Pacific Star in Newcastle on Tuesday, is anyone else going in to see her?

Brushtail

Hi Gang,

The Pacific Star is making an appearance in Newcastle on Tuesday, from 7am to 7pm. We are going in to the Harbour Foreshore after work to see her and watch her sail out.

Gail and Jim (Charlie Girl) are meeting us in there. Is anyone else thinking about going?

We will be meeting at Harrys Cafe de Wheels at 6.00pm.

:)

Hi Gang,

The Pacific Star is making an appearance in Newcastle on Tuesday, from 7am to 7pm. We are going in to the Harbour Foreshore after work to see her and watch her sail out.

Gail and Jim (Charlie Girl) are meeting us in there. Is anyone else thinking about going?

We will be meeting at Harrys Cafe de Wheels at 6.00pm.

:)

Hi Jenny,

Was discussed here months ago. I am flat out at work, but am going to wake up early to get some photos of her past Nobbys from somewhere on The Hill.

She will be berthed at Throsby1, which is close to Wickham rail station. If I get the opportunity in the evening (doubtful), I will be taking some departing snaps from Stockton (near the ferry wharf).

Mercury will be in Newcastle on 21st December too.

Have a great time at the get together. :)

Cheers

Geoff

Hi Jenny

Yeah, Graeme and I will be there, but at the Charlestown Square xmas party at Silo Restaurant at Honeysuckle. Not sure what time we'll be getting in there but may be able to come and meet you guys first.

Cheers

Megagirl

Would love to be there Jen. But I will be tucked up in my bed!! On graveyards this week (9pm-5am) so need my sleep.:( Have a great day tomorrow - oh it is actually Tuesday now - so have a great day today. Want to see lots of pics!!:)

Little deckcam video to come. Alas, with some other things coming up, I was too late to see her in this morning. Looking for some great pics this evening

Cheers

Got a stack of pics from the fishermans co-op then the departure from near Pirates Point. Leaving 1\2 hr late, the departure shots will be darker and grainier than I planned. We were close enough that I needed a wide angle to fit her in as she sailed past.

Will get them up on Flickr in a day or so, and a few here too.

Cheers

Geoff

My daugther went and had a look. She is comming on her first cruise with us on Jan 9. she was supprised at how big the ship was and is convinced she is going to get lost on board. We are sailing on the Sun Princess

Question:Does anyone know how much bigger is the Sun Princess

I think I read some where it is about 50m longer

My daugther went and had a look. She is comming on her first cruise with us on Jan 9. she was supprised at how big the ship was and is convinced she is going to get lost on board. We are sailing on the Sun Princess

Question:Does anyone know how much bigger is the Sun Princess

I think I read some where it is about 50m longer

The Sun Princess is just a tad bigger than the Pacific Star!!:p ;)

The Sun Princess is 56.3 metres longer and 42499 Gross tonnes heavier too!!:eek:

She is also larger than the Pacific Dawn by 7,000 gross tonnes and a mere 11 metres longer.

Have a wonderful cruise aboard the Sun Princess in January. No doubt you know one of the regulars here, kaseyoz, is on your cruise.;)

The Sun Princess is just a tad bigger than the Pacific Star!!:p ;)

The Sun Princess is 56.3 metres longer and 42499 Gross tonnes heavier too!!:eek:

She is also larger than the Pacific Dawn by 7,000 gross tonnes and a mere 11 metres longer.

Have a wonderful cruise aboard the Sun Princess in January. No doubt you know one of the regulars here, kaseyoz, is on your cruise.;)

DW was gobsmacked when I told her Sun Princess is double the size of Pacific Star.

Hi

I think P&O offered city tours, dolphin cruises, vineyard trips, visits to historical Morpeth and Maitland. Heaps to do and the weather was perfect. We had our work xmas party at a restaurant on the harbour last night and it was terrific to watch the ship sail past. Some of the people in our group had cruised before, but everyone in our group (about 150) were watching and waving as the ship sailed out of the harbour. A great sight.

Megagirl

Here are the Newcastle Excursions for the Mercury.

Thanks for the link, Jane.

We were talking last night about what shore tours would be available in our region. When we got to think about it, there were heaps. We are really central to a lot of areas and the Newcastle waterfront and beaches are first class. Geoff (arxcards) is not the only proud Novocastrian. ;)

We enjoyed waving to the Star, it made us feel what it was like from 'the other side'. We waved to plenty of poor shore dwellers over the last 2 weeks or so. :p

OK Pacific Star (and Newcastle) fans - Here's the pics. Pity she didn't leave closer to time. The darkening sky played a few tricks on my setup, and my prized Nobbys backdrops did not quite work. Is a few that did though.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arxcards/sets/72157603317051846/

Cheers

Geoff

Geoff,

Your photos are beautiful and showcase our city at it's best.

Look forward to meeting you next Saturday night. But with Newcastle being such a small place, we will probably find out we already know each other.

Megagirl and hubby

Geoff,

Your photos are beautiful and showcase our city at it's best.

Look forward to meeting you next Saturday night. But with Newcastle being such a small place, we will probably find out we already know each other.

Megagirl and hubby

Looking forward to meeting the CCers next Saturday too. Anything is possible, I know we have bought from your shop in Green Hills (Mind you, the DCM donuts distract me at the same time).

I have just uploaded a panorama of 8 joined photos of the Newcastle foreshore shot from Stockton (at same link as posted earlier)

Cheers

Geoff

Archived