deck 2 or deck 8 on Liberty

mochi

Please help! I need to decide which cabins to book. My family will be sailing on Liberty of the Seas in February. We have a choice of category N cabins on deck 2 or deck 8. The deck 2 cabins would be directly below the "On Air Club". Does anyone know what this is? I can't find any info about it on the RCCL website. Would it be noisy having this above our cabins? The deck 8 cabins are near the rear of the ship. Some members of our group are prone to motion sickness. Would deck 8 make it worse? Thanks in advance for any inputs!

Our two sons have been on deck 2 on many of our cruises, with us always on deck 7 or 8 balcony. We love deck 8 very much, our family is not prone at all to motion sickness, but I have heard many times that the lower deck you go the less you feel. In fact, now that I think about it, last year on the Monarch we had deck 2 inside stateroom (yes, it was a mere closet :)

it was fine. Price is also a consideration. Good luck and happy cruising!:D

Thanks for the replies.

39august, thanks for the clarification on the On Air Club. Sounds like it might be noisy having a sports bar above us :(

rclcruzer, both the deck 2 and deck 8 cabins that we are looking at are inside cabins, same price. My family isn't prone to motion sickness (knock on wood!), but the other family is. I'm not sure if we should trade off quieter cabins (deck 8) every day for the possibility of motion sickness on "bad days". Come to think of it, on bad days, it probably won't matter what deck we're on!

Thanks for the replies.

39august, thanks for the clarification on the On Air Club. Sounds like it might be noisy having a sports bar above us :(

rclcruzer, both the deck 2 and deck 8 cabins that we are looking at are inside cabins, same price. My family isn't prone to motion sickness (knock on wood!), but the other family is. I'm not sure if we should trade off quieter cabins (deck 8) every day for the possibility of motion sickness on "bad days". Come to think of it, on bad days, it probably won't matter what deck we're on!

yea, I guess it really doesn't matter huh?:D I'm not sure what to tell ya, only that I think Feb is a good cruising weather month, so I've heard. We cruise Monarch in January, but all the others are to the Carrib. in August. So we take major chances when we leave Florida everytime! (only once been a little stuck, but never had huge waves....knock wood.)

I'd take the deck 8 cabins. Large, new ships like Liberty have state-of-the-art stabilizers, so motion shouldn't be a problem towards the rear of the ship unless there's a storm, and then motion is a problem everywhere.

On Air is actually the KARAOKE CLUB, but they do show some sports programming.. so yeah, there will be music and singing pretty late each night. Not sure how much you would hear one deck below. Deck 8 is closer to the pools and windjammer areas, but towards the rear you will definitely feel more motion.

I guess it comes down to whether you are a light sleeper and care about noise vs. feeling a bit more motion (but not enough to really make you SICK)

Thanks, rclcruzer! Everyone on this site is always so helpful.

This is our "big" family reunion and we are all looking forward to sailing on the Liberty. Our last reunion was in 2001 on Voyager. Guess we like the mega ships ;)

I thought you had less chance of motion sickness the higher up and further to the back you were.

I've always heard it was lower BUT we are prone to it and we feel it less higher and it doesn't bother us as much. On the Liberty last week our cabins were on the 10th floor and while we did feel it, we felt it far more on 4 and 3 (dining room) then we did on 10. Some days we didn't notice anything but some nights dinner was a bit less appealing with the rocking. It was still a great ship and trip! Have fun!

Archived