Audio Books

LynnAB

Hi, Jim,

I'M BACK ... and I'm in post-cruise depression mode right now <g>.

We had an absolutely PERFECT cruise. I can't believe how wonderful it was from start to finish.

A back-to-back is the BEST, BEST, BEST way to cruise. I didn't get that sad feeling half way through the first week because I knew I wouldn't have to get off the ship. It was amazing!

I'll probably keep writing bits and pieces about the cruise ... and can answer any questions you have ... but I'm still finishing up laundry and organizing stuff tonight. I just wanted to touch base and say hello!!!

Talk to you soon,

Lynn

Welcome home, while I understand the post cruise blues, I am sure it is nice to be home again as well. I did think of you enjoying all the cruising a lot during the last two weeks. Tell me all about it, especially the logistics of the back to back piece.

Read a couple of books while you were vaca-ing. Listened to Metro Girl by Evanovich, laugh out load funny. Also 6th Target by James Patterson (a Lindsey Boxer book). Both worth listening to. Also listened to The Appeal by John Grisham. Always love Grisham books, a little surprised out it ended.

Jim

Hi, Jim,

Yes, being home is also VERY nice. When I'm home, I want to cruise; and when I'm cruising, I also get homesick. I missed our puppies, plus just being cozy in my own home, too. My LITTLE poodle is sitting in my lap even as I type this message to you <g>. I definitely spoil my loved ones <g>.

As far as the b2b, it's AWESOME! I loved every minute of it and hope to be able to do it again. We actually booked a 13-night cruise out of Bayonne for next April, but I'm considering it "tentative" at the moment because there is one issue. Our son will still be in grad school and wouldn't be able to cruise with us. Even HE says we should go, and I know we SHOULD go. I just feel bad that he'd be missing out because he LOVES cruising, too. Sigh! I'm pathetic. As it stands NOW, we're booked and intend to go. It's on RCCL Explorer of the Seas (same size as Navigator) and sails from Bayonne (which I've never done) to the Southern Caribbean. It's a GREAT itinerary!!! The one advantage would be that our son could drive us to the airport and ... drum roll ... take care of our poodles. Since I just paid $448 for boarding this time, that would be a real blessing. Any opinions about this cruise??? Any hearsay???

To stay on topic here, I'm still listening to Carolyn Hart's book SET SAIL FOR MURDER <g>. It's fun and light (perfect for me). Metro Girl and Motor Mouth are on my To Be Listened To list, though.

Now YOU must be getting excited about YOUR cruises. July, you said? Wow! Now I have to envy you <g>.

Lynn

Hi, Jim,

Yes, being home is also VERY nice. When I'm home, I want to cruise; and when I'm cruising, I also get homesick. I missed our puppies, plus just being cozy in my own home, too. My LITTLE poodle is sitting in my lap even as I type this message to you <g>. I definitely spoil my loved ones <g>.

As far as the b2b, it's AWESOME! I loved every minute of it and hope to be able to do it again. We actually booked a 13-night cruise out of Bayonne for next April, but I'm considering it "tentative" at the moment because there is one issue. Our son will still be in grad school and wouldn't be able to cruise with us. Even HE says we should go, and I know we SHOULD go. I just feel bad that he'd be missing out because he LOVES cruising, too. Sigh! I'm pathetic. As it stands NOW, we're booked and intend to go. It's on RCCL Explorer of the Seas (same size as Navigator) and sails from Bayonne (which I've never done) to the Southern Caribbean. It's a GREAT itinerary!!! The one advantage would be that our son could drive us to the airport and ... drum roll ... take care of our poodles. Since I just paid $448 for boarding this time, that would be a real blessing. Any opinions about this cruise??? Any hearsay???

To stay on topic here, I'm still listening to Carolyn Hart's book SET SAIL FOR MURDER <g>. It's fun and light (perfect for me). Metro Girl and Motor Mouth are on my To Be Listened To list, though.

Now YOU must be getting excited about YOUR cruises. July, you said? Wow! Now I have to envy you <g>.

Lynn

Bayonne is in my neck of the woods. (Well, 120 miles away) but it is interesting that you picked a cruise from New Jersey when you live in the backyard of the largest cruise ports in the world. I do understand the need for something different, tho...

My wife and I are part time travel agents, so I have had the opportunity to tour the Explorer of the seas and am familiar with the itinerary. There are only two comments/suggestions I would give you. First of all, Bayonne will NEEVEEEER be confused for Miami Beach. The only other thing is the Atlantic has a tendency to be fairly rough in th winter and spring time. We have booked some people on RCCL out of Bayonne and they made mention of the rougher seas. If you have an inclination towards sea sickness, stock up on Bonine an/or the patch and wristbands. Not 30 foot swells but rougher than the Carib. I am sure you will REALLY enjoy it.

We are looking forward to our upcoming cruises. Have a cruise party for our Alaska group in a couple of weeks where we give out cruise docs and and group info. Then I will really be in cruise mode!!!

Have another author for you to consider that I do not think I have mentioned before (may have but if I did we'll call it pre-senior moment...). Anyway the author is Stuart Woods. I have listened to several of his books, the latest being Beverly Hills Dead, a fairly light murder suspense about the movie industry in post world war II time-frame. He has another series about a private investigator/lawyer out of New York called Stone Barrington and a third about a female police chief from FL. called Holly Barker (I think that is her name).

Jim

Bayonne is in my neck of the woods. (Well, 120 miles away) but it is interesting that you picked a cruise from New Jersey when you live in the backyard of the largest cruise ports in the world. I do understand the need for something different, tho...

My wife and I are part time travel agents, so I have had the opportunity to tour the Explorer of the seas and am familiar with the itinerary. There are only two comments/suggestions I would give you. First of all, Bayonne will NEEVEEEER be confused for Miami Beach. The only other thing is the Atlantic has a tendency to be fairly rough in th winter and spring time. We have booked some people on RCCL out of Bayonne and they made mention of the rougher seas. If you have an inclination towards sea sickness, stock up on Bonine an/or the patch and wristbands. Not 30 foot swells but rougher than the Carib. I am sure you will REALLY enjoy it.

We are looking forward to our upcoming cruises. Have a cruise party for our Alaska group in a couple of weeks where we give out cruise docs and and group info. Then I will really be in cruise mode!!!

Have another author for you to consider that I do not think I have mentioned before (may have but if I did we'll call it pre-senior moment...). Anyway the author is Stuart Woods. I have listened to several of his books, the latest being Beverly Hills Dead, a fairly light murder suspense about the movie industry in post world war II time-frame. He has another series about a private investigator/lawyer out of New York called Stone Barrington and a third about a female police chief from FL. called Holly Barker (I think that is her name).

Jim

Hi, Jim,

Here's the scoop on why I'm cruising from Bayonne. Our friends from Ohio flew down for the second week of our b2b cruise after I talked them into it even though they had done the Western Caribbean route a few times before <g>. They are determined to sail a different route next year. While we were on the ship, they met with the Loyalty Ambassador and "found" this 13-night cruise on EOS out of Bayonne. They booked it! Then my husband and I got very excited in the itinerary, too, as we can't get that exact combination from Florida. We particularly LOVE the idea of 2 sea days at the beginning and 2 more sea days at the end of the cruise.

Now, sit down for this one. The idea of even a possibility of SOME movement of the ship is one of the major factors that my husband and I are excited about. We WANT to feel like we're on the ocean <g>. Sooooo, we're looking forward to THAT. I'm not thrilled about having to FLY to get on a cruise ship, but I'm really, really looking forward to a different itinerary. The only way to "do" the Southern Caribbean closer to home is to fly to San Juan, and THAT is even more expensive. Plus, we haven't sailed on a 13-night cruise before, which is different than a b2b because it is all one cruise and will have different menus and different shows.

Make sense?

Of course, the cruise is a long way off, but this sounds like a really great cruise. We loved the Navigator of the Seas, and Explorer should be pretty similar ... except for the metal balconies versus glass ones on NOS. That doesn't matter too much to us, though, as we couldn't afford a balcony this time. We've reserved a Promenade room, though, thinking that might be a fun, less expensive alternative for us. I'd LOVE to have a balcony but I'm trying to be rational price wise.

So that's the story <g>. What do you think???

Lynn

Hi, again, Jim,

To add to last night's message ...

I would much rather NOT have to fly to take a cruise. I absolutely LOVE the convenience of driving to the Port of MIami. So, far, though what I'm seeing for next year around May isn't the best schedule for me. I either have Liberty, which I love, love, love but have sailed on three times if you count my b2b or Enchantment (too small according to my son) or Majesty (very small). Sooooooooooooooo, I'm kind of stuck because I love RCCL and want to stay with Royal. Then there will be Freedom out of Port Canaveral, which I've also cruised on. Freedom will then be a 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive for me, whereas I sailed on Freedom out of MIami in 2006.

So ............ we either sail on Liberty again (still a possibility, actually) or wait for Oasis. Oasis begins crusing here in the fall of '09, which doesn't work at all with our son's grad school schedule.

The final decision is probably going to be Explorer out of Bayonne, which we already have booked, or Liberty, if we switch our booking. I really WANT our son to be able to cruise with us one more time because after that he'll be in grad school pretty much year round, according to him. Sigh!

Sooooooooooooooooooo, we're still weighing both options. EOS sounds like a FUN itinerary for my husband and me (and our friends who will be crusing), but then our son won't be out of class yet.

Have you ever sailed out of Bayonne? Why do you say it's not Miami Beach? I saw pictures of the port and it's very commercial, right? Cargo? Is it more like Port Everglades? I'd love your opinions!

Oh. On topic, Stuart Woods creeps me out <g>. I read a book of his a few years ago that was so weird that it gave me nightmares. I'll have to see if I can figure out WHICH book that was. I know he's very popular, but you know me <g>.

What fun to be a travel agent, even part time. That's my dream!

Lynn

Hi, again, Jim,

To add to last night's message ...

I would much rather NOT have to fly to take a cruise. I absolutely LOVE the convenience of driving to the Port of MIami. So, far, though what I'm seeing for next year around May isn't the best schedule for me. I either have Liberty, which I love, love, love but have sailed on three times if you count my b2b or Enchantment (too small according to my son) or Majesty (very small). Sooooooooooooooo, I'm kind of stuck because I love RCCL and want to stay with Royal. Then there will be Freedom out of Port Canaveral, which I've also cruised on. Freedom will then be a 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive for me, whereas I sailed on Freedom out of MIami in 2006.

So ............ we either sail on Liberty again (still a possibility, actually) or wait for Oasis. Oasis begins crusing here in the fall of '09, which doesn't work at all with our son's grad school schedule.

The final decision is probably going to be Explorer out of Bayonne, which we already have booked, or Liberty, if we switch our booking. I really WANT our son to be able to cruise with us one more time because after that he'll be in grad school pretty much year round, according to him. Sigh!

Sooooooooooooooooooo, we're still weighing both options. EOS sounds like a FUN itinerary for my husband and me (and our friends who will be crusing), but then our son won't be out of class yet.

Have you ever sailed out of Bayonne? Why do you say it's not Miami Beach? I saw pictures of the port and it's very commercial, right? Cargo? Is it more like Port Everglades? I'd love your opinions!

Oh. On topic, Stuart Woods creeps me out <g>. I read a book of his a few years ago that was so weird that it gave me nightmares. I'll have to see if I can figure out WHICH book that was. I know he's very popular, but you know me <g>.

What fun to be a travel agent, even part time. That's my dream!

Lynn

The RCCL dock in Bayonne is a very commercial older port city and the access road was not great (I assume you are flying into Newark) but you will have transfers. Just WAY not as pretty and the port of Miami or Port Everglades....more of an older, kind of run down type of thing. Not that you will fear for your lives or anything. It will be interesting as to your airfare costs. I am really not sure where all of that is going!!!!

In regards to Stuart Woods. This particular book was pretty light and not gory or detailed at all. I actually thought of you when reading as I thought it was light enough.

Jim

Hi, Jim,

Here's the scoop on why I'm cruising from Bayonne. Our friends from Ohio flew down for the second week of our b2b cruise after I talked them into it even though they had done the Western Caribbean route a few times before <g>. They are determined to sail a different route next year. While we were on the ship, they met with the Loyalty Ambassador and "found" this 13-night cruise on EOS out of Bayonne. They booked it! Then my husband and I got very excited in the itinerary, too, as we can't get that exact combination from Florida. We particularly LOVE the idea of 2 sea days at the beginning and 2 more sea days at the end of the cruise.

Now, sit down for this one. The idea of even a possibility of SOME movement of the ship is one of the major factors that my husband and I are excited about. We WANT to feel like we're on the ocean <g>. Sooooo, we're looking forward to THAT. I'm not thrilled about having to FLY to get on a cruise ship, but I'm really, really looking forward to a different itinerary. The only way to "do" the Southern Caribbean closer to home is to fly to San Juan, and THAT is even more expensive. Plus, we haven't sailed on a 13-night cruise before, which is different than a b2b because it is all one cruise and will have different menus and different shows.

Make sense?

Of course, the cruise is a long way off, but this sounds like a really great cruise. We loved the Navigator of the Seas, and Explorer should be pretty similar ... except for the metal balconies versus glass ones on NOS. That doesn't matter too much to us, though, as we couldn't afford a balcony this time. We've reserved a Promenade room, though, thinking that might be a fun, less expensive alternative for us. I'd LOVE to have a balcony but I'm trying to be rational price wise.

So that's the story <g>. What do you think???

Lynn

I totally agree about the 2 days at sea part on the beginning and end. That being said we have never cruised from NY(RCCL from Bayonne, NCL and Carnival from midtown piers, Princess and HAL from Brooklyn). Ocean travel has stopped us in this regard (rougher seas). The other thing is we have found that the pricing is (or at least has been in the past until fuel prices have risen so much) more than adding the airfare to the cost of the cruise for us. We normally travel i groups and usually go with the flow of what the majority wants to do. I would love to hear your opinion on how rough it was from your perspective afterwards.

Have you ever been up to the New York area?

Jim

The RCCL dock in Bayonne is a very commercial older port city and the access road was not great (I assume you are flying into Newark) but you will have transfers. Just WAY not as pretty and the port of Miami or Port Everglades....more of an older, kind of run down type of thing. Not that you will fear for your lives or anything. It will be interesting as to your airfare costs. I am really not sure where all of that is going!!!!

In regards to Stuart Woods. This particular book was pretty light and not gory or detailed at all. I actually thought of you when reading as I thought it was light enough.

Jim

Hi, Jim,

I figured that's what you meant about the port <g>.

Yes, I've been to New York. I grew up in New York <g>. I was born in Orange, New Jersey, and lived in Huntington, Long Island, from the time I was 4 1/2 until I was 19. Sooooooooooooooooo, I'm very familiar with the New Jersey/New York area. My husband on the other hand has never even been to NYC. That seems utterly amazing to me. I would love to have him see the city.

I'm still in my not sure what to do mode, though. I really, really want to do this cruise since it will be "different" for us ... but I also want our son to have another cruise before grad school becomes a year-round event for him. Sigh! I'll just keep watching pricing and other details for the next few months, I guess.

I should be finishing listening to SET SAIL FOR MURDER today and will be adding Carolyn Hart to my listening list for sure.

So many books, so little time!!!

Have a great weekend,

Lynn

Hi, Jim,

I figured that's what you meant about the port <g>.

Yes, I've been to New York. I grew up in New York <g>. I was born in Orange, New Jersey, and lived in Huntington, Long Island, from the time I was 4 1/2 until I was 19. Sooooooooooooooooo, I'm very familiar with the New Jersey/New York area. My husband on the other hand has never even been to NYC. That seems utterly amazing to me. I would love to have him see the city.

I'm still in my not sure what to do mode, though. I really, really want to do this cruise since it will be "different" for us ... but I also want our son to have another cruise before grad school becomes a year-round event for him. Sigh! I'll just keep watching pricing and other details for the next few months, I guess.

I should be finishing listening to SET SAIL FOR MURDER today and will be adding Carolyn Hart to my listening list for sure.

So many books, so little time!!!

Have a great weekend,

Lynn

I agree about the so many books so little time aspect. But it does make the decision process a little harder. Sometimes the surprise jewel in the rough that was unexpected makes it even more enjoyable.

I understand your dilemma regarding the cruise (what to do???) problem. Pricing might become the final deal breaker in what to do, but I think keeping your options open is a wise choice at this point.

Jim

Lynn, have a new audio book author and book for your consideration. The author is Kris Radish and the book is searching for paradise in Parker PA. It is a funny woman based look at a mid life crisis. Interesting and worth reading.

Jim

Lynn, have a new audio book author and book for your consideration. The author is Kris Radish and the book is searching for paradise in Parker PA. It is a funny woman based look at a mid life crisis. Interesting and worth reading.

Jim

Wow, Jim ... thank you for the suggestion. I've seen the BOOK book and wondered about it. I'll definitely check that one out. Did you think of ME as the woman having a mid-life crisis? Guess not since I'm past MID life at 55, hmmm? Sigh!

I'll definitely get the book.

By the way, here are a few cruise pictures ...

The first is my husband and me ... me having my first martini ever, a Lemon Drop. Pretty yummy <g>

The second photo is the three of us at Chops ... also very yummy.

Have a great day,

Lynn

AudioBooks01.jpg.4d390322f6dc556723edb558b28cc504.jpg

AudioBooks02.jpg.9ef2cb16369ed0dd25f8776f7a8b02a9.jpg

Wow, Jim ... thank you for the suggestion. I've seen the BOOK book and wondered about it. I'll definitely check that one out. Did you think of ME as the woman having a mid-life crisis? Guess not since I'm past MID life at 55, hmmm? Sigh!

I'll definitely get the book.

By the way, here are a few cruise pictures ...

The first is my husband and me ... me having my first martini ever, a Lemon Drop. Pretty yummy <g>

The second photo is the three of us at Chops ... also very yummy.

Have a great day,

Lynn

Not to worry I am right behind you (age wise that is), to be honest I don't even know what mid life is anymore......I keep moving it higher as I get older.

Nice pics, arn't you the dapper couple!!!

So are martini's on the list now? Used to get into them as well, although I was more plain Jane in terms to type, always told everybody it was because I loved green olives so much....

Jim

Not to worry I am right behind you (age wise that is), to be honest I don't even know what mid life is anymore......I keep moving it higher as I get older.

Nice pics, arn't you the dapper couple!!!

So are martini's on the list now? Used to get into them as well, although I was more plain Jane in terms to type, always told everybody it was because I loved green olives so much....

Jim

Hi, Jim,

I like your style, sir. What a GREAT idea to just MOVE the mid life point <g>. Guess I'll have to do the same.

Wow. Dapper! I like that!!!

Well, the CC boards got me "into" martinis <g>. I was determine to try a few different ones that were recommended to me ... lemon drop and mint chocolatini. Fun! I love green olives, too, so I could get by with that excuse. However, I generally have the fru-fru drinks on cruises ... Coco Loco, Miami Vice (also called Miami Ice now, I see), Love Connection, Pina Colada, Mango Tango. Pretty wussy, I know, but I love the tropical fruit drinks.

Thank you for the book suggestion! I already put it at the top of my audio list. Sounds GREAT!

Where are your cruises leaving from in July? Have yu been watching airfares? It's really going crazy, hmmmm? I would like to sail on Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan someday, but the airfare is making it impossible. I may just have to get used to repeating Eastern/Western Caribbean out of Miami until prices stabilize (assuming THAT is such a thing).

I'm listening to Carolyn Hart's DEATH IN PARADISE right now and enjoying it. I think what I like MOST about her books is her descriptive writing. She truly paints a picture. Right now I feel like I'm in Hawaii in her book. YOU don't have to IMAGINE. YOU have been there <g>.

Have a great afternoon,

Lynn

Hi, Jim,

I like your style, sir. What a GREAT idea to just MOVE the mid life point <g>. Guess I'll have to do the same.

Wow. Dapper! I like that!!!

Well, the CC boards got me "into" martinis <g>. I was determine to try a few different ones that were recommended to me ... lemon drop and mint chocolatini. Fun! I love green olives, too, so I could get by with that excuse. However, I generally have the fru-fru drinks on cruises ... Coco Loco, Miami Vice (also called Miami Ice now, I see), Love Connection, Pina Colada, Mango Tango. Pretty wussy, I know, but I love the tropical fruit drinks.

Thank you for the book suggestion! I already put it at the top of my audio list. Sounds GREAT!

Where are your cruises leaving from in July? Have yu been watching airfares? It's really going crazy, hmmmm? I would like to sail on Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan someday, but the airfare is making it impossible. I may just have to get used to repeating Eastern/Western Caribbean out of Miami until prices stabilize (assuming THAT is such a thing).

I'm listening to Carolyn Hart's DEATH IN PARADISE right now and enjoying it. I think what I like MOST about her books is her descriptive writing. She truly paints a picture. Right now I feel like I'm in Hawaii in her book. YOU don't have to IMAGINE. YOU have been there <g>.

Have a great afternoon,

Lynn

My wife loves foo foo drinks as well. Especially Miami Vice and Midori sours or cool lattas. Try a cozumel which is in that vein, I found that one on this site. I have gotten her to try a couple of sweet martini's ... Mango etc. Airfares are going crazy, we are leaving from Vancouver (and flying home from Anchorage) on the Alaskan cruise and Miami on the Eastern cruise July 26. I envy you not having to fly. I will have to try a Carolyn Hart book.

Jim

My wife loves foo foo drinks as well. Especially Miami Vice and Midori sours or cool lattas. Try a cozumel which is in that vein, I found that one on this site. I have gotten her to try a couple of sweet martini's ... Mango etc. Airfares are going crazy, we are leaving from Vancouver (and flying home from Anchorage) on the Alaskan cruise and Miami on the Eastern cruise July 26. I envy you not having to fly. I will have to try a Carolyn Hart book.

Jim

I'm starting to envy my not having to fly, too <g>. Actually, I'm starting to appreciate it MORE and MORE every day and thinking maybe I shouldn't even think about planning a cruise out of a different city. Of course that limits my ports, but you know what? I don't really CARE that much because we go mostly for the ships anyway. I could be happy going on Liberty or Freedom many more times. There is just sooooo much to do that makes me happy that I'd be more than okay with doing them again.

Yes, Miami Vice is a yummy drink. Midori Sour? Hmmm. I may have to try that soon as I doooooooooooo LOVE Midori. I haven't had it in ages, though.

Wow, you certainly are going to be doing a LOT of flying!!!!!!!!!!!! That's not bad as long as there aren't delays, etc. I wouldn't mind the flying part ... just worry about connections, layovers, etc.

If you try Carolyn Hart, I recommend SET SAIL FOR MURDER ... a great cruise mystery.

Lynn

Hi, Jim,

Okay, it's Monday morning and I'm JUST starting SUNDAY'S AT TIFFANY'S ... so I'll be able to give you a review of it at some point. Unfortunately, I only got to listen to it for about 10 minutes since I have to run off to work <g>. So far my comment is: Uh ... very DIFFERENT. We'll see.

Have a great day ...

Lynn

Hi, Jim,

Okay, it's Monday morning and I'm JUST starting SUNDAY'S AT TIFFANY'S ... so I'll be able to give you a review of it at some point. Unfortunately, I only got to listen to it for about 10 minutes since I have to run off to work <g>. So far my comment is: Uh ... very DIFFERENT. We'll see.

Have a great day ...

Lynn

Wow, that got my interest....very different, now I want to know more. As far as the flight to Vancouver (as well as back from Anchorage) it is non stop. We have to fly out of Newark (not my favorite airport), but non stop makes it worth it.

Jim

Wow, that got my interest....very different, now I want to know more. As far as the flight to Vancouver (as well as back from Anchorage) it is non stop. We have to fly out of Newark (not my favorite airport), but non stop makes it worth it.

Jim

Ooh ... a nonstop makes just about anything worthwhile, in my book.

I was going to tell you something about the beginning of the story but decided against it <lol>. Sorry. I don't want to "ruin" something that's kind of a surprise. It's the very beginning but maybe a page or two in, so I probably shouldn't say anything. I am soooooooooooo unsure as to how this is going to play out, but I'll give you my review as I get further into the story. Apparently the book is pretty short, five discs, by the way. Sooooooooooooo ............... to be continued ..................

Lynn

Ooh ... a nonstop makes just about anything worthwhile, in my book.

I was going to tell you something about the beginning of the story but decided against it <lol>. Sorry. I don't want to "ruin" something that's kind of a surprise. It's the very beginning but maybe a page or two in, so I probably shouldn't say anything. I am soooooooooooo unsure as to how this is going to play out, but I'll give you my review as I get further into the story. Apparently the book is pretty short, five discs, by the way. Sooooooooooooo ............... to be continued ..................

Lynn

I love it. OK I will wait. Listen quickly please....lol

Non-stop does help, the flight is the day of the cruise tho, so I hope we get there with time to spare (should not be a problem as we land at 10:30 am and the cruise leaves at 5PM, and the airport is 5 miles away, but I am a worrywart when it comes to my cruises!

Jim

Non-stop does help, the flight is the day of the cruise tho, so I hope we get there with time to spare (should not be a problem as we land at 10:30 am and the cruise leaves at 5PM, and the airport is 5 miles away, but I am a worrywart when it comes to my cruises!

Jim

YOU are a worrywart? I am the worst! We live close to the port and I still worry ... what if I have to wait to board my puppies, what if there is an accident on I-95? I drive myself crazy!

NOW I need for you to listen to this book!!! There is a MAJOR point I have to discuss with you. Sigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynn

Jim

Okay, Jim,

I've finished the book and you really NEED to listen to it ... just so we can discuss it. It's very short so it won't take you long to get through <g>.

Lynn

OK, I will put it next on my list. Listening to a thriller right now about a murder mystery based in New York right after 9/11. The author escapes me right now. About 2/3 through, not a book that I think would be something you might want to listen to.

Jim

OK, I will put it next on my list. Listening to a thriller right now about a murder mystery based in New York right after 9/11. The author escapes me right now. About 2/3 through, not a book that I think would be something you might want to listen to.

Jim

You're probably right about THAT ... although don't hate me when you listen to Sundays at Tiffany's. I know you had mentioned to someone on this board that you were interested in it. That's why I'm mentioning it to you. I really want to talk about it with you <g>.

Lynn

okay... butting into a conversation here... Sundays at Tiffanys... is that the new James Patterson book? I've seen it at the stores and really enjoy his books (though they can be a little.... short for my tastes) and it looks interesting. What are your thoughts on it?

okay... butting into a conversation here... Sundays at Tiffanys... is that the new James Patterson book? I've seen it at the stores and really enjoy his books (though they can be a little.... short for my tastes) and it looks interesting. What are your thoughts on it?

I will let Lynn comment on the book as I have not listened/read it yet (although it is on my short list). Please feel free to discuss anything here, the more the merrier. Do you read or listen to books from a general perspective?

I tend to agree about some of his books (James Patterson that is and yes, that is his new book). He does co-author to a large extent and I do get the feel of a rubber stamp that is making marketing use of his name. I had just finished "The Quickie" which was OK, but left me a little wanting as I thought he wrapped it up in a nice clean package a little quickly at the end of the book. Have you read/listened to that one?