Alcohol Coupons

ecat522

How much are drinks onboard? Is this a good value? Can you get Martini type drinks?

Just off the Legend and we all used the coupons, friends ordered dirty martini's, rum and cokes, and margaritias and buckets of beer. 4 coupons can be used for a bottle of wine. They worked great! and we will be using them on our next cruise. JUST a warning they do not let you use them on more then one cruise. We were hoping to use any left overs for our Freedom cruise next winter but were told they could only be used on the Legend so it was more drinking!!

Just off the Legend and we all used the coupons, friends ordered dirty martini's, rum and cokes, and margaritias and buckets of beer. 4 coupons can be used for a bottle of wine. They worked great! and we will be using them on our next cruise. JUST a warning they do not let you use them on more then one cruise. We were hoping to use any left overs for our Freedom cruise next winter but were told they could only be used on the Legend so it was more drinking!!

We had a few left (dont ask me how :D ) from our cruise on the Triumph and used them with no problem on the Valor, the kids also used thier unused coupons for pop.

If we have any leftover drink coupons (LOL) we have always used them on our next cruise - no problem. They are not dated, and are the same (as far as we know) from ship to ship. We had received extra coupons from Carnival for a mix-up (their fault) on our last cruise - couldn't drink all that (though we tried our best!!) We will be using them in less than 30 days on the Freedom.

I think you save around .25 per drink buying the coupons. We like to pre-pay our drinks many months before , so we purchase the coupons. Makes our sign and sail bill smaller at the end. We don't mind carrying some coupons with us on the ship - they are very small - just stick them in a pocket. We have been lucky - usually purchase foo-foo drinks, but have never had a waiter/bar person ask us for the price difference if the drink was worth more than the coupon.

if you pre-pay for your coupons before you go and purchase them thru carnival are they in your cabin when you arrive. also when ordering beer to your room do you just give them the coupons when they bring your beer instead of having them put it on your card. new to this cruising

I ordered 4 drink coupons to be in my room when I arrive in a few days. I hope I can use for the "foo foo" drinks, because if I can, I should be saving a little by ordering the coupons in advance. I also purchased some corona, which I hope will be waiting for me in my cabin when I arrive. I will let you know how it goes. Not long now until I find out! :)

I bought 8 coupons for DH and I for our Sensation cruise earlier this month. They worked out great. We did end up buying additional drinks but the coupons helped make sure our Sign & Sail bill wasn't toooo bad at the end. I will definitely buy them again. We skipped the 1st night in the dining room so we got our coupons on the 2nd night. I bought the coupons more for the fact that they were paid for in advance and not so much for the savings. I was able to use them for "foo-foo" drinks and never had anyone ask us to pay extra. It's also nice that the tips are included with the coupon. :)

Our drink coupons were not waiting for us in our room, we got them the first night at dinner. Our hostess actually told us that they are transferable, so whoever told you that you could only use them on that one ship was filled with lies! LOL!

I used them for the drink of the day some of the time, and it seemed to depend on the bartender as to whether or not they wanted your S&S card for the difference. Bil was drinking something considered a premium rum and half the time they wanted his card for the difference, the other half they didn't.

We drank probably twice as many drinks as we had drink coupons... who knew that 40 coupons wouldn't be enough for two people, on a four-day cruise? :o

I bought some on my last cruise on the Valor. Some Bartenders did not know that they were prepaid and made me write my room and folio number on the back of the ticket. At the Club, the waitress asked me for my Sail n Sign card ( for identification purposes only ), but charged me AND took my coupons. I don't think its worth the aggravation and don't think you'll save anything.

Dany

Some people obviously DO save. Unfortunately, it sounds like there is no consistent way in which the coupons are handled.

I may buy a few and see how I like using them. If I don't feel it's worth the effort, then I'll just skip it next time.

OP: you may need to stop obsessing about them! I don't think you're going to get detailed answers since it seems that just about every person who has used them has had a different experience.

Will it save you a ton of money? Probably not! Will it save you some? Maybe! Just go and enjoy your cruise!

Archived