Who Would Be Your Choice for Tablemate?

NorCalCruiseGuy

I haven't been on the boards very long but there are several that nake me laugh and who I would enjoy having dinner with one evening..

one who immediately comes to mind

PontiusNavigator...

I like sometimes dry and often insightful wit.

There are others--I know the names when I see them--I will be back.

Can I elect any famous or infamous others?:rolleyes: you now--those who'd be interesting but are not cruisecritic types...

I'm going to go off in another direction and say that I will hopefully get the opportunity to meet the nice folks from Cruise Critic at the Connections party, and we can then choose to spend as much or as little time together as we like. As for dinner companions, I'd prefer to be seated with complete strangers whom I would never meet otherwise. I might meet a lifelong friend that way whom I wouldn't meet if I were dining with CC friends.

"Can I elect any famous or infamous others"?

Yes....it is up for election;)

Hmmmm, I would enjoy sitting with Tiger and Jack talking golf:D

The best of the old along with the best of the new...yes, I love

golf:)

I'm going to go off in another direction and say that I will hopefully get the opportunity to meet the nice folks from Cruise Critic at the Connections party, and we can then choose to spend as much or as little time together as we like. As for dinner companions, I'd prefer to be seated with complete strangers whom I would never meet otherwise. I might meet a lifelong friend that way whom I wouldn't meet if I were dining with CC friends.

Isn't that the turth.:D

When we cruised about 6 years ago---we got seated with a couple traveling with their grandkids..

We were traveling with our boys--then in preschool and second grade

we still keep in touch, hear about their new grandbabies, we prayed for their son's safety in Iraq after he finished West Point, and they prayed forus while we were on the mission field.

you can meet really awesome people that start as strangers and become dear friends on cruises:D

One of the things I enjoy most about a Celebrity Cruise is that its passenger base is much more diversified than people who cross our paths in everyday life. That gives us an opportunity to meet very interesting people that we would not know otherwise.

With that said, I like to dine with table mates who are fun to be with, yet broaden our outlook on life by discussing various issues from their unique perspective.

Not to break up your love fest here but if DH and I were going to share our table with anyone besides each other it would have to be with someone with whom we admire their character and intelligence:

Newt Gingrich, or George W. Bush or William Alverson (CEO of Joystar, Inc.)

:eek::confused::(:mad:

if DH and I were going to share our table with anyone besides each other it would have to be with someone with whom we admire their character and intelligence:

Newt Gingrich, or George W. Bush or William Alverson (CEO of Joystar, Inc.)

I might share my table with them, but not my waffles. :cool:

Monica Lewinsky,Jennifer Flowers,Kathleen Willey,Juanita Broderick, and Bill and Hillary Clinton.I would just sit back and enjoy the conversation.

That is hysterical ! ROFLOL:D

Whos bringing the buttered popcorn..? what a show!

I think I and Dh would want a few authors as well..

Tom Clancy

Clive Cussler

Don Richardson

Max Lucado

or actors/actresses like Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn

and some band/great jazz musicians...

I think I and Dh would want a few authors as well..

Tom Clancy

Clive Cussler

Don Richardson

Max Lucado

or actors/actresses like Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn

and some band/great jazz musicians...

My husband has written a few books, but they aren't novels :)

Fortunately, as Lois points out, this can usually be a good place to state your mind, but also expect that others will do the same. Nobody should feel persecuted.

I do have an interesting tidbit to share--

On a Celebrity cruise a few years ago at on open seating dinner while in port, we were seated with a former Reagan administration appointee. She went on and on about her "hero", "Ronnie", and proceeded to ask the other couples around the table if they were "one of us" Just seemed a bit strange to me.

The converstation went on to the cruise and we said we were enjoying it and found Celebrty to be quite nice. We were promptly told that we "didn't know any better" and that she was not enjoying the cruise. We finished dinner quickly and excused ourselves.

I guess it takes all kinds.

I've only been to one cruise critic party, and was surprised to see how different most people were than they appeared to be from their posts in the roll call.

One poster, who appeared to be very serious on the roll call, had a great sense of humor in person and was a lot of fun to be with.

Another poster, who wrote long rambling inane posts, turned out to be a great conversationalist.

On the other hand, someone who seemed to be quite extroverted on the roll call turned out to be very shy and quiet.

With that said, I was glad that I did not decide to choose table mates based on the way people appeared to be on the roll call because if I did I would have made the wrong choices. In addition, we probably wouldn't have met the wonderful people who were assigned to our table that we enjoyed more than anyone who was at the cruise critic party.

Monica Lewinsky,Jennifer Flowers,Kathleen Willey,Juanita Broderick, and Bill and Hillary Clinton.I would just sit back and enjoy the conversation.

If the aforementioned wouldn't agree to sit together,I'd like to have a group composed of the ghosts of Lee Harvey Oswald,to ask if he acted alone,Nicole Simpson to tell me who killed her,Mary Jo Kopechne for Ted's real story,Judge Crater and Amelia Ehrhardt to find out where they've been,and Elvis just to prove he's still alive.

Hey Karyn!

If I could choose authors I would go with some of my contemporary favorites: Sue Grafton, Carl Hiaason, Stuart Woods, Tom Cocoran and then some of my cruise friends: Teedee, Joramrose, tomatopa, EKS1954, Seesill and a couple of others. And lots of wine. And lots of wine. Did I say that twice???:D

Archived