Audio Books

LynnAB

Nice pics. although it is kind of tough to make you guys out in a little pic. Love the idea of having the ship on there as well. I do agree it would be tough not just getting on. I envy you being so close.....

I will add Diane Mott Davidson to my list to try. I also enjoy Lisa Scottoline and the way she moves from main character to main character with the different ladies in the law firm.

Saved the best for last.....I have become a grandfather for the first time. My youngest gave birth to a beautiful baby girl yesterday afternoon. We are very proud grandparents....

Jim

CONGRATULATIONS, JIM

That is GREAT news! Details, please. What's her name??? You must be thrilled. Congratulations to you and your wife and your daughter, husband, and new baby girl.

CONGRATULATIONS, JIM

That is GREAT news! Details, please. What's her name??? You must be thrilled. Congratulations to you and your wife and your daughter, husband, and new baby girl.

We are thrilled, walking on air. Her name is Gabriellla, think she will be called Gabby.

Thanks

I use audible for my downloads and they run on an ipod beautifully.

I have used Audible.com and my iPod for 4 years or so. As a subscriber at Audible, you get a "library" of the books you've purchased. You can choose when you want to download them to your computer. With the right software (free) downloaded from Audible & Itunes, it transfers directly to your iTunes account.

Even if you delete the items from your computer, they're still stored at Audible, so you can survive a crash, save space on your hard drive and still have a second go-ariound with the books you love.

Right now I"m listening to "The Thing About Life is that One day You'll Be Deas." Not as morbid as it sounds, actually quite funny,

My favorite part of every day on a cruise is sitting on the deck listening to a good book and people-watching from behind my sunglasses. :)

I have used Audible.com and my iPod for 4 years or so. As a subscriber at Audible, you get a "library" of the books you've purchased. You can choose when you want to download them to your computer. With the right software (free) downloaded from Audible & Itunes, it transfers directly to your iTunes account.

Even if you delete the items from your computer, they're still stored at Audible, so you can survive a crash, save space on your hard drive and still have a second go-ariound with the books you love.

Right now I"m listening to "The Thing About Life is that One day You'll Be Deas." Not as morbid as it sounds, actually quite funny,

My favorite part of every day on a cruise is sitting on the deck listening to a good book and people-watching from behind my sunglasses. :)

Thanks for the update on Audible. I will have to look at it a little harder once my subscription to simplyaudiobooks.com expires.

Please feel free to keep everyone here abreast to what you are listening to, it is something we all enjoy doing.

Jim

Jim,

I'm starting back at the beginning of Lisa Scottoline's books now. I just started listening to Everywhere That Mary Went. So far, so good. I think I'd enjoy anything read by Barbara Rosenblatt, but I also like Lisa Scottoline's books a whole lot, too.

Jim,

I'm starting back at the beginning of Lisa Scottoline's books now. I just started listening to Everywhere That Mary Went. So far, so good. I think I'd enjoy anything read by Barbara Rosenblatt, but I also like Lisa Scottoline's books a whole lot, too.

I think you are right on (as usual) in regards to Barbara Rosenblat. How did you know which book starts a series?

Jim

I think you are right on (as usual) in regards to Barbara Rosenblat. How did you know which book starts a series?

Jim

Hi, Jim,

I always, always go to an author's web site and figure out the order of the books. I'm soooo compulsive about silly things like that.

I just finished Everywhere That Mary Went and enjoyed it.

I'm driving myself crazy over WHICH books to put on my Cowon for my cruise. I usually go through this dilemna with paperback books and don't read any because I'm too busy running around trying to DO everything. I figure with audio books, I can just lie on a chaise lounge and LISTEN while I'm people watching <g>. We'll see.

I hope you had a wonderful Easter. I ate too much <g>.

Lynn

Finished Playing for Pizza by John Grisham. Second book of his I have listened to based in Italy. He does such a great job of describing the country and the food, it is obvious that it is a labor of love. A littel lighter read than his others but still very enjoyable. Deep into Duma Key by Stephen King (I know you don't like his stuff), with a Lisa Scottoline book waiting in the wings (cant remember the title right now).

Jim

Finished Playing for Pizza by John Grisham. Second book of his I have listened to based in Italy. He does such a great job of describing the country and the food, it is obvious that it is a labor of love. A littel lighter read than his others but still very enjoyable. Deep into Duma Key by Stephen King (I know you don't like his stuff), with a Lisa Scottoline book waiting in the wings (cant remember the title right now).

Jim

I'm going to put Playing for Pizza on my list. Sounds good! Thanks!!!

Lynn

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Jim,

How is your reading going? Anything new and exciting to report?

I'm still in my Diane Mott Davidson mode right now ... light and fun and don't require heavy-duty thinking. I'm too busy with work and pre-cruise planning and excitement to read anything serious. I just want FUN books to listen to for the next few weeks <g>.

On a different topic, though, have you ever seen Gone With the Wind in audio format? I can't seem to find it anywhere but thought I'd enjoy it.

I hope all is well with you. How is Gabriella ... other than perfect <g>?

Lynn

Hi, Jim,

I'm still in my Diane Mott Davidson mode right now ... light and fun and don't require heavy-duty thinking. I'm too busy with work and pre-cruise planning and excitement to read anything serious. I just want FUN books to listen to for the next few weeks <g>.

On a different topic, though, have you ever seen Gone With the Wind in audio format? I can't seem to find it anywhere but thought I'd enjoy it.

Lynn

Hi Lynn, I do have some new book news. Found A new author that I am into lately. His name is Robert Crais. He has a series that surrounds a private investigator in LA named Elvis Cole. The first one I listened to is called Sunset Express. Very good.

Sorry I have not had much chance to update here. Gabby is great, and my oldest got married on Friday, so we have been pretty busy here. Your B2B is coming up in a couple of weeks and I am sure you are very excited to get on the ship!!!!!

Jim

Hi, Jim,

Lynn

I have seen a lot of classics on audio books but not Gone with the Wind. If I see it, I will be sure to let you know.

Jim

Hi Lynn, I do have some new book news. Found A new author that I am into lately. His name is Robert Crais. He has a series that surrounds a private investigator in LA named Elvis Cole. The first one I listened to is called Sunset Express. Very good.

Sorry I have not had much chance to update here. Gabby is great, and my oldest got married on Friday, so we have been pretty busy here. Your B2B is coming up in a couple of weeks and I am sure you are very excited to get on the ship!!!!!

Jim

Wow, a new author for me, too!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you ... it's soooo exciting to have a new author to check out.

Congratulations on your daughter's wedding. You are a busy man!!!

Lynn

I have seen a lot of classics on audio books but not Gone with the Wind. If I see it, I will be sure to let you know.

Jim

Thank you! I appreciate it.

I see you're going on Carnival Spirit in July. Is that Hawaii? My friend's mother is sailing on that ship even as I write this. She supposedly sailed out at 9:00 p.m., this evening.

Thank you! I appreciate it.

I see you're going on Carnival Spirit in July. Is that Hawaii? My friend's mother is sailing on that ship even as I write this. She supposedly sailed out at 9:00 p.m., this evening.

No, it's Alaska. The Spirit does a Mexican Riviera for most of the year and then two positional cruises to get in place for Alaska which go to Hawaii (one from Ensenada (spelling correction needed I am sure) to Hawaii and then Hawaii to Alaska. The Spirit class of ships from Carnival are my favorite, even if a bit funky (the Carnival architect Joe Farcus gets crazier with each ship he designs).

Wow, a new author for me, too!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you ... it's soooo exciting to have a new author to check out.

Congratulations on your daughter's wedding. You are a busy man!!!

Lynn

I know, I need some normal life time, we are really exhausted....but all great things!!!!

Jim

Hey Lynn, you must be in countdown mode by now. Have another author I am not sure we talked about for you to consider. The author is Lisa Gardener who writes about a MA. detective named Bobby Dodge. Just started my second audio book of hers.

Jim

Hey Lynn, you must be in countdown mode by now. Have another author I am not sure we talked about for you to consider. The author is Lisa Gardener who writes about a MA. detective named Bobby Dodge. Just started my second audio book of hers.

Jim

Hi, Jim,

You know, Lisa Gardner has been recommended to me years ago but I wasn't reading mysteries at the time. Now I can't get enough of them, it seems, if they aren't TOO rough <g>. I'll check her out!!! Thanks, Jim!!!

Lynn

P.S. Yes, we're in MAJOR countdown mode. I'm going over my packing lists and starting to really get ready now.

Hi, Jim,

You know, Lisa Gardner has been recommended to me years ago but I wasn't reading mysteries at the time. Now I can't get enough of them, it seems, if they aren't TOO rough <g>. I'll check her out!!! Thanks, Jim!!!

Lynn

P.S. Yes, we're in MAJOR countdown mode. I'm going over my packing lists and starting to really get ready now.

Not too rough at all (there is murder involved....but isn't there always?), I think you will enjoy her books. I am soooooooo jealous of you going b2b!

Not too rough at all (there is murder involved....but isn't there always?), I think you will enjoy her books. I am soooooooo jealous of you going b2b!

YOU who went to HAWAII are jealous of MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE? You were soooooooooo lucky, sir, AND you have your Alaska cruise coming up. Wow! I am very, very, very, very excited about a b2b, though, since we've never done one and ALWAYS feel that the one week just flies by in a blur.

Lynn

YOU who went to HAWAII are jealous of MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE? You were soooooooooo lucky, sir, AND you have your Alaska cruise coming up. Wow! I am very, very, very, very excited about a b2b, though, since we've never done one and ALWAYS feel that the one week just flies by in a blur.

Lynn

LOL....OK, OK I am lucky as well. Can't wait to hear if the best part is staying ON the ship when everyone gets off at the end of the first week tho...

Jim

LOL....OK, OK I am lucky as well. Can't wait to hear if the best part is staying ON the ship when everyone gets off at the end of the first week tho...

Jim

From what I'm THINKING, that may BE the best part of the whole cruise <g>. Last night, though, I was thinking the best part is probably the whole first week when you're NOT counting down the days and NOT looking at the day of the week in the elevator and being SAD every day when you see you're one day closer to the end of your vacation.

I will definitely let you know.

I'm a little confused about your cruise. Are you doing two weeks but just changing ships ... or are you sailing at different times in July?

Lynn

I thank God that I had my iPod and audiobooks while in DFW waiting for, no standing by, for my American Airlines flight to FLL on April 12th. Having flown in on Alaska Air, and on a share-code flight with AA, I was told Alaska Air had cancelled our flight to FLL. Now why would they do that if they checked my luggage to FLL? We had to go outside security to the counter, where someone seemed to care. He put us at the top of the standby list for the flight. 5 hours to wait, not knowing if we would get on.

Luckily I had my iPod, but not the charger. There happen to be machines where you can purchase parts for iPods, and I located a charger for $19.99, which kept 4 of us juiced for the long wait.

Happily I listened to "The Beatles" by Bob Spitz which is a great bio on how they came to be, how the music changed with the times, and how and why they broke up. It's a tribute as well as a history lesson, expecially meaningful if you grew up during the times that they were at the top of the charts.

It made the American Airlines MD80 debacle seem less infuriating.