Please Help Me With My Dilemma--Princess or Royal Carribean??

dyad1978

My sister and I are in our mid 20s, and we are planning on going on a Southern Carribean cruise. We are debating between the Crown Princess and Royal Carribean's Serenade of the Seas. What are the pros and cons of each of these ships? And, which one of these ships is better suited for people our age ( in terms of nightlife, etc)?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Just returned from Crown Princess 11/03. I cannot even think about doing another Princess again.

Do yourself a favor and go with RCI. Seriously!! Open feeling, tons of activities, better rooms, better food...LOVE RCI.

Crown is claustrophobic, not much going on at nite

(especially for 20+),MUTS was virtually empty due to either it raining or too hot and humid to sit out and enjoy a movie, also VERY LOUD!! Food was just OK. And basically an older crowd.

I know this is only MHO, but, even Carnival may be better for you. Try one of the newer ships. I have loved all of my Carnival cruises. Old ships or new.

My sister and I are in our mid 20s, and we are planning on going on a Southern Carribean cruise. We are debating between the Crown Princess and Royal Carribean's Serenade of the Seas. What are the pros and cons of each of these ships? And, which one of these ships is better suited for people our age ( in terms of nightlife, etc)?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

I agree, try RCI. Both ships are older, but you may find more "singles" on the Seranade.

Pro's and cons are subjective, especially to your likes.

Bon Voyage

I agree, try RCI. Both ships are older, but you may find more "singles" on the Seranade.

Pro's and cons are subjective, especially to your likes.

Bon Voyage

I have no experience with Princess just RCI. The Serenade is a beautiful ship -- lots of glass (it is in what is called the Radiance Class of ships). Neat inside or outside eating areas include the Windjammer Buffet (Main Buffet) and the Seaview Cafe.

Kathy

I have sailed on Splendour of the Seas this last January to the Western Caribbean. The weather was cool to cold on several days so I would select a ship that has a lot of indoor activities. Since I was on the ship for business we had a huge range of ages for our conference. Otherwise there seemed to be a modest number of 20 somethings.

Also Imasealuvr where did you get those great animated cats? I love them.:D

Barb

I'm partial to Princess. We haven't sailed on either of the two ships you mentioned. Princess has enough nightlife for us--but we're 20 years older than you.

The advantages of Princess are "Anytime" dining, so you're not stuck at the same table with the same people all week long (although we prefer traditional dining), freshwater pools (although I like saltwater), variety of entertainment options each night (usually a show in the theater and a different act in the lounge plus various acts in smaller venues), good food, afternoon tea in the dining room each afternoon, plus Princess knows how to move people--whether at embarkation or tendering them.

Thanks for the clarification. I read the wrong line when checking.

Since that's the case saying that both ships are older is puzzling.

Bill

Oh I agree. Definitely wouldn't call either of them old!!

I vote RC. You may want to consider one of the Voyager class ships although Serenade is a beautiful ship.

We recently sailed the Caribbean Princess and liked some of the features that Princess offers but prefer RC because it seemed more "lively". Lots of energy and activities going on although we did enjoy Princess' evening shows better.

I am not a cheerleader for any cruise line, but given your ages, I would also vote for RC. Our Serenade of the Seas cruise of out San Juan was our favorite Caribbean cruise (out of about 6-8 of them) by far. The ship is spectacular, our favorite ship currently sailing, and RC does something special by sailing down the coast of St. Lucia after it leaves Castries to do a 360 degree spin in the bay at the base of the Pitons. On the only sea day, the ship does a slow sail within sight of several islands, including sailing close to Plymouth on Montserrat, so you can see the cooled lava flow and see how it buried the town. It was a wonderful cruise.

No referral fees for encouraging one cruise line over another, just honest opinions (in this case based on personal experience)...isn't that what this board is all about?

We are in our 50's and like both RCCL and Princess for various different reasons. I agree with others on this board if you are in your 20's you would much more enjoy RCCL. Be sure to play the Quest game!

Larry

What are all of the RC Cheerleaders doing lurking on the Princess board?? Do you get some kind of referral fee from RCI for taking a pax away from Princess?

Ron

No cheerleader for either...they asked for an opinion and I gave them one.

The Serenade has tons of glass for great views all around. The glass elevator is a unique feature, as are the self-leveling pool tables. Seaview Cafe is to die for! The itinerary is great and worth the flight to San Juan no matter which one you choose. I like seeing a lot of ports and on this one, you only have one sea day which is a plus if you get bored easily.

What are all of the RC Cheerleaders doing lurking on the Princess board?? Do you get some kind of referral fee from RCI for taking a pax away from Princess?

Ron

Was this really necessary? Is it too hard to swallow that the answers to the OP is Royal Caribbean on the Princess boards?:rolleyes:

OP - at your age, my vote also goes to Royal Caribbean, which I already noticed on the RCI boards, you have chosen your cruise.

I haven't been on either of these ships, but have sailed both lines a couple of times each. We always chose RC when we sail with our children (ages 26 & 22 -now). No doubt there is more to do on RC for the 20 somethings, if you like night life. We sail Princess if it is just the 2 of us - much older crowd. The nightclubs are pretty dead! Just my opinion...

Archived