A bit of an introduction...

*Mach*

Dog lovers, please get your pooches into the QM2 kennels (or, at least discuss the possibility) in fewer non-topic posts than required to banish this delightful thread to the Flotsam Lounge.

Thanks, Paul

Dog lovers, please get your pooches into the QM2 kennels (or, at least discuss the possibility) in fewer non-topic posts than required to banish this delightful thread to the Flotsam Lounge.

Thanks, Paul

Paul,

No chance. QM2 doesn't take curly coated retrievers.

Retrieverist, if you ask me!

Matthew

Well Paul, since I have to accept some of the blame, I'll get the thread back on topic...Hi Mach!! Congratulations on your new host job! :)

Thanks, Karen.

I appreciate the redirect of the thread. I'm quite enjoying myself, learning Cunard and learning the folks who populate this board.

With a bit of luck I won't get sacked in the terribly near future... ;)

how's the weather where you all are?

i've just been outside and i've lost fifty feet of my garden to the swelling river and my boat has titanic'd. she's down in the nose and will have floundered by morning!:eek:

glenn.

Welcome Mach,

Well I've been reading this post since the beginning and now I'm wishing you a very warm welcome to the job of being the new host here. These contributors are very entertaining and do have their personal quirks and wonderful personalities! I've also noticed that the dogs are just like cats, sleeping on the job whenever they can. Enjoy the company and the ride.

Paul,

No chance. QM2 doesn't take curly coated retrievers.

Retrieverist, if you ask me!

Matthew

Thanks, Matthew, that's on topic!

Don't listen to him--he's a cat-person...

Yes, but at least my cat doesn't pretend to be a poster. I love dogs. I'll bet that our last, Charlemagne, a mutt that swallowed socks whole (and regurgitated them promptly enough for my grandmother to give them back to me to rinse out and wear), would get along great with Sebastian.

Paul

Welcome Mach,

Well I've been reading this post since the beginning and now I'm wishing you a very warm welcome to the job of being the new host here. These contributors are very entertaining and do have their personal quirks and wonderful personalities! I've also noticed that the dogs are just like cats, sleeping on the job whenever they can. Enjoy the company and the ride.

Thank you for the welcome.

These are fine folks with all the same temperaments and such as any where else. Unique, yes but in quite a wonderful way. I only wish that the verve they display could be bottled and sold.

how's the weather where you all are?

i've just been outside and i've lost fifty feet of my garden to the swelling river and my boat has titanic'd. she's down in the nose and will have floundered by morning!:eek:

glenn.

It's not so good here, but we're high. And I don't keep my boat here - she's in the channel tonight. Seriously though, I do hope yours is okay. My grandmother and step-grandfather used to live on a boat on the river in Rye at one time!

Did you get my email?

Matthew

Great pictures Matthew...both were handsome as only a Retriever can be. I'm sure you miss them dreadfully...I miss our old boy Chip all the time but am grateful Bear came along to fill the hurt.

Oh my, speaking of Bear and the cute-o-meter (apologies Paul, just can't let this pass and I don't know how to put his photo in my avatar so...bear with me...) At least the photo is on topic...Cunard....just like Sebastion's only MUCH bigger and MUCH more expensive...he had to take the LARGE size!!

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

DSC00622_2.jpg.f80a06a5c173d82852062728597a2258.jpg

Wouldn't it be wonderful to go back in time to the glory days of Britain and Spain? Have you read Nathaniel Philbrick's "Sea of Glory"? You're right about the history, of course, but we have had some interesting adventures on the sea most folks don't know about. "In the Heart of the Sea" by the same author is also good.

Just spent a few days reading about the Royal Mail Steam Packet Company.

Again, such rich heritage, and so grateful people kept pictures and logs of things.

http://www.merchantnavyofficers.com/rm1.html

It's about time we had some more dog pictures........

Matthew

Matthew, Were those what they call "Working breeds"? (snicker)

Thank you for the welcome.

These are fine folks with all the same temperaments and such as any where else. Unique, yes but in quite a wonderful way. I only wish that the verve they display could be bottled and sold.

Um, Greg, I think that substance would quickly be labeled illegal or subversive.

Glad to see you have already managed to be one of the biggest threads afloat AND keep up with your old pals on the Carnival boards. I can see why you were made host! You keep on top of things, appeal to a wide range of cruisers and crossers, and can relate to people in all sorts of circumstances with all sorts of tastes and treat us all with equanimity!

(The offer stands to send you one of these girls, but act fast! despite being crazy with allergies today, I am falling so much in love with these darlings!)

Greg,

You are truly the renaissance man! A man for all seasons!

I think we're going to like sailing with you!

Karie

105721433_KariesXDFlash003.jpg.b4f5b8fd710a896818efe7b52852bc96.jpg

It's not so good here, but we're high. And I don't keep my boat here - she's in the channel tonight. Seriously though, I do hope yours is okay. My grandmother and step-grandfather used to live on a boat on the river in Rye at one time!

Did you get my email?

Matthew

hi matthew, i don't seem to have had an email from you.

glenn.

Um, Greg, I think that substance would quickly be labeled illegal or subversive.

Glad to see you have already managed to be one of the biggest threads afloat AND keep up with your old pals on the Carnival boards. I can see why you were made host! You keep on top of things, appeal to a wide range of cruisers and crossers, and can relate to people in all sorts of circumstances with all sorts of tastes and treat us all with equanimity!

(The offer stands to send you one of these girls, but act fast! despite being crazy with allergies today, I am falling so much in love with these darlings!)

Greg,

You are truly the renaissance man! A man for all seasons!

I think we're going to like sailing with you!

Karie

To tell you the truth, I think we could use more of that substance. The world has changed and not for the better. Folks like those here respect tradition and tend to be a bit suspicious of change and that, in my opinion, is a very good thing.

Sorry I can't manage one of the kittens especially a faxed one. I'm sure it would be a wonderful little creature but being flat it would have it's limitations, indeed.

You are FAR to kind. I enjoy people or perhaps more correctly I respect people. There is a world full of amazing and interesting things to learn out there. I'm just glad to have the opportunity.

Certainly, but not even Pol Acker could capture the essence of what I've found here... come close perhaps... ;)

Mach,

Pol Acker!!! Essence?

I do believe that I understand your comment.

He is one of us! He speaks French. We have described PA as many things, but not yet have we tried to run a car (or aeroplane) on the stuff.

Good old 4 star PA!!!:)

David

Great pictures Matthew...both were handsome as only a Retriever can be. I'm sure you miss them dreadfully...I miss our old boy Chip all the time but am grateful Bear came along to fill the hurt.

Oh my, speaking of Bear and the cute-o-meter (apologies Paul, just can't let this pass and I don't know how to put his photo in my avatar so...bear with me...) At least the photo is on topic...Cunard....just like Sebastion's only MUCH bigger and MUCH more expensive...he had to take the LARGE size!!

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

Penny . . .

Thank you for sharing the picture... I LUV Goldens . . . He looks absolutely dapper in his QM2 attire!

Certainly, but not even Pol Acker could capture the essence of what I've found here... come close perhaps... ;)

Um, Greg,

You need to read up on our thoughts on Pol Acker.

I didn't find the stuff that heinous but there are those on here who liken it to paint stripper.

So basically, you think we're like caustic turpentine? <LOL>

Hmm, come to think of it, that's not too far off for some of our little squabbles. On tipping, smoking, exercise, QE2 vs QM2 vs Any Other Ship, grills, vs "other", Class or not, photographers' fees, self-tied or hook tie or clip on, black vs colored tie, cummerbund vs vest, (waistcoat?) formalwear, white DJs, Rock at the Opera and Appasionata (for the 27th time)

Come to think of it, I guess that describes us pretty closely!

Karie,

whose tongue is planted quite firmly in her cheek!

Mach,

Pol Acker!!! Essence?

I do believe that I understand your comment.

He is one of us! He speaks French. We have described PA as many things, but not yet have we tried to run a car (or aeroplane) on the stuff.

Good old 4 star PA!!!:)

David

And very eco-green-cutting-edge-environment-friendly-ultra-modern-planet-saving. This could be the greatest thing since bio-diesel.

Jimmy

Oh my, Host Mach/Greg, my manners seem to have fallen by the wayside.:o

Actually, I'm usually a day late and a dollar short anyhow, so allowing for the U.S. economy these days....I guess I'm right about on time....

Welcome! It's good to see another Texan on this board--now there are two of us!! There is a wonderful group on this board as I see you are discovering. Tea is served at 3:00 and cocktails at 5:00, local time of course, which means there is always a bar open on one side of the pond!

Enjoy your time here but be very careful of that sneaky little cat. If he tries to sell you the London Bridge, tell him we already have it over here.;)

Enjoy your time here but be very careful of that sneaky little cat. If he tries to sell you the London Bridge, tell him we already have it over here.;)

Tell you what. We'll try to make his sales expertise useful for once.

Now that your electoral process is starting with the Iowa caucus, perhaps Sir M could take a load of "How to run a democratic (with a small d) Election" books across the pond. I would imagine that he will spend quite some time in Florida.

However, before he goes, his bookseller's stall will be in London and Edinburgh selling his new bestseller, "Financing Political Parties, for Beginners".

David

Archived