All Things Glory...

kinggartk

I posted a review about 3 weeks ago on our New England/Canada cruise with a bunch of pictures:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1503611

Also posted a 15 min video of the cruise:

Oliver

loved the video (just wish it were longer :p) and the pics. Some day I would love to cruise to the east coast.

Do you know if the Glory has the "secret doors" at the front of the ship. Possibly on deck 6,7 and 9 ? I have been on a couple ships with these and was wondering if the Glory also had them.

loved the video (just wish it were longer :p) and the pics. Some day I would love to cruise to the east coast.

Do you know if the Glory has the "secret doors" at the front of the ship. Possibly on deck 6,7 and 9 ? I have been on a couple ships with these and was wondering if the Glory also had them.

Yes, Glory has secret doors on decks 6 & 7

This is a view from deck 6's secret door

DSC09205.jpg

Oliver

In 5 days I leave for a 2 week B2B cruise on this ship. Looking for more recent reviews and pictures of what this ship has to offer

I was looking at your upcoming cruises. They are the same as mine - just different times. I have two b2b cruises on Glory coming up in January. We also have an 11 day on the Norwegian Dawn. I just thought that it was odd that all the combination of cruise ships we could have booked, we booked the same ships. Let me know how you liked the Glory and I will let you know how the Dawn was.

WOW! I think we need a new Glory thread from 2010 forward . . . I had to speed through 20 something pages of posts to find anything remotely recent!

We were on a two day Cruise to Nowhere out of Norfolk in October. It was a great introduction to the ship, but not nearly long enough to fully appreciate her. Consequently, we are booked to sail the Glory again in May 2012.

The only thing that got us confused was that only some of the decks go from forward to aft; meaning that you can't walk from the front of the ship to the back on certain floors, including the main dining room! Once we figured that out (in less than 48 hours), we were okay.

We thoroughly enjoyed our very short cruise on the Glory and can't wait until the next one. Loved the crew, cabin, food, service, etc. Beautiful ship and the fact that we can drive to Norfolk in 3 hours is a huge plus for us!

Welcome any additional Glory suggestions, references, etc.

The only thing that got us confused was that only some of the decks go from forward to aft; meaning that you can't walk from the front of the ship to the back on certain floors, including the main dining room! Once we figured that out (in less than 48 hours), we were okay.

Actually almost ALL of the decks go from front to back - the only ones that don't are deck 3 & 4 due to the dining rooms/galley location. You can walk across all other decks (and this is the same layout on most conquest class ships so once you figure it out.....)

Does anyone have any recent Funtimes for the Eastern itinerary that lists the tea time and days? I know that these are traditionally on sea days, am just looking for the time/location/etc.

Thank you. Cruise in 57 days!!! :)

I don't even know if we had tea more than once (we had 3 sea days on the Bermuda cruise).

Tea was in the Platinum Dining room on the 2nd level at either 3 or 3:30. See my comments in my review. Very disorganized. Very slow service and they didn't come around with the savory plate of goodies until many people were leaving. But the sweets came around a couple of times.

Rather disappointing. The pianist is good, though, if she's still on the ship.

All Carnival ships (except the Spirit class) are blocked by the galley between the two dining rooms. Once you've sailed one, it shouldn't be difficult to find your way around the others. The other classes are really just expanded, larger versions of the Fantasy class!

I can't imagine sailing one of the bigger ships for my first cruise, though. It took me half of my first cruise to figure out my way around on little, old Jubilee! :o

Note about the not-so-secret decks - when you go out there, please do the folks in the cabins next to the doors a favor - close one before you open the 2nd. That prevents the wind-tunnel effect and stops the doors from slamming. I had one of those 4J cabins on Victory and it was very, very annoying to have that door constantly slamming so hard that the bed shook.

Very nice place to watch pulling into and out of port, though!

Yes, Glory has secret doors on decks 6 & 7

This is a view from deck 6's secret door

DSC09205.jpg

Oliver

There is a secret door on deck 9 (Lido) at the front end of the hall on the port side. There is also an outdoor staircase from the front of deck 10 down to the front of deck 9.

• 2 months later...
Rate the MDR food on a 1-10

Id give it at least an 8+! The prime rib, half spring chicken, bbq ribs, braised short ribs all 10. The lobster tail...well it was delicious but literally 2 bites. Luckily that night I couldnt decide on the bbq ribs or the lobster so I had both! :p I got the bbq and he added the lobster tail and shrimp to the dish. Last night the bacon mac n cheese was yummmm....we had the prime rib but he brought us the BM&C to share.

An appetizer not to be missed is the smoked chicken quesdilla and also the crab cakes. Both 10!

And dont forget the warm chocolate melting cake!!:D

Should have added it in my original post yesterday, but also, please rate the lunch buffet. I was recently on Celebrity Millennium and went hungry a few afternoons because the buffet was so crappy.

never really did the buffet for lunch, there were so many other choices. The deli, burrito station, mongolian wok...all good! We also enjoyed the hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken nuggets (my DD) they were grilling by the pool and the fries there were really good. Id go to the lido buffet to grab some fresh fruit but that was about it although I saw people making some awesome looking salads up there.

secret doors are easy to find, go all the way forward on deck 6,7 or 9 and go out the doors at the end of the hall. either side port or starboard they both have em

our doors had high wind warning signs and we couldnt use them last week.:(

our doors had high wind warning signs and we couldnt use them last week.:(

Be very careful going out these "secret" doors when it's windy. I about had my arm ripped off! The wind grabbed that door (with me still hanging on to the handle) and threw me onto the deck.

Oliver

secret doors are easy to find, go all the way forward on deck 6,7 or 9 and go out the doors at the end of the hall. either side port or starboard they both have em

Deck 10 also has the doors on either side which lead out to a "secret balcony".

IIRC there are stairs that lead down to deck 9.

What's cool about these 2 decks is that they extend out over the bridge on deck 8. Great views, but windy when the ship is underway.

Archived