Explorer Live Now And Then

Lynne you are the best for posting these!!! Hope all is well your way too.

No problem!!!! The real credit goes to Deb (dzboss1) - she typed them all up and posted them on another thread!!! I have the whole nine night menu - would anyone like me to post it here?

Lynn

Thanks so much for posting Portofino's menu. Now that I've seen it there is no doubt that we will make reservations on boarding Explorer. The menu is making me hungry. Can't wait for Nov. 23, 2007.

Valerie

Valerie - I wasn't so sure we wanted to do this. I couldn't help but think, why would we want to pay $60 for the three of us for a meal that was already paid for?!?! But then I thought - everyone is raving about it - why not try it and the worst thing that could happen would be that we would have wasted $60. BELIEVE ME - WE DID NOT WASTE THE MONEY!!!!! And we even added more when the bill came!!! LOL If you're too full for dessert - ask for it to be packed up to go back to your cabin - they'll gladly do it!!!!!

Suzanne:

OMG! We are taking your camera away from you on 12/2! LOL! There is NO WAY I took THAT many pictures! But I did take a lot more than normal for the Explorer Lovers!

ROTFLMAO.. No one touches my camera except for my husband if I allow him too! :p He'll have the older Olympus to use so he has a toy as well! LOL I'll be good so don't worry. With four new ports I'll be in my glory.

If you broke your record from the last B2B then you are doing very well. Very proud of you!!!

Sea ya!

You will have some of the IOS members onboard with you on 11/30! :D Is it still cold at home?

Hi,

Yeah it is cold here. 31 degrees at 7AM. I walked 3 miles in it, makes your nose run! Dogs love it though! Can't wait for the time change this weekend as the first 15-20 mins of my walk is in the dark!

So glad to hear that there will be some IOS's on the 11/30, I think I will fit right in, being insane already!

Be safe...relax....have a great last couple of days.:D

KJ

You will have some of the IOS members onboard with you on 11/30! :D Is it still cold at home?

Hi,

This is my 2nd go at a response to you. My first is in cyber limbo somewhere! Yes, cold, 31 degrees at 7 when I walked 3 miles with the dogs. Made my nose run! And it is dark for the first 15-20 minutes so looking forward to the time change for next week!

So glad to hear I will be meeting some of the IOS group 11/30. I think I will fit right in being that I am already insane!

Be safe, and don't worry about the weather here, it is just a little rain! :rolleyes:

Will you be back on Sunday? They are saying some serious rain for Saturday, but Sunday should be better. Enjoy what time you have left because you don't want to wish it away worrying about weather! I mean how long do you have to wait for another cruise, you don't want to ruin this one! OH WAIT YOU GO AGAIN IN 1 MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :p LOL

Well enjoy and we will keep town afloat for you while you are gone!

KJ

Hi,

This is my 2nd go at a response to you. My first is in cyber limbo somewhere! Yes, cold, 31 degrees at 7 when I walked 3 miles with the dogs. Made my nose run! And it is dark for the first 15-20 minutes so looking forward to the time change for next week!

So glad to hear I will be meeting some of the IOS group 11/30. I think I will fit right in being that I am already insane!

Be safe, and don't worry about the weather here, it is just a little rain! :rolleyes:

Will you be back on Sunday? They are saying some serious rain for Saturday, but Sunday should be better. Enjoy what time you have left because you don't want to wish it away worrying about weather! I mean how long do you have to wait for another cruise, you don't want to ruin this one! OH WAIT YOU GO AGAIN IN 1 MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :p LOL

Well enjoy and we will keep town afloat for you while you are gone!

KJ

Well now there are both my post, a bit of a repeat but there you have it.

KJ:)

Can't wait for Explorer's return:) . Nine relatives on board and I will be happy when they are safely home and can give me the low-down and answer all my questions about the Explorer:D . Can't wait to view all the wonderful pictures, but sorry to hear bad weather will once again dampen their trip.

I have totally missed where those cookies are found and will there be any left for April 2008????

In San Juan at the pier did you see the free trolley for the San Cristobal Fort??? Is It easy to get to???

So enjoy these posts and can't wait to see the pics...............................Thank you!!!

I have totally missed where those cookies are found and will there be any left for April 2008????

In San Juan at the pier did you see the free trolley for the San Cristobal Fort??? Is It easy to get to???

So enjoy these posts and can't wait to see the pics...............................Thank you!!!

The cookies are in the Promenade Cafe and also the Windjammer.

As many times as we've been in San Juan we've never seen the elusive free trolley so have a backup plan! There are plenty of cabs to bring you there....it's not far. Then its a nice downhill walk back to the ship through town, shopping along the way!

Dee

I was all prepared to use the trolley in San Juan in 2006 - I even had printed up trolley maps and had a wonderful plan....I never once saw that thing!:rolleyes: Anyway, there are plenty of cabs waiting when you disembark. We shared a cab with our cruise buddies and went uphill to the fort, then walked downhill and shopped along the way. I was concerned because our mothers were with us (my MIL was 82yo) and I wasn't sure if they could walk back ok. However, everyone did fine. It was a pleasant day.:) We didn't go to San Cristobol, though. We went to El Morro. However, you could probably do the same thing the other direction!

Good afternoon from Explorer and it's 2:23PM:o

We woke up to sun and even some blue skies this morning at 9am but that has changed. One main pool was filled but netted this morning and water was splashing everywhere. Solarium pool was open but standing room only. It was a hot morning.

The Captain announced at noon that we were about 300-350 miles from Noel but that we would be about 250 miles from Noel as the day progressed and that the weather would worsen. Basically we are following the storm.

The sea is all white caps and heavy swells and I can hear the wind howling thru the balcony door which is shut. I can hear the swells as they slam into the ship and she is vibrating and shuddering but still pretty steady at the moment so stabelizers must be out right now.

We expect it to get worse as evening gets here and we draw closer to Noel.

The " largest hurricane in the Atlantic this year " and I have to be in the dam thing! :eek:

So I think I'll do some packing this afternoon as it's easier to pack standing on 2 feet than getting thrown around and I have no idea what tomorrow will bring with the weather. Realistically I doubt it will get better at this point. We are still expected to arrive in Bayonne at 7am so those that are heading out get ready to leave as scheduled! At this point I will be VERY happy to see Bayonne on Sunday morning! VERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! :D I'll try to do an update later if I can get a connection

Hi,

Yeah it is cold here. 31 degrees at 7AM. I walked 3 miles in it, makes your nose run! Dogs love it though! Can't wait for the time change this weekend as the first 15-20 mins of my walk is in the dark!

So glad to hear that there will be some IOS's on the 11/30, I think I will fit right in, being insane already!

Be safe...relax....have a great last couple of days.:D

KJ

Thanks KJ and Lynn for weather reports at home. I wouldn't care if we came HOME to a few feet of snow at this point! :D Yes, it's a requirement to be insane to be an IOS member LOL! You better LOVE storms at sea too! :D

I've been in a few bad ones on this ship but Noel is pushing the envelope here!

Can't wait for Explorer's return:) . Nine relatives on board and I will be happy when they are safely home and can give me the low-down and answer all my questions about the Explorer:D . Can't wait to view all the wonderful pictures, but sorry to hear bad weather will once again dampen their trip.

They are all safe onboard so try not to worry. I'm sure they'll have a lot of good stories to tell you also. We have a great Captain so we'll be fine! :D

Suzanne,

It looks like you guys are going to follow Noel up the coast...It is supposed to be near us tonight and tomorrow and above us by Sunday...so prays are for you guys to stay safe...

Sounds like all is well...and everyone is still having a wonderful time...

I have used all 3 Wifi, Cybercabin and the internet cafe on Explorer and really the speed is all about the same with probably the internet cafe being the most slow as the mouses are sticky so takes forever just to get it going in right direction. If you are going to do a few emails or afew posts get wifi but if you plan on emailing or posting a few times aday get the cybercabin as it it much less money! 85.00 for 5 night, 125.00 for 9 night unlimited access. :)

Hi Suzanne,

Have been enjoying your live posts, please keep safe.

could you let me know how much cybercabin is for 12 nights?

Looking forward to seeing all you pictures when you get back.

Thanks again

Suz

Just heard on CNN Noel has been downgraded to just an EXTRA tropical storm whatever THAT means! LOL! However it sounds great to me so maybe weather will be better tomorrow! :D :D :D

Hey, Suzanne! Well, our TV finally stopped shaking really bad, but wow, I can not believe we are following a storm that we have already gone thru! So, where have you been? Haven't seen you since the Meet n MIngle. Fred and I are having the time of our lives, no matter what the weather, hope you are too!

Shoo

They are all safe onboard so try not to worry. I'm sure they'll have a lot of good stories to tell you also. We have a great Captain so we'll be fine! :D

Thanks Suzanne. :) Just glad my MIL/FIL don't know about the weather conditions. Their in Pa. and all their children are onboard with you.

Just heard on CNN Noel has been downgraded to just an EXTRA tropical storm whatever THAT means! LOL! However it sounds great to me so maybe weather will be better tomorrow! :D :D :D

It is not really a downgrade unless you have a downgrade in velocity as well.

The big difference between an extra tropical and a tropical storm is that the highest winds are close to the center in a tropical storm and in an extra tropical storm they are not just in the center. Once the center is gone a tropical formation has lost its tropical character and it is now fed by the clashing of cold and warm fronts.

Not to scare you but with Noel becoming extra tropical you have just made step towards the strongest winds thus high seas.

:(

"Noel is expected to lose tropical characteristics within the next 24 hours," the hurricane center said Friday, adding that the storm then would "strengthen and increase in size as an extratropical cyclone."

Hurricane-force winds extended 45 miles (75 kilometers) from Noel's center, and tropical storm-force winds extended up to 275 miles (445 kilometers), the hurricane center said.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/weather/11/02/tropical.storm/index.html

Archived