Enchantment or Freedom

house7

This might be a stupid question to some, I guess I just need convincing. We are currently booked next Sept on the enchantment. I just noticed that there is a saving cert. for the freedom next Sept. for around the same time. My DH has mentioned on our last cruise he wants to go on the Freedom but commented that it was alot of $$$. While it is more to go on the Freedom we would be able to get $125 off each cabin so it isn't as much.

The cert doesn't say it is for new bookings only and I'm thinking we could transfer our current deposit to that ship. The enchantment is 5 nights and the Freedom is 7 nights we have never sailed that long. Any thoughts? Thanks for any advice.

A 7 day cruise is way better than a 5 day one............if money is not an issue,go for it...........

You can transfer your current booking but you will have to add $300 more for your deposit( a 5 nt requires $100 PP-7 nt requires $250 PP)..

I think you would really like the FR even though the EN is nice too,but not as big as the FR...

Both are great ships!!! I love the Enchantment. I have some great memories and one day wish to go back on her.

I also love the Freedom. We had a wonderful family vacation on that ship.

I think you have to figure out what you want in a cruise. If you have the money and the time by all means do the Freedom. I doubt you will regret it. You can always go on the Enchantment another time.;)

There are so many reasons to do both ships...

Enchantment: lovely ship with new bedding, nice crew and a Chops speciality restaurant that is fantastic. Nice pool area and great Adventure Ocean for children. It is however a smaller and older ship.

Freedom: again a lovely ship with new bedding, nice crew and a Chops and Portofino. Dinning room is very large...three stories. This ship also has a skating rink and H2O Zone, great for children, huge shopping promenade and a Johnny Rockets...and many things I have not mentioned.

If you are a young couple and just want to get away for a romantic vacation I would chose Enchantment...or if you like a quieter more relaxing trip. But if you are a family and very active, on the go type who don't mind a "family" orientated ship, with plenty to do all the time, then Freedom is for you.

You may also what to consider the itinerary...happy sailing.

We just got off the enchantment yesterday from a back to back sailing. Although we had a wonderful time, we would definitely do the newer larger ship next time. We missed the WOW factor of the newer ships. The windjammer is way to crowded, always had to wait for a seat. The gym is way to small, had to wait for equipment. The crew was fantastic and Marc Walker (CD) was very funny and energetic. Overall we enjoyed our trip very much but will stick to the newer ships going forward.

This might be a stupid question to some, I guess I just need convincing. We are currently booked next Sept on the enchantment. I just noticed that there is a saving cert. for the freedom next Sept. for around the same time. My DH has mentioned on our last cruise he wants to go on the Freedom but commented that it was alot of $$$. While it is more to go on the Freedom we would be able to get $125 off each cabin so it isn't as much.

The cert doesn't say it is for new bookings only and I'm thinking we could transfer our current deposit to that ship. The enchantment is 5 nights and the Freedom is 7 nights we have never sailed that long. Any thoughts? Thanks for any advice.

House7-Last 2 cruises were EOS in April,and Freedom last Thanksgiving..NO COMPARISON!! Although the Enchantment was a nice 4 night getaway,she is nothing compared to the Freedom! We (Wife & I) found ourselves lost W/O the Royal Promenade,the Ice-Show,British Pub(every night),all the NINETEEN bars & lounges...we were so impressed with the Freedom,that we're leaving on the Liberty Of The Seas next Saturday,the 10th and taking my wife's sister & DH on their 1st cruise!! Yes,she's big,and busy-but you don't feel crowded because there's so much space...do the Freedom,you won't be dissappointed-she's awesome & beautiful!!

Big Al

Thanks everyone we just switched to Freedom!!!!!!!!!!! One balcony and one inside. Does this ship ever price drop kind of hoping to upgrade to a JS.:D

Keep checking every couple of days or so for price drops and if it does receive on...call. They will not honor the promotions for "new booking only" though. It will all depend on how the cruise is selling whether there are any drops. Mine all seem to just go up, up, up!!

Price drops do happen- I got two on our Freedom sailing, one before final payment and one after by checking frequently. I also called one other time and hadn't noticed there was a disclaimer at the bottom of the page * for new reservations only- but they fluctuate a lot,particularly around the 70 day cancellation window.

You should lOVE this ship.. talk about WOW factor!

I just noticed that the balcony prices for that sailing start at $998- That seems pretty good to me- From all that I have seen for both the Freedom and the Liberty the lowest balcony prices (at least from my watching them ) that I have seen is $948- I don't know if anyone has seen them drop lower than that Oh yeah, PS I have been on both and would also pick the FOS

I vote for Freedom. ( but EOS is nice too )

As you can see, I have done each one multiple times. I go on EOS for my quiet getaway when I want to cruise "on the cheap" and can't get away from the office for a full week. But I love the FOS. I am more of an active person and FOS is always jumping. Have a great time and take care of her for us. We'll be on her a week after you leave.

Archived