Genesis ships to be based in FLL

jleq

I hope Genesis gets a new itinerary and not just Freedom's old one. I already did the Eastern itinerary on Liberty and the Western on Voyager out of New York. They can't just keep bumping identical itineraries to each new ship. A lot of the people that go on the new ships, go on multiple new ships. Anyone think Genesis could head closer to Mexico instead?

Genesis is going to travel where the ports are large enough to handle a ship of this size. Don't look for any ground breaking itineraries for the two Genesis class ships. We already know that they are building a new pier in St. Maarten for this ship. Also a new port is being built in Falmouth Jamaica. So in the end it will more than likely be a standard eastern/western itinerary. Also the larger ships are being sold as the destination with the ports secondary.

WOW!

A port that will be even worse than Miami & will charge for the privilege. Why should those who will NEVER cruise these Big Beasts pay for their docking facilities? It should be paid for by the cruise lines & through regular port fees or tax the big ones more than others..they require more space & infrastructure.

Can anyone tell me when the fees & Construction will start? We have two upcoming cruises out of FLL already booked --one fully paid for on Jewel in Jan 08 & Celebrity Solstice in Jan 09...Guess that will be the last for awhile from FLL--I am hoping 09 embarkation will not be disrupted by the Construction process.

Many ports (both coasts) are getting very bad posts this week!

One thing that having Genesis Class ships at Fort Lauderdale seems to indicate is that they will be doing the usual Eastern/Western Caribbean cruises. If that is so, will the Freedom Class ships continue those same itineraries too or will there be some changes for them? Seems as if the Freedom Class itineraries would have to change because just how many passengers want to do the same cruise over and over?

It will be interesting to see how Royal Caribbean is going to juggle all its ships' itineraries by 2009.

Genesis is going to drop its passengers off on Labadee for the day, then head back out to sea. The the Freedom class ships will tie up to the Genesis and Genesis will be the island the Freedom class passengers visit for the day. When the day is over, the Freedom class passengers get back on their ship and the Genesis returns to Labadee to pick up its passengers.

Genesis is going to drop its passengers off on Labadee for the day, then head back out to sea. The the Freedom class ships will tie up to the Genesis and Genesis will be the island the Freedom class passengers visit for the day. When the day is over, the Freedom class passengers get back on their ship and the Genesis returns to Labadee to pick up its passengers.

That is so funny!:D :D :D

The Independence will be sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale next year. So eventually she will move to another port. The question to me is whether this will happen before the 1st Genesis ship arrives or when the 2nd Genesis ship arrives. My guess is that she will move to Port Canaveral in the Fall of 2009, when the 1st Genesis-class is in Ft. Lauderdale.

The Independence will be sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale next year. So eventually she will move to another port. The question to me is whether this will happen before the 1st Genesis ship arrives or when the 2nd Genesis ship arrives. My guess is that she will move to Port Canaveral in the Fall of 2009, when the 1st Genesis-class is in Ft. Lauderdale.

Hope your guess is accurate.

Not trying to stir things up, but something seems a little strange to me...

Since RCCL has always considered Miami its flagship port, this is certianly signifigant news. I wonder why the only reporting of it is in a FLL newspaper, and not cruiser-oriented outlets like Cruise News Daily or shipping/cruise industry outlets like Seatrade Insider?

Just thinking out loud.

Not trying to stir things up, but something seems a little strange to me...

Since RCCL has always considered Miami its flagship port, this is certianly signifigant news. I wonder why the only reporting of it is in a FLL newspaper, and not cruiser-oriented outlets like Cruise News Daily or shipping/cruise industry outlets like Seatrade Insider?

Just thinking out loud.

I think the annoucment and the Sun-Sentinel article happened over the weekend. Maybe Cruise News Daily will have an article on it tongiht.

Archived