Travel Agents, are they up themselves!!!!

zip506

Long Story, but worth it.

Deciding six months ago, to plan a Aussie cruise !

I am a delivery driver and walked past a well know T/A in a northern suburb shopping centre.

I enquired about an PO cruise, six months in advance.

They told me, if I booked with them X 2, I would get $75 on board shopping dollars, for free each, = ($150).

Since, I hadn't been on a ship for 41 years, and could book for that cruise, I asked? What would happen, if one or both of us, could not make the cruise, like can we change the name on the ticket?

I was told, NO, once the names are booked, that's that.

I thought, well who knows what might happen in 6 months, so didn't book.

I then walked past another well known T/A at Garden City, and asked the same question.

He told me, that even within 24 hours, names can be changed on tickets, for a fee.

So I booked. So I didn't get my free (2 X $75) free on board money, who cares.

I pay my deposit, all good, great, many thanks.

I then go into the same T/A, to pay a part payment.

Noses are stuck in the air, they try to ignor me, Miss is stuck to the computer screen and everyone else is busy with customers. Miss is doing her best to ignor me until another agent gets free.

My turn, and I lay out fresh $100 bills towards the debit. I also ask, that a surname spelling be changed from an a to an e?

I also ask, if poss, can you tell me what cabin number, we get?

She grabs the 100's and dissapears for 30 sec's and hands me my reciept, saying, yeah I will change the name spelling later and nothing about cabin number!

I was pissed off, so sent an email, to their head office.

A few days later, the actual T/A I had booked the trip with was on the phone, saying sorry, sorry b/s, sorry, stating that the 'a' had been changed in the name, sorry b/s sorry, still no cabin number!

Before he got off the phone, I asked him, can I pay more towards my tickets, at any of the other franchised stores? Yes he said, NO problems!

All I was to say, was here is some more dollars. towards the trip I booked at Garden City, great!

I happened to be in Kenmore one fine morning, willing to pay another payment towards the trip at 9 am.

Three woman, all T/A were all smiles as I walked in.

I went upto the desk, planted $800 on the desk and stated this was toward my payment of the trip, I booked at their Garden City office.

Their faces lost their smile staight away, the head sheila, stated, have you contacted Garden City about this payment?

No, I said, I was told, I can pay it anywhere!

She was pissed off, she took the money, gave me a reciept, then said, YOU WILL HAVE TO CONTACT Garden City, that we have taken your money!

I said, can't you call them, and say I have paid you the money?

NO SHE SAID, I WILL NOT CALL THEM, YOU WILL HAVE TO CALL THEM YOUSELF. I REFUSE TO CALL GARDEN CITY!

Gee great service! One says one thing, another says another.

So, I emailed a dirty letter to P+O about my T/A, just stating how T/A's can stuff their business up.

In the meantime, I paid fully for the trip.

A few day later, I get a call from P+O about my hassels from my T/A.

They seemed to be pissed off as well, and asked me more about the T/A, they then said, we will give you $200 on board dollars, for the trouble that the T/A's have given you.

I will accept the $200, BUT that was not the reason I complained! I want P+O, to know, what crap can go on with T/A's

Frank

I will accept the $200, BUT that was not the reason I complained! I want P+O, to know, what crap can go on with T/A's

Frank

Frank,

I guess, like all areas of life, there are good ones and bad ones. I guess all you can do is vote with your feet. I have heard lots of horror stories over the years.

We are happy with our T\A, who has been on the ball and always happy to answer questions face to face with a smile or over the phone.

Sorry you got one of the duds.

Cheers

Geoff

wow, aorry you have had more than your fair share of poor TA service.

I dont think i have ever had that kind of treatment. sometimes some may not be as knowledgable about a certain area but they have usually found out and been professional about it.

I have booked my cruises online and asked for quotes from quite a few street Ta and online and always recieved very prompt and professional treatment even if i did not book with them.

As geoff said do not go back there. I wonder if these days some of the big companies have salary staff not on comission so the desire to look after clients is gone.

hope you still enjoy your cruise and welcome to CC

• 3 weeks later...

We have booked our last 2 cruises through a local T/A. No problems whatsoever. When P&O stuffed up our shore tours our T/A was straight on the phone to them & sorted it out. As I was leaving that day she wished me a wonderful holiday and kindly asked me to pop in when I get back & let her know if we enjoyed it or not. I will be calling in this arvy when I'm up there....I just hope she's working today:)

Karen

FRANK, glad in the end P&O looked after you, true some TA's are up themselves, pardon the pun.

I would never go through a local TA after booking our last 2 trips through an on line cruise marketer in Perth..they are the Best.!;)

The marketers cut heaps off TA and brochure prices.

FRANK, glad in the end P&O looked after you, true some TA's are up themselves, pardon the pun.

I would never go through a local TA after booking our last 2 trips through an on line cruise marketer in Perth..they are the Best.!;)

Hehe Les, I think they are the Best too!!;)

Chez

xx

He he, me too.

I have never had a problem receiving cruise folder and they are always helpful with enquiries at any time. can't beat that.

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

Archived