NextCruise - Everything you need to know

Yes, I believe you actually get the F&F coupon with either type (specific or non specified) of N.C. Pkg bookings. We have only done the non specific type and have used the F&F coupons to get the OBC credits for others for the same future cruise we have now booked. Any F&F coupon bookings must be made within 30 of your's, the master booking. You have to be onboard to book a Next Cruise so DH and one DS will have to use the F&F coupons and of course your parents can use the other. Make sure if you are onboard with another person that you let the LA know that you want only one non specific cruise N.C. Pkg booking in your name only as I read here that they will do it for both paxs, thus billing a double deposit in a cabin if you don't.

It appears you will be booking a specific cruise while onboard which you can do for all with the LA while onboard but the bookings without you in the cabin will have to use the F&F coupons to get the OBC. The other thing is the actual F&F coupons must be sent in to the C&A Society (mailing address on back) before they get the OBC. It is possible that since if you are doing all of the actual booking while onboard that the F&F coupons for DH and parents bookings can be left with the LA for forwarded. If this happens make sure you get a copy of the F&F coupons, which list your booking # as the master one, for your records.

Remember if booking a specific cruise full deposits (up to $450per person for 10 night or longer cruise) will be charged and if your parents want to pay their own deposit with their CC your will need it's # and expiry date.

You could also not book your parents and have them do their own booking within 30 days of your booking date but if you want specific cabins it is better to do all together.

I sailed on the Enchantment last week. While on board, I was able to book the specific cruise that I wanted. The loyalty ambassador let me book three cabins on the 7-4-09 Serenade, and I did not have to use F&F certificates for the people who weren't with me. I used my credit card to pay the deposit on two of the cabins, and I used my mom's credit card to pay the deposit on the third. The LA gave us $100 OBC on each cabin. She also offered me two friends and family certificates.

I was thrilled to be able to do this, as I was the only one on the Echantment cruise who would be sailing on the Serenade cruise, so I didn't know if they'd let me book three cabins and receive the OBC on all three.

The Navigator LA was knowlegable and friendly. We caught her on an off time when she was expecting a couple. Said we wanted to do a next cruise booking, gave us the sheet and wanted to sign DH and me up for $200. I told her that we only wanted to do one name and have our TA taken off. She looked at me and smiled and asked where I got my info from. DH answered Cruise Critic! She was on there constantly! She said I had great information, so clearly the time was well spent:D The paper work arrived in the cabin that day, and it was the last day on board..sea day. So thanks all of you:)

Hi Flossie. Hopefully this will answer your question. My DH and I put down the deposits for the NextCruise while we were on the Mariner in Feb., with no idea when we would use them. After we got home, we found a ta from Southhampton to Fort lauderdale in 2009. We called and booked it with airfare and used the NextCriuse with no problem and just had to pay the remainder of the deposit required. /cindy

I sailed on the Enchantment last week. While on board, I was able to book the specific cruise that I wanted. The loyalty ambassador let me book three cabins on the 7-4-09 Serenade, and I did not have to use F&F certificates for the people who weren't with me. I used my credit card to pay the deposit on two of the cabins, and I used my mom's credit card to pay the deposit on the third. The LA gave us $100 OBC on each cabin. She also offered me two friends and family certificates.

I was thrilled to be able to do this, as I was the only one on the Echantment cruise who would be sailing on the Serenade cruise, so I didn't know if they'd let me book three cabins and receive the OBC on all three.

I think you lucked out here because you actually booked the specific cruise onboard as I've been told by other LA (done two Next Cruise Programs so far) that you can book cruise for others who are not on cruise with you but this is a regular booking and must use F&F coupon for their OBC. Maybe LA applied the coupon and then forgot that she did this and gave you two more F&F coupons. It would be interesting to see if these were allowed to be applied to your master booking, IMO, that a maximum of two coupons can be attached to one master booking.

Quick question:

Can you make a $100 deposit for someone who isn't on the ship? For example make it for a friend who isn't sailing? :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance!

No you can't normally do this since with the $100 deposit you are doing the unspecified cruise Next Cruise Program. KelJ in the above post actually booked a specific cruise and paid full deposit.

For anyone from the UK reading this thread,I have just emailed Aaron Laufer at RCL asking why the Next Cruise option is only available for US and Cabadian citizens.RCL are trying very hard to capture the UK market yet it does not offer the same facilities to all its customers,seems unfair to me.I will let you know what,if any,response I get.

I think you lucked out here because you actually booked the specific cruise onboard as I've been told by other LA (done two Next Cruise Programs so far) that you can book cruise for others who are not on cruise with you but this is a regular booking and must use F&F coupon for their OBC. Maybe LA applied the coupon and then forgot that she did this and gave you two more F&F coupons. It would be interesting to see if these were allowed to be applied to your master booking, IMO, that a maximum of two coupons can be attached to one master booking.

I think you're correct that I lucked out. The LA just booked the three cabins as though we were all onboard when, in fact, I was the only one onboard. I even used my mom's credit card for the deposit on the cabin that I booked for her and my dad. I actually used no F&F coupons at all. The LA told me I could book up to three cabins while onboard and then get two F&F coupons to take home with me (which I declined because I no longer needed them!)

I think you're correct that I lucked out. The LA just booked the three cabins as though we were all onboard when, in fact, I was the only one onboard. I even used my mom's credit card for the deposit on the cabin that I booked for her and my dad. I actually used no F&F coupons at all. The LA told me I could book up to three cabins while onboard and then get two F&F coupons to take home with me (which I declined because I no longer needed them!)

So there is no real advantage for you since we used our F&F coupons to get the same OBC ($200 per cabin) for others in two separate cabins on our upcoming Radiance cruise to Hawaii. The only thing we needed to do extra was to mail the coupons in to the Crown & Anchor Society. Two weeks later I called C&A and they confirmed coupons had been rec'd and OBC applied to other two reservations.

So there is no real advantage for you since we used our F&F coupons to get the same OBC ($200 per cabin) for others in two separate cabins on our upcoming Radiance cruise to Hawaii. The only thing we needed to do extra was to mail the coupons in to the Crown & Anchor Society. Two weeks later I called C&A and they confirmed coupons had been rec'd and OBC applied to other two reservations.

The itinerary we wanted opened only a week or two before we cruised. The advantage was that I was able to book the exact three cabins that I wanted. Had I waited until after I was home a week later, those cabins may not have been available. This was my biggest concern.

Further, HAD we wanted to book two more cabins, we could have brought home the F&F certificates for others to use and get the OBC, giving us the ability to book five cabins with OBC.

Further, HAD we wanted to book two more cabins, we could have brought home the F&F certificates for others to use and get the OBC, giving us the ability to book five cabins with OBC.

Yes I realize that but you didn't need nor take the F&F certificates. If you had taken them, you would have had only have 30 days from your booking date to use them to get the same OBC for those bookings since your master booking had an actual booking.

Yes I realize that but you didn't need nor take the F&F certificates. If you had taken them, you would have had only have 30 days from your booking date to use them to get the same OBC for those bookings since your master booking had an actual booking.

So what?! I'm not arguing with you. I was thrilled to be able to book the exact three cabins that I wanted and to get OBC on each. End of story.

• 3 weeks later...

i don't have my friends and family coupon in front of me...

exactly how is a friend or family able to take advantage of your coupon? is there a special number on the coupon that your give them? or do they have to actually have the coupon in hand before booking?

thanks!

There is a code on the F&F coupon ( usually two letters and a few numbers(, my codes started with the 1st two letters of the Ship I received the Next Cruise coupon on, such as LB 077 from the Liberty Ship)that links into your Next Cruise Resi Number. On the F&F coupon is your Master Booking # , the La's Name etc.

Considering that I'll be the only one on the cruise, I expect that I will be able to book one Next Cruise for me and one of my sons in one cabin. I think I'll have to use one of the F&F coupons to book DH and our other son once I'm home. Then I'll give the other coupon to my parents.

I'm still wondering if I can get the F&F coupons if I book a particular cruise and not a Next Cruise.

When I was on the Grandeur I asked that question too. I booked a January on the Majesty for my whole family and did NOT receive a F&F coupon. Then I booked a "next cruise" option and received them. Hope this helps.

i don't have my friends and family coupon in front of me...

exactly how is a friend or family able to take advantage of your coupon? is there a special number on the coupon that your give them? or do they have to actually have the coupon in hand before booking?

thanks!

Shirl explained the coding system to you.

When you activate your NextCruise booking number it is assigned a real itinerary/ship/date. You can then give your coupon to a friend or family member...............they will have 30 days from the date that you booked to book the same cruise and take advantage of the OBC offered. They must fill out the coupon and send it in to RCI because the coupon is linked to your booking number.

When I was on the Grandeur I asked that question too. I booked a January on the Majesty for my whole family and did NOT receive a F&F coupon. Then I booked a "next cruise" option and received them. Hope this helps.

On our recent Splendour cruise, I booked a specific cruise and received 2 F&F coupons.

I really think it depends on the LA.

I don't believe there would be a way to book online using your NextCruise booking. When you book online a booking number is randomly generated, when you book using your Next Cruise....you already have a booking number that is used to book an actual sailing. :)

Someone mentioned that they were able to transfer an existing booking to their NextCruise number, but that is a difficult (as in not easy) way to try and do it. :rolleyes:

It is very simple to call them when you want to make your NextCruise reservation. :D

• 3 months later...

in Feb 2008 I signed up for a " Next Cruise" certificate, I thought the LA told me we'd get a $200.00 OBC for a 9 nite cruise... I booked in May 2008 for April 2009, 9 nite cruise, on my reservations I don't see an OBC listed. Is this normal? how much is the OBC these days? Would it be considered from my Feb date or May date?

Thanks.

in Feb 2008 I signed up for a " Next Cruise" certificate, I thought the LA told me we'd get a $200.00 OBC for a 9 nite cruise... I booked in May 2008 for April 2009, 9 nite cruise, on my reservations I don't see an OBC listed. Is this normal? how much is the OBC these days? Would it be considered from my Feb date or May date?

Thanks.

The LA onboard did not give you correct information, or she/he was not aware of the OBCs changes.

As of December 17, 2007 OBCs are as follows...............

$ 50 for a 3-5 night sailing

$100 for a 6-9 night sailing

$200 for a 10+ night sailing

Cruises of 9+ nights used to get a $200 OBC, but as you can see from what I have posted, it has changed.

If you booked directly with RCI, then I would give them a call at 1-800-327-6700. If you received an invoice from RCI, it is coded on there. If you booked with a TA, then you will have to go through them to ensure that your OBC has been applied.

I was looking for this thread today but the search was down.....have a question(sorry if it was asked before,but Im tired and want to go to bed:) )........

If after converting your NC to a booking,has anyone cancelled and gotten the original money back??

I mean do they know its a NC when they look at your booking???