brand) and are sold in the shoe department. They're sticky on one side, and silicone on the other, and stick to the inside of the slingback. Works great and comfy also.

Archived