putting id on door?

sawmillbarb

I read that you should bring something to hang on your cabin door to make it easier to find??

Is this designed for big partiers like my hubby and I who might overconsume and not find our way "back home"?

What kind of ID would one put on the door? A post it ...something magnetized?? (metal door?)

Just curious

Barb & Tom

Some people decorate their doors for a holiday or whatever. Iv never done it and just go by the cabin # posted next to the door.

Princess puts your name on the holder next to the cabin and maybe complain and dont want it there to protect their privacy.

Just dont put anything personal on your door if you do decorate it. You can make it pretty.

Barb & Tom,

I've been thinking about our door for our Feb cruise. I've never decorated before, but I've seen Happy Birthday, Anniversary, and identifying hometowns on doors of our past cruises. I think I want to do something for Mom's birthday in Feb.

I've also heard to put a page up for random graffiti from other cruisers, and it can result in fun comments, but it can also be abused. I thought this might be fun.

List your ideas, and I may borrow!! Maybe others will post their photos with ideas!!

I'll keep checking back,

LK

My daughter and I cruised over the 4th of July, so we had those kinds of decorations on our door as well as in our room. Someone from our roll call here made posters and we put that on there too! I used doublestick tape, not sure if the doors are magnetic or not, but i have read that some magnets slide down the magnetic doors. Most people DON'T decorate their doors, but we do and it is just a fun thing to do! Certainly not required but fun nonetheless. :)

I put fish on my door.

I took a picture out of a coloring book. Cut it out of funfoam (I think that is what it is called) and glued a magnet on it. I cut the eyes and the fins out of different colored foam and glued them on. They are pretty.

I used to have a bunch of them, but over time they have gotten lost or messed up so I am down to 3 now. I stick those on the refridgerator now. They are fun to look at and I know where they are when I want them again.

For me, no matter how far down the hall my room is, I can spot it.

When the kids were younger, I had one of those dry erase boards you get at everythings a dollar that we used. Sometimes other people would write on it. Never anything bad.

We enjoyed the "Just Married" sign on our door from Royal Caribbean last year that for our first Anniversary we decided to make our own door decor. The best part about it was an excuse to go to Hobby Lobby to get the stuff. DH even got into the designing. We used 2 pieces of foam board and made a beach, fish scene with our names and such on it. It helped getting into the "mood" of cruising. (Like I needed any help!)

We used the magnetic tape to stick it to the door. However, we also experienced the sliding of the decor down the door. Our first stop was Key West and we stopped at CVS and got some packing tape. Worked wonderfully!!

I know it's not the easiest picture to see but here is what our door looked like!!

P1060600.jpg.8f270c6db27ac5122b1d7e89b3f8c08e.jpg

I went to the Dollar Store today and bought a "Winnie the Pooh" Christmas cling. I don't know if it will stick, so I packed tape.

We are leaving Sunday, so I thought the Christmas theme would be nice. Even though I am cruising with my two teenagers, they had no problem with the "Winnie the Pooh", they like to see mom smile.

Princess puts your name on a card in a slot under your room number. Although the print is as small as a business card so if you've had a little too much, you'd never be able to read it.;) On Carnival, we just remembered where our cabin was and the number did help a little lol!

I think that's a great idea to decorate your door if the cruise line allows it. It would surely make it a lot easier to recognize your door at a distance rather than having to check cabin numbers as you go down the hall. I have everything I'd need for a magnetic sign right now. All I'd really need to do would be to decide which picture to use. Currently, I have two major contenders.

My main choice would be to use the same photo that I'm currently using for my avatar.

souskidcroppedcopy14nl.png

My second choice would be to use the photo of an early Salvation Army Band that I currently use as the logo for my musician's forum.

salvationarmycc0.png

What do you think?

I think that's a great idea to decorate your door if the cruise line allows it. It would surely make it a lot easier to recognize your door at a distance rather than having to check cabin numbers as you go down the hall. I have everything I'd need for a magnetic sign right now. All I'd really need to do would be to decide which picture to use. Currently, I have two major contenders.

My main choice would be to use the same photo that I'm currently using for my avatar.

souskidcroppedcopy14nl.png

My second choice would be to use the photo of an early Salvation Army Band that I currently use as the logo for my musician's forum.

salvationarmycc0.png

What do you think?

Neat pictures! Either one would be great! They are definitely different, and you would always be able to find your room, lol!!

On the Triumph I sailed after Thanksgiving. We hung a nice big holiday ornament on our doornob....you could see that thing from a mile-away! If you didnt see it, well look on the other side.... relief. It lasted till the last night which was the only time I traveled the mile walk on the wrong side:rolleyes:. Why is it that I can always find my way to Lido? Strange.....

Always decorate my door. A few times we have had issues with people taking stuff. We always assumed it was kids.. than we caught the middle aged drunk removing the "happy Birthday sign from my SIL's door and sticking it up on the door down the hall. go figure.

I've found that every door has a number. You can use that number to identify your door as well ;)

That requires you to remember your cabin number.:eek:

It also helps for anyone traveling with you but not in your cabin to find you easily.

I've found that every door has a number. You can use that number to identify your door as well ;)

Hmmm...I was thinking along those same lines.:rolleyes:

I will decorate our doors for our next cruise. On our first cruise I think my bil was sleepwalking and left his room and woke up in the gym. He couldn't remember his room number but remembered ours. So at 3 am he was knocking at my door to find out where his room was! My sil was sound asleep and wouldn't wake up so I had to call housekeeping to let him in his room.

So next year I will also put decorations on their door so hopefully he'll be able to find his room.

Also for the rest of the cruise they figured out to lock the door from the inside and he didn't have any trouble with leaving his room in the middle of the night.

My bil still talks about how we saved him!

This was also funny on the same night after my bil knocked on our door at 3am, at 5am there was another knock on our door and my sil was at our door because she got locked out of their room! Her story is she was looking out in the hall and the door closed. So at 5am I was calling housekeeping again to let her in their room.

Hmmm...I was thinking along those same lines.:rolleyes:

I honestly couldn't tell you my cabin number from october...LOL

It was deck 8 , aft, in the middle, the door with my screen name on it...hehehehe:p

Easy to find at 4:00 a.m.

Archived