A bit of an introduction...

*Mach*

Big congrats to Itty Bitty on his first steps! That is such an exciting milestone in a child's life. Although, there is an irony about it too. As my cousin put it "We spend the first year of their lives lovingly encouraging them to walk and talk and the next 17 telling them to sit still and be quiet!"

All the same, many happy returns to your son, he is adorable. Maybe when he is older he will find interest in an American blue eyed brunette named Evie? (who crawled for the first time this week)

hi angela,

his birthday was great thank you. he had a little cake and so many presents and cards i don't know where to put them.

to top it off he took his first step and today did six in a row.

glenn.

Oh, that baby is riddled with cuteness! There will be no stopping him now. And you know you will have to share a picture or two. :)

(Sorry I'm late, what all did I miss?)

Welcome to the boards Greg! Capitol bunch of folks here and if you survive the first week you will be just fine ;) Happyscot should be along here sometime soon. He always makes things interesting. In fact he is usually here by post 15 at least which means he is late.

Anyway, looking forward to having you aboard.

You didn't miss much... some good back and forth and time getting to know the fine folks here.

I envy you your visit to the Queen Victoria. I'll be standing by for all the pictures that you mentioned that you'll take. (See??? I really am reading these messages... ) Please indulge me and post them somewhere that I, and others, may vicariously live your short time on board!

Thanks for the welcome. I expect that I'll be enjoying my time here.

got a bit nasty and personal over on the carnival board didn't it?

I don't know... there was one member who posted a link to a thread from some time ago that got rather nasty from both sides. Other than that I didn't notice much.

I don't know... there was one member who posted a link to a thread from some time ago that got rather nasty from both sides. Other than that I didn't notice much.

it's going on now.

they're calling the baby 'ugly' and 'troll'. i mean good grief, he's 1! not exactly brave is it?

this is not a complaint greg so don't pull the thread if you don't have to, i'd like to see how it pans out because a lot of the posters have gone quiet in (i think) embarrassment for them.

glenn.

follow my thread.:confused:

this is not a complaint greg so don't pull the thread if you don't have to, i'd like to see how it pans out because a lot of the posters have gone quiet in (i think) embarrassment for them.

glenn.

And if their thread doesn't drift, I wonder why ours get pulled or moved?

M-L

it's going on now.

they're calling the baby 'ugly' and 'troll'. i mean good grief, he's 1! not exactly brave is it?

glenn.

I didn't see that yesterday, certainly not to say that it wasn't there, I just wasn't aware that it was.

If that was the case, I personally apologize for the actions of the posters and agree that it was completely uncalled for.

it's going on now.

glenn.

Glenn, where is the thread? I can't seem to locate it.

draft beer on the destiny??

don't apologize for them, it's not your fault.:)

Glenn, I like you, don't want it pulled, because of being inherently anti-censworship, but I am quite appalled. To say that about a baby (who, as we all know, is gorgeous). I have rarely read anything more discourteous. I am appalled. All you can do is try not to be upset, because it is so ludicrous, but really. Jane

draft beer on the destiny??

don't apologize for them, it's not your fault.:)

Just read it. Don't normally go on the Carnival board; now I know why. It is UTTERLY vile, discourteous and rude. It's also untrue.

It's a small but frighteningly ignorant minority, Glenn.

Mary

do you have a real name?

Why, yes, I do! Greg, if I recall correctly..

I've just read nitwit's post about itty bitty and I went over to the Carnival board to see what all the fuss was about. Over there they're calling you Nick. Have I missed something somewhere?:)

I've just read nitwit's post about itty bitty and I went over to the Carnival board to see what all the fuss was about. Over there they're calling you Nick. Have I missed something somewhere?:)

they haven't been that nice about you:(.

i'm all for having a bit of a punch up across the boards, it's fun when it's harmless and we're taking the mickey out of each other's dress sense and taste in ships but to go on a personal attack shows a lack of intelligence and respect. and i have now joined in:eek:.

they haven't been that nice about you:(.

i'm all for having a bit of a punch up across the boards, it's fun when it's harmless and we're taking the mickey out of each other's dress sense and taste in ships but to go on a personal attack shows a lack of intelligence and respect. and i have now joined in:eek:.

You are exercising extreme self restraint and decency by not getting the posts removed - if nothing else, as well as hideous, they are irrelevant. I am still stunned that anyone could say such things about a one year old. Jane

To be honest I don't understand their language! I'm trying to work out what "doozies" are and how they "got poofed":D

you are funny sometimes.

it seems to me they are talking 'outside of the box' so to speak and they don't want the thread pulled.

you are funny sometimes.

it seems to me they are talking 'outside of the box' so to speak and they don't want the thread pulled.

Nitwit and nitty:

I wouldn't get to concerned about the comments. After all it was posted on a thread about beer on board some boat. Hardly a place to elicit erudite comments

Archived