A bit of an introduction...

*Mach*

I'm not seeking confrontation, believe me. But I did find the fact that you discussed your Cunard Host appointment on Carnival before Cunard to be.... well, shall we say "unexpected"? But I'll leave that be now.

Matthew

To discuss this point for a moment, I also motioned that I host the Jamaica, St Lucia, Gulf Coast Departure, and Hurricane Zone before I made an announcement in those forums. I was asked a question and felt it totally appropriate to answer.

I felt that spending a bit of time here reading and learning would be in order before presenting myself. I may have been wrong, as I've noted I often am.

If I offended you or others here you have my sincere apologies.

As I mentioned, I'm here to perform an administrative function but I would like to make it more than that. You folks determine what this ride will be like for me. I'm just hoping it will be enjoyable.

Thanks for your time.

Welcome young man! Here's hoping you will soon feel at home.

I hope you don't mind one of those little old swinging-pinkies-ladies' question, but do you have a real name?

M-L

Why, yes, I do! Greg, if I recall correctly..

Hi again Mach,

In a slightly more serious vein than my last post on this thread. I managed to identify the Edwards AFB patch by Googling the motto on the internet this morning; and very many thanks for all the additional detail on the significance of its various elements. One follow up question though, what's the significance of the diagonal white stripe that looks as though it's a series of dovetail joints?

Were you a military pilot there or was it a civilian appointment? I'm ex military myself and there are quite a few others around the Cunard board.

Jimmy

You might note that the odd diagonal line that you reference separates the lake bed from the sky. To my knowledge it's little more than an odd depiction of the horizon.

During my time at Edwards I was contracted by the Department of Defense. I have never met a more capable group of folks in my life. Every single person, pilots, maintainers, and engineers went above and beyond time and time again to get the jobs done. Great folks.

You might note that the odd diagonal line that you reference separates the lake bed from the sky. To my knowledge it's little more than an odd depiction of the horizon.

During my time at Edwards I was contracted by the Department of Defense. I have never met a more capable group of folks in my life. Every single person, pilots, maintainers, and engineers went above and beyond time and time again to get the jobs done. Great folks.

Thanks for taking the time to answer that Greg,

looking forward to hearing more from you on here in future.

All the best,

Jimmy

I hope not! I hope it means that we've got a Macho Host:) Buff, bulging muscles, drop dead gorgeous ....... :D

Down Malcolm!!!! Behave yourself...you'll give the rest of us a bad name!:eek: :rolleyes:

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

Just so that you're aware of the ground rules, black tie means black tie. Coloured bow ties are not permitted. Neither are ready tied bow ties, unless you have a dispensation from the requirements to wear a self tied tie. I issue those, and have issued only one to date.

In the meantime, can you do me a favour? I saw this Carnival ship in Cagliari, but I couldn't read the name....

MedSojourn012a.jpg

Matthew

And a grand thank you from she who was "dispensated"....is that a real word? Life was made musch easier altho I did note that there were several who had obviously not noted the requirement to approach you for that dispensation , knowing I was the only one to receive one to date! I took names Matthew....retribution must be swift!

Great photo by the way...amazing what a lack of ongoing maintenance can do:eek:

Cheers, Penny

And hello from me too Greg/Host Mach...I hate being too familiar too soon so you choose which you prefer.

Just to introduce myself, I'm the one who leaves big, ugly clawmarks in the carpets of QM2, discretely of course as befits a Cunard devotee, and writes longingly of my "Affair to Remember" with a glamourous "Lady". I am also slightly left of center but these good folks ignore that fraility and accept me warts and all!:rolleyes:

Hope you'll enjoy us. And as a simple aside, Glenn's thread was kind of special to us as we had a hand in naming little "Itty-bitty" and he's one of us.

Welcome...

Cheers, Penny

And hello from me too Greg/Host Mach...I hate being too familiar too soon so you choose which you prefer.

Just to introduce myself, I'm the one who leaves big, ugly clawmarks in the carpets of QM2, discretely of course as befits a Cunard devotee, and writes longingly of my "Affair to Remember" with a glamourous "Lady". I am also slightly left of center but these good folks ignore that fraility and accept me warts and all!:rolleyes:

Hope you'll enjoy us. And as a simple aside, Glenn's thread was kind of special to us as we had a hand in naming little "Itty-bitty" and he's one of us.

Welcome...

Cheers, Penny

Thanks so much for the welcome. I'm sorry that Glenn's tread got moved. As I understand it, being very new to these things, such action is often brought about by complaints by members. I don't know if such is the case in this instance but in the last several days I have seen numerous reports from nearly every board about what folks deem inappropriate.

I can say, with confidence, that Itty is one handsome young man. My congratulations to the parents and friends.

Host Mach: Please remember that our UK friends are five hours ahead of us on the East Coast, and six hours ahead of Texas, so a 5:00 p.m. cocktail time ;) in the UK is noon on the East Coast and 11:00 a.m. for you. By the time that we have caught up on cocktails, they are sound asleep!ie

Bettie - is it any wonder we're all sound asleep if we've started drinking cocktails by 11am:D

Bettie - is it any wonder we're all sound asleep if we've started drinking cocktails by 11am:D

To keep up with these boards and others, I may also have to start my cocktail hour at 11 a.m. :D Guess I'll have to think more about cutting back on the work schedule!:) First resolution of the new year made!

Sorry you had to start out with a Nitwit and a "Kindly Chap".:eek:

:confused:

Both Glenn and Matthew are very nice people - we've been experiencing a lot of moderation problems here and they happened to be the first people to come across the thread and get the chance to vent a little;) .

Are we advertising beer now?????:eek: This sounds as bad as the Pol!! But does it remove several coats of varnish in one fell swoop???

Cheers, Penny

And a grand thank you from she who was "dispensated"....is that a real word? Life was made musch easier altho I did note that there were several who had obviously not noted the requirement to approach you for that dispensation , knowing I was the only one to receive one to date! I took names Matthew....retribution must be swift!

Great photo by the way...amazing what a lack of ongoing maintenance can do:eek:

Cheers, Penny

Matthew is that you hanging onto the QG there.

thank you everyone for mentioning the little man. i'm sure it wasn't greg's fault and should be laid to rest. cummerbunds are to do with cunard passengers in my opinion but if a thread is started and nobody likes it, it gets no answers. we just happen to be a bit different than folks on other boards as you can see from repete's portrait.

glenn.

(Sorry I'm late, what all did I miss?)

Welcome to the boards Greg! Capitol bunch of folks here and if you survive the first week you will be just fine ;) Happyscot should be along here sometime soon. He always makes things interesting. In fact he is usually here by post 15 at least which means he is late.

Anyway, looking forward to having you aboard.

Hmmm.

Nit, as a bit of an introduction (;) ), could you tell us how Itty's birthday was? We were sending him best wishes yesterday.

hi angela,

his birthday was great thank you. he had a little cake and so many presents and cards i don't know where to put them.

to top it off he took his first step and today did six in a row.

glenn.

Archived