Monarch JS Bathtubs

Being that I have not previously sailed on this ship, I was curious to know if the bathtubs in the JS on the Monarch are of a size where one can take a nice, warm bath & relax, or if they were more the size of something to bathe a small dog in.

The tub is small and it is very easy to slip. It is a high step up into the tub if you are short (I am almost 5'4"). On the Oct 26th weekend cruise I slipped twice in the tub and very thankful for the grab bar which I was holding on to although I did hit my knee hard on the tub trying to get in. Thinking of bringing a tub mat just so I won't slip when I go again in April.

They are about the size of a small home tub--certainly not a "soaking" tub, but sufficient. The tub does make the bathroom a bit larger than normal--and it's easy to shower in, too! (The showers are smaller than a phone booth, if anyone remembers them!!!)

I've never found the sides of the tub to be 'high'--and I'm 5'4", too!

Also, since there is only a tub and not a stall shower, you should know that if there is anyone tall in your party, they will not be able to stand straight up in the tub while taking a shower. I am about 6'1 and my head hit the ceiling.

Also, since there is only a tub and not a stall shower, you should know that if there is anyone tall in your party, they will not be able to stand straight up in the tub while taking a shower. I am about 6'1 and my head hit the ceiling.

Yep, my hubby is 6'4" and had to bend during his showers.

I'm 5'4" and I agree with Ginnylou about the high step.

###

The tub/shower combo on Monarch in the JS is very strange. The tub part is very high, and the ceiling inside the stall is very low, as others have mentioned. I guess you could take a bath, but not a full on relaxing one. It is not a very big space. :)

We had a JS on the Sovereign, so I'll assume that they are the same size.

Yes, I had to step UP and INTO the bath, and it wasn't a breeze, but I was fine - and I'm five foot nothing.

My son was 6' at the time, and yes, he had to duck his head to shower. (and complained bitterly about this, as only a child who is NOT paying for his own cruise can do ;))

:)

Agreed. Erin asked about taking a bath, which I also admit...I had visions of doing before we sailed. But it is weird. You step up and in, and then the ceiling is low. We are both tall. You'll have to see and decide on the bathing for yourself. :D

LOL I told DH about hitting his head this morning. He's just shy of 6'1". He had no idea we were even going to have a tub in the room. And he wonders why I tell him to join CC! He is going to be so clueless on this cruise, and he's already been on the ship (he sailed before he last refurb though)! It will be my first time on Monarch, and I think I'll be the one who will have things under control. LOL

Archived