Internet Sevice on ships

Chicago Boy

We have used the internet on both the Constellation and Galaxy and would not do it again. It is very, very expensive for what you get. It takes forever to log on and off and for e-mail to be sent and during the entire process you are be charged. You go through $$$$ in a real hurry.

CB:mad:

At this point, this is the reality on most cruise lines. The cost is high and the speed is fairly slow. In time, technology will get better and prices will come down. Remember, it was not too long ago that most people had dial up internet access from their homes (slow).

Keith

We have used the internet on both the Constellation and Galaxy and would not do it again. It is very, very expensive for what you get. It takes forever to log on and off and for e-mail to be sent and during the entire process you are be charged. You go through $$$$ in a real hurry.

CB:mad:

When we are on Celebrity, we use the email at sea account. Not the internet to get to our email program. It's only a couple dollars per email sent or received. We'd send an email to our daughter who could then forward it to anyone else interested in our news. My husband can keep in contact with his office with a couple emails both ways. We can check our on board account on the tv to see if an email came in for us. Don't even have to go to the computers.

We don't do any internet usage. We can do without for the 10-12 days we are gone. And if I'm missing the sun deck and pool to sit and stare at a computer screen, I'd feel like I'm wasting time.

Hi Everyone !

Just a quick note.... Celebrity seems to be rolling out higher speeds on the internet. It made its debut last week on Constellation. While its nothing like DSL or Cable, it was much better than the snail's pace of internet we have seen onboard in recent years.

At least they are addressing the issue. Now, if prices could come down somewhat, and they put back the webcams, I would be a very happy camper !

I have used the services on Crystal and Holland American because I needed to stay in touch. Both were expensive. I finally found o ut that other passengers were using internet cafe in ports. They were very inexpensive and I was able to get rid of my junk mail etc for a few dollars. It was great to come home to a cleam mail box. My husband thought it was great as it kept me out of the shops for about a half hour. Where do you find these internet cafes. Check with your port host.

Archived