Ordering Flowers or Bringing them On

vickie_bernie

I've done both. I've had nice arrangements from them. Yes, you can order them in advance, or when you get on the ship. They will almost always have a table set up to pick arrangements from too. As far as bringing on your own, where are you going? If you're talking Tahiti or Europe, you can get gorgeous flowers in port usually fairly inexpensive. In Europe, I was always bringing more flowers back from port. In Tahiti I bought an awesome arrangement for about $15.00 that lasted the whole cruise. If you're going to bring on your own, it's nice to have a collapsable vase, as it's almost impossible to get one from your steward. Have fun.

Tammy

Brought on two beautiful bouquets from Pikes Market in Seattle for our Alaska cruise. I did find a cheap vase at a store to bring on also. The bouquets are absolutely magnificant at the market and only about $15. Also bought flowers at a market in Jamaica. It does brighten up the room! I think the biggest problem is having a large enough vase if you buy something ashore.

Just back from the Crown Princess out of San Juan and ordered the $59 dozen roses. The arrangement was beautiful, with large long stem red roses and tons of baby's breath. Well worth the price and lasted all week.

You can also buy flowers onboard.

Like many others, we've done both. On a recent cruise, my friends (saling with us) gave me a beautiful tropcial bouquet a quarter of the way through the cruise (birthday). It lasted to the end and I even dissembled it and took it with me to our post cruise hotel and ended up tossing the very last flower the day before we left London (we stayed a week).

The suite also came with a bouquet and it held up to the end of the cruise, but it was looking a little sad.

You can also pre-order your flowers before you leave so that they will be in your cabin awaiting you.

We've purchased flowers at Le Marche and they outlasted the flowers in the suite by about three days - again, I took them with me to our post hotel.

If you love flowers, then you'll know what to look for in freshness and I think you'll be pleased with the arragements offered to passengers, at least we have always been happy with them.

Charlie

I've brought on cut flowers in Japan, Alaska, Ecuador, Singapore, and Senegal, among other places. I got an azalea plant in Italy that bloomed for many weeks and an orchid plant in Ft Lauderdale that was great for an Atlantic crossing. I've never tried taking any off the ship.

I've also never had trouble getting a vase either from the room steward or from room service.

I love having fresh flowers in the cabin and it's interesting to see what's available in different countries.

Cheers!

Dee

We have both ordered and brought flowers onboard in many ports. No problem at all bringing them onboard, just don't try to take them back off at the end of the cruise. There is no problem at all with bringing flowers onboard. Normally though, unless in Tahiti, we just ordered them from the cruise line. Lovely arrangements and they really last and last.

we are doing a b2b on the Emerald so twenty days in total and I love flowers. Was thinking about ordering flowers once onboard then maybe picking some up to add to it when necessary. But didn't think i could bring them back on the ship, you know customs etc.

We too have done both (ordered from the ship and bought in port). We have always enjoyed the flowers we have purchase in various ports around the world. The arrangements tend to be super fresh and relatively inexpensive. As a matter of fact when we were in Vigo Spain a few years ago we saw our Cruise Director with a huge bouquet she purchased in port.

I know a great florist in Boca Raton who would probably deliver to you in Ft. Lauderdale .

Has anyone bought flowers in Barcelona at the flower stalls along Las Ramblas? We will be there in a couple of weeks and I wanted to get an arm load to take to the ship.

We have! We wound up having a custom made arrangement for an unbelievably low price. We checked out of our pre-cruise hotel; checked in on the ship; dropped our stuff and went to the Ramblas. Have fun!

Has anyone bought flowers in Barcelona at the flower stalls along Las Ramblas? We will be there in a couple of weeks and I wanted to get an arm load to take to the ship.

We have! We wound up having a custom made arrangement for an unbelievably low price. We checked out of our pre-cruise hotel; checked in on the ship; dropped our stuff and went to the Ramblas. Have fun!

Robb, Yes I have. A beautiful bouquet of peach colored roses. There are many stalls on Las Ramblas. Prices reasonable. I always buy a cheap vase at $1. store, craft warehouse, etc. and stuff with socks or t shirts and put it in the middle of my suitcase. Depending on the cruise line there is sometimes a problem with getting a vase.

Archived