Pacific Sun Arrives at Her New Home

Star-Man

Bon Voyage to all sailing on her today including my uncle, his partner, his son & his partner's daughter (gee that's a mouthful, gotta love the world we live in of blended families!!).

I'm looking forward to hearing all about it when I come down next weekend for my Nan's 80th Birthday celebrations!!

Cheers,

Charmain:)

I didn't even notice. Shows how much attention I pay!!:p ;) The view looks really good actually.:cool:

Hope you guys in Brisbane enjoy the Pacific Sun. She may be nothing on the outside, but she has her own character on the inside. I'm sure I'll be up to Brisbane to sail on her again one day.:)

We went down to see her come in thismorning. We were told that she will be turned around on high tide. We actually went down to see her being turned around, and the morning we are there, they dont turn her :( . That would be right.

See all Brisbanites soon at the gettogether.

Cheers,

Kirsten

I Hope all you in Brisbane keep good care of her, as I look forward to seeing the Sun here in Auckland soon :) :D

That will be the "NEW" P&O ship

thats coming to Auckland for a season

.......thats what they say

in the big ad's they are running.:eek:

That will be the "NEW" P&O ship

thats coming to Auckland for a season

.......thats what they say

in the big ad's they are running.:eek:

Yes, I noticed when we were over there last month that they were making it sound like Auckland was getting a new ship rather than a different ship.

Yes, I noticed when we were over there last month that they were making it sound like Auckland was getting a new ship rather than a different ship.

Don’t forget Auckland has had the star for a few season, so really the Sun is a new ship for us (as I don’t think the sun has been over here before, I could be wrong thought)

Slightly less exciting bridge now :p

They did the same for the dawn... made her sound all new and built for P&O... I was actually surprised when I found out she wa ssecond hand... Im sure a lot of the people who have rushed to book probably don't know :confused:

Don't think P&O Australia will EVER get a New Build.:( We are too far down the ladder in Carnival. Though saying that AIDA did receive a brand new ship, so I suppose anything is possible. I'd be happy with a ship such as Carnival Victory.:D

If anyone can find an ad for the Pacific Sun in Auckland, could you please post it somewhere for us to see.:)

The only ads I see here in Sydney are in the Sunday papers and TV ads in the lead up to the Pacific Dawn.:confused:

Don’t forget Auckland has had the star for a few season, so really the Sun is a new ship for us (as I don’t think the sun has been over here before, I could be wrong thought)

Yep, Pacific Sun has been to Auckland. She replaced Pacific Sky on a charter for a big sporting event that was on in NZ - she was basically following the competiton around the country. I think it might have been the Rugby Leauge World Cup?? or something similar. Pacific Sky was once again stuck in dry dock in Brisbane.

Karmac (or was it Kaseyoz?....one of the Kare/on's) was on a cruise that was changed so that instead of returning to Sydney, it went on and terminated in Auckland. We were on the previous Pacific Sun cruise, and the crew was quite excited about the change of plan, as many of them hadn't seen New Zealand.

I just think P&O are being a bit foolish,a bit smart,and will end up shooting themselves in the foot,by describing it as a "new" ship.

They do say "new" to NZ, and all on this board and those who follow cruising know what they mean. But for people who have never cruised before it does sound like a new build.

Our 1st cruise was on the Pacific Sun and we had a ball. You will get lost on this ship compared to the Star in which we didnt get lost on. She is much bigger than the Star but loved the Star also. Whoever is sailing today Enjoy!

Hi Anissa, We went down to Portside and had a look at the Pac Sun and I couldn't believe how big it looks compared to the Pac Star! The Pac Dawn must be huge! Have a great day from Pink Poodle

Yep, Pacific Sun has been to Auckland. She replaced Pacific Sky on a charter for a big sporting event that was on in NZ - she was basically following the competiton around the country. I think it might have been the Rugby Leauge World Cup?? or something similar. Pacific Sky was once again stuck in dry dock in Brisbane.

Karmac (or was it Kaseyoz?....one of the Kare/on's) was on a cruise that was changed so that instead of returning to Sydney, it went on and terminated in Auckland. We were on the previous Pacific Sun cruise, and the crew was quite excited about the change of plan, as many of them hadn't seen New Zealand.

No it wasnt me , I dont recall it being karmac either as i think they flew everyone to NZ to join the ship. It could have been though:D

Originally Posted by Skyrules

It was for the Lions Rugby Tour of NZ.We were invaded by Brits,

the Barmy Army, who followed the tour in camper vans

for the whole length of the country,and another big group who

chartered Pacific Sky as a floating Hotel.

Sky then then obliged with one her regular breakdowns

and had they had to bring in Pacific Sun,

rather face the ire of 1,200 Brits.

No it wasnt me , I dont recall it being karmac either as i think they flew everyone to NZ to join the ship. It could have been though:D

I know someone from the board was on the cruise after us, had their cruise shortened by 2 days, got a good partial refund, flights back from Auckland and had a good time in NZ...... We'll have to wait til Karmac gets back from Pacific Dawn to solve the mystery.

Archived