Cancelled Coral Princess...

jay44

Remember this post?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=652799

Well, my sister and I have been robbed of a wonderful time with our father who passed away only 4 days ago.

All he wanted was one last cruise. He had been looking forward to it so much.

So instead of docking in Cartagena next week we will be attending his funeral.

I can't tell you how devasted we are.

Of course there is no refund whatsoever from Princess for all three of us.

Thanks for listening.

Jay

:(

Jay, I am truly sorry for your loss. I just bet your dad was very happy on planning for the cruise. Your sister and you should be very proud that you wanted to do this for your father.

Marilyn

Remember this post?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=652799

Well, my sister and I have been robbed of a wonderful time with our father who passed away only 4 days ago.

All he wanted was one last cruise. He had been looking forward to it so much.

So instead of docking in Cartagena next week we will be attending his funeral.

I can't tell you how devasted we are.

Of course there is no refund whatsoever from Princess for all three of us.

Thanks for listening.

Jay

:(

Truly sorry for your sad loss and your cancelled cruise...

Do try to get some compensation back from Princess...maybe they will give you a cruise credit.Surely with evidence of a death certificate something could be done for you.I am certain no one would object under these circumstances........Sincerely feel for you.........Heather

Jay,

Words are not adequate to comfort you and your sister during these trying times. However, I do wish you and your sister a "Peace that passes all understanding". May God grand you and extra portion of love.

Gary

What a lucky guy your father was to have two daughters who loved him so. Find peace in the fact that his last days were filled with excitement

planning his cruise.

A Single star sparkles new..., set in heaven... that's your Dad.

Teresa

Jay, I'm so sorry. We are the other British couple from the roll call who were going to be on the cruise with you (probably there are others, but we don't know about them). I had been wondering, as we hadn't heard from you recently. Please accept our hearty sympathies, and know that we will be thinking of you and your family. What a pity. And as for Princess not repaying you, I do hope you had insurance cover.

All the very best, and may you be comforted by the thought that your father was looking forward to this cruise and you must have made him very happy by planning this for him.

Joy R

Jay, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your father. Even with a parent in failing health, it's always a shock when they pass away.

I assume you're inquiring about a refund for the breakfast you ordered. Since you are not on the ship, it won't be charged to your onboard account. Insurance will cover the rest of your expenses.

Jay ... our deepest sympahties at your loss. Karen and I both lost our mothers during this last year, so we know what you and your sister are going thru. Hopefully, Princess will reconsider some form of compensation or you had insurance coverage. We'll miss you next week.

Jay - I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope the love of family and friends will provide some comfort through your difficult times. I'm sure just the thought of going on a cruise with loved ones was a great comfort to your Dad. Wishing you peace,

Kirsten

I am truly sorry for your loss, but, Insurance would have covered this!

Ron

Hmmmm. I might have put this a little "gentler" but I do agree but....

This tragedy is another example why I never never never travel w/out travel insurance. It's something you think you might never need but nothing is certain.

I hope your family can take this trip in your father's memory... I bet he'd want you to! My thoughts are with you.

We had to cancel our own Coral princess cruise when my father became ill and passed away two years ago...we did ultimately reschedule our cruise for the following year, and I am glad we did, as we found it to be a healing experience for all of us. I am sorry for the loss of your father...may his memory be a blessing to you.

Jay44,

Chris and I are so sorry we won't be meeting you, your sister, and your father on Friday. What a terrible loss for you. We hope you and your sister will be able to take the trip some other time in memory of your father. We will all be thinking of you and hope your memories of your lives together will sustain you in this difficult time.

Just adding my voice to the many who have already responded. We are sorry for your loss and wish you would have been granted some more time. We will say a toast to your Dad when we enter the lock in the canal. Please accept our sympathies.

Jay you have my heartfelt condolences. I just lost my 90 year old Mom in October so I know the grief and sorrow you are going through. Hopefully you had insurance but in case you didn't perhaps Princess will attempt to compensate you in some fashion. You two need to make the trip at a later time just for your Dad. He will always be with you and will take joy in your taking his 'cruise of a lifetime'.

Jay, I am so sorry for the loss of your father. He was blessed to have daughters who loved and honored him so much. I think it is great that you gave him the excitment of planning a cruise and that filled his last days with joy and anticipation.

I believe he is on the cruise of his life right now and loving every minute of it.

God bless your family, Kris

Archived