What do the RCI ships provide in rooms?

mjldvlks

Starting to pack for 11-10-07 Splendour of the Seas cruise and wanted to check and see what is provided in cabins (not suites). Are hairdryers provided? What about Soap/shampoo? Weight is really limited in luggage by airlines so don't want to bring anything we don't have to. Thanks for any info you can provide.

I'm also wondering what is standard in the cabins, assuming that inside, oceanview and balcony cabins all get the same stuff, right? Does the ship matter? Are robes available only in higher categories? What about refrigerators?

Thanks!

there is soap and shampoo...its not great so if you're picky I would bring your own...its fine for me but my wife really like her shampoo so we pack it anyways. I think some of the details change ship to ship...I am sure someone can give a much better description fleet wide than I can. I remember having a refrigerator on Liberty but I dont think we did on Monarch...

The hairdryers are very weak, so if you need to straighten curly hair or do any fancy styling, bring your own. The kind of shampoo you get depends on the ship and cabin class - on Monarch you get a brand called Explorae, which makes my hair look like Rosesanne Rosannaddana, so I bring my own. In the lower categories of cabin you may just get the one-type-does-all dispenser in the shower.

I think the newest ships (Radiance, Voyager & Freedom class) all have refrigerators, but Sovereign and Vision class only have them in the higher classes (SO & up on Sovereign and D-1 & up on Vision, I think).

Robes are standard in the full suites, and otherwise you aren't supposed to get them unless you're Platinum or higher in C&A. Some ships will give them to you anyway, but if there aren't enough onboard you won't get one.

Archived