All Genesis rumors here!!

tony7518

I had dinner with the head engineer for RCI and his companion and the only thing I could get wash they are going to have some really large palm trees in the lobby.

Also the "street" would go all the way to the back of the ship with large windows to look out the back.

They would have 2 flowrider machines.

There would be something like 14 restaurants on board.

I had dinner with the head engineer for RCI and his companion and the only thing I could get wash they are going to have some really large palm trees in the lobby.

Also the "street" would go all the way to the back of the ship with large windows to look out the back.

They would have 2 flowrider machines.

There would be something like 14 restaurants on board.

.....then there would be very few aft staterooms! Yikes! :eek:

Leslie

I forget where I heard this rumor, maybe from a waiter on a recent cruise. I heard that there was going to be an actual beach by one of the pools with sand and palm trees,etc. I don't know if it is to be decoration only or if passengers can actually sun on this beach.

I can imagine there would be alot of blowing sand.

I really want to know what is going to be on this massive ship! All I have herd is a bowling ally anything else?:confused:

As far as I know there will be a plaza with palm trees and lost of greenery etc. Supposed to be several decks high around the pools (resort style) and quite long with outdoor cafes etc., retractable roofs, bowling alley (so I heard as well), the 'usual' stuff such as rock climbing, ice rink etc.

Cabins are supposed to be much bigger.

I had a list somewhere. When I get back from my cruise I look it up.

EDIT: OMG. My signature said "Sailed!" I missed my cruise.

:D

My understanding is GENESIS will have the usual Royal Promenade (like the Voyager/Freedom Class ships), but it will extend to the back of the ship.

There will be a another promenade type area called Central Park, and that is what others have mentioned with the trees, plants, skylights, etc. I also heard there will be interior facing cabins overlooking Central Park similar to the Promenade View Cabins on the Voyager ships, with one big difference. They will have balconies.

I'm sure there will be a lot of other surprises as well.

Ernie

i wonder what month the genesis ship will start sailing from the u.s.a.-

a bowling alley sounds neat-

multiple gangways sounds necessary so hope that is a given?

Who said she is sailing from the USA. I heard she is going to alternate with the INDEPENDENCE sailing from Southampton. Only having a joke, but I am sure a lot of people were surprised when we got her over here. Still I am sure you will see her ( Genesis) in Fort lauderdale in the winter, as the Independence is doing the 2008/2009 winter from there. Wherever she sails from I am sure she will be a great ship. I am thinking about landing my private jet on her ( again only joking).

There will be a another promenade type area called Central Park, and that is what others have mentioned with the trees, plants, skylights, etc. I also heard there will be interior facing cabins overlooking Central Park similar to the Promenade View Cabins on the Voyager ships, with one big difference. They will have balconies.

I am really interested to see what those interior balconies are going to look like as I heard that as well. I also heard the "Central Park" area would be located a few decks higher than the Royal Promenade and to the aft of the ship.

I cannot wait!! :D :D

Does anyone know when you can actually book

a cruise on the Genesis? I saw on the previous

signature posts someone is sailing it 10-1-2009.

Is that possible to have a reservation already?

What is the itinerary?

Not possible..I know several people in RCI,and all have told me there won't be much info released till after or near the inaugural of the IOS in May '08.What I DO know is that there will be many more dining venues (yeeeaaahhh!) and many more cabin options/classes.....

All I hope is that the people actually designing Genesis have better imaginations than most of the posters on these boards. Most of what has been suggested (bowling alleys, longer royal promenades, two flowriders®, etc.) are pretty much duplicative of things already available on other ships and other lines. Voyager and Freedom ships both introduced features which were unlike anything found elsewhere among the major cruise lines and contributed to the WOW factor of RCI's ships. Unless Genesis fills its increased space and passenger capacity with truly new and innovative features, I predict that there will be widespread disappointment when they finally announce the details. Things that are already available on other ships and interior rooms with balconies just don't do it for me. C'mon folks, let your imaginations run wild and come up with some exciting but doable ideas.

Archived