Boarding Pass question

HMSDingy

Sorry if this has been asked before but... I printed my boarding pass and where do I initial if I want the onboard charges kept on my US credit card. I ask this because of the obvious, I'm Canadian and I don't want any screw ups with the conversion rates.

Sorry if this has been asked before but... I printed my boarding pass and where do I initial if I want the onboard charges kept on my US credit card. I ask this because of the obvious, I'm Canadian and I don't want any screw ups with the conversion rates.

If you're using a US$ credit card it should be fine.

BUT, if you want to make sure:

At the end of the end of the section that says "Establish Your Shipboard Account", place a check mark at the last line that says ...."I choose to pay in the onboard currency, please check here ________."

(I usually highlight and circle it too -- but I'm paranoid!)

If you're using a US$ credit card it should be fine.

BUT, if you want to make sure:

At the end of the end of the section that says "Establish Your Shipboard Account", place a check mark at the last line that says ...."I choose to pay in the onboard currency, please check here ________."

(I usually highlight and circle it too -- but I'm paranoid!)

Thanks, that's just the answer I ws looking for. It would be the second check mark space. I've put a large circle with an in X in the middle and I will hi-lite it, if I can find a hi-liter. In any case, I can always take care of the account at the pursers desk on our last night.

Of course with US/CDN being par, does it matter?

more so now, because Princess' rate (sept it was $.90 for every $1 US) is no where near what my bank's is, plus they charge a 3% extra charge. So if you charge $1,000 then an extra $30 is added. I checked and my credit card do not have any extra charge than the exchange rate, plus 1% right now they are giving me $1.04 for every $1 US

I understand it is not sufficient to just use a $US based credit card; Princess' policy is to convert to the currency of the passenger's home of record, so you really do need to check the box, highlight it and stop by the Purser's office around the second day of the cruise to verify it is being kept in $US.

Archived