Princess Cays Yes or No

howard6933

I've seen a few things about Princess ships bypasssing Princess Cays and stopping at Nassau instead. I know that Princess Cays sustained some damage in one of the storms that hit the Caribbean. Are the ships still not stopping at Princess Cays or are they back to normal. :confused:

Have friends on the Grand right now. They love their day at Princess Cays and I'm sure will be very dissappointed on Friday if they are not enjoying the lovely beach. Will find out when they are home I guess if it stopped or not. I did try to warn them prior to leaving that the TS may have done some damage but they were staying positive:)

Just guessing that by Feb. they'll be long back in business. Last time PC was closed was 94 I believe and it was out of commission about 2 months (and that was for damage from a hurricane, not just a TS).

I think it has been closed since "94"....it was closed for a lengthly time just a couple of years ago because of hurricane damage

We almost missed it due to extensive hurricane damage, but for the life of me I can't remember when. According to the staff at Princess it took out almost everything that time. They do however get it back together rather quickly. We also want it repaired soon as we have a stop there in January.

We're just off the CB on Sunday and on Sat. we we're rerouted to Nassau. The same thing happened on the cruise just before us, (Nov. 3). Princess personell told us onboard perhaps one more week and they'll be back to Princess Cays.

The web cam from the Grand Princess indiates that it is at sea and heading to Princess Cays. Last week at this time it said it was heading to Nassau. That's a pretty good indicator that Princess Cays is open for business.

GREAT!!! I will be on the Grand 11/17! Cant wait...first cruise on a line other then RCI!

Only wish I wouldve found CC earlier...booked into the Baja (?) deck...and wondering if I can get out of it as I understand it has a tiny balcony....bummer

The web cam from the Grand Princess indiates that it is at sea and heading to Princess Cays. Last week at this time it said it was heading to Nassau. That's a pretty good indicator that Princess Cays is open for business.

That's great news, we're on the Grand 12/8 and both DH and I were looking forward to seeing Princess Cays. Keeping our fingers crossed that you're correct!!

I'm telling you I WAS JUST THERE OCTOBER 2007 and it is better than perfect.

Perhaps you are unaware that TS Noel hit the Bahamas on approximately Nov. 1 or 2 causing damage to Princess Cays. What happened in October 2007 has no bearing on cruisers the past two weeks who have had to miss Princess Cays and go to Nassau.

I'm so glad Princess Cays is back on the itinerary since my daughter and new SIL leave tomorrow for their honeymoon cruise on the Grand!:)

Archived