A bit of an introduction...

*Mach*

Nitwit and nitty:

I wouldn't get to concerned about the comments. After all it was posted on a thread about beer on board some boat. Hardly a place to elicit erudite comments

NITTY! my god she doesn't know!

she'd be on the next carnival ship with the carving knife.

i'm ok with the carving knife but the carnival ship:eek: :eek: :eek:

Nitwit and nitty:

I wouldn't get to concerned about the comments. After all it was posted on a thread about beer on board some boat. Hardly a place to elicit erudite comments

Lack of erudition is one thing, viciousness another, and there is no need for them to go together.:)

I do hope Machman has not been discouraged by all this. I, for one, appreciated his attempt to get to know us, so to speak. :) Jane

Lack of erudition is one thing, viciousness another, and there is no need for them to go together.:)

:) Jane

very true but from what I gleen from reading their posts beer drinking by the helmet full is a way of life pretty much 24/7 so it can fog the mind and things can come out differently when in such a state. But hey if that is what is needed to get up the courage to sail on that line then go for it.

what was this thread called greg? a bit of an introduction?

how's it going?:D :D

Yeah... that was it... Sadly, what I meant to be pleasant has gone rather awry. There have been unfair shots on both sides but, regrettably, a very few folks on the other board have gone quite overboard. For that I am truly sorry. The comments about Itty are totally uncalled for.

I really don't understand the entire thing. I love Carnival. I've had wonderful experiences on Carnival. Cunard is quite different. The market is different, the product is different but people are people. Regardless of country of origin or social/economic status we're all built of the same stuff. It's a shame that it comes down to gratuitous name calling.

I've never been involved in the 'draft beer' thread and until just a very short time ago, had never even looked at it. Talk about thread drift!

I would love it if all this would simply come to an end and we could enjoy the boards for what they were meant; an exchange of ideas, providing help to others and a calm little oasis in a sea of internet craziness.

I would love it if all this would simply come to an end and we could enjoy the boards for what they were meant; an exchange of ideas, providing help to others and a calm little oasis in a sea of internet craziness.

Hey Greg,

I'm with you on that. I'm all for a calm little oasis - such a contrast with my house. Let's hang on to a little of the craziness though - we've pretty much cornered the market in talking cats!! :)

Jimmy

Hey Greg,

I'm with you on that. I'm all for a calm little oasis - such a contrast with my house. Let's hang on to a little of the craziness though - we've pretty much cornered the market in talking cats!! :)

Jimmy

You have a talking cat, too??? Mine went to the Big Litter Box in The Sky a few years back. Despite that, I can assure you that she was FAR brighter than I. ;)

Yeah... that was it... Sadly, what I meant to be pleasant has gone rather awry. There have been unfair shots on both sides but, regrettably, a very few folks on the other board have gone quite overboard. For that I am truly sorry. The comments about Itty are totally uncalled for.

I really don't understand the entire thing. I love Carnival. I've had wonderful experiences on Carnival. Cunard is quite different. The market is different, the product is different but people are people. Regardless of country of origin or social/economic status we're all built of the same stuff. It's a shame that it comes down to gratuitous name calling.

I've never been involved in the 'draft beer' thread and until just a very short time ago, had never even looked at it. Talk about thread drift!

don't worry, 'tis done.

read it and don't panic.

:)glenn:)

So, lock the offending thread(s) and everyone can move on...bearing in mind that the Internet is an open source...whatever you put out there is subject to comment by anyone...

This is what I've learned about these cross-board skirmishes--ignore them.

I mean, come on! Their artillery is "Hoo boy! Those Cunard people like to dress up and have proper manners! Loosers! (sic) And they must each be at least 85 years old, because enjoying each others' company without being drunk or shirtless is for OLDE FARTS! Yowza! Am I funny or what!?".

And then, when they insult a baby, well, looks to me as if they're just flat out of bullets and witty repartee, to boot.

Nothing has pleased me more than to have someone come over here and whip out a few insults and watch them be ignored. We could discuss the psychology of this, but I'd rather talk about how CUTE Itty is, or what kind of secret stuff Greg/HM was doing out there in the lonely desert, and if MALCOLM has started PACKING yet--the boy leaves in less than 2 weeks and will be away 4 months! I think I'd at least be assembling a few piles of necessities.

Peace and love. <3

You have a talking cat, too??? Mine went to the Big Litter Box in The Sky a few years back.

Sir Martin,

Greg can help you. Ask him for instructions on how to get to this litter box. I'm sure you would love it. Just think of the views.

If I can do anything to assist you in this quest, please let me know. I think I hear Malcolm offering assistance also.

David

Yeah... that was it... Sadly, what I meant to be pleasant has gone rather awry.

But what an introduction:) You've got everyone talking. I mean why gang up on the passengers in steerage when you all can turn on Carnival for a change?:D

I really don't understand the entire thing. I love Carnival. I've had wonderful experiences on Carnival. Cunard is quite different.

There is the answer - The lines are quite different.

The market is different, the product is different but people are people. Regardless of country of origin or social/economic status we're all built of the same stuff.

We might all be made of the same stuff but we've been brought up with vastly different horizons. The lines cater for two vastly differing clientèle. If you want to go on a ship for a non-stop fun-filled party then you don't go on Cunard. Who would you recommend not to go on Carnival?

You have a talking cat, too?

Don't be daft:p We've got about six (not to mention the ghost of a talking cat)! We've also got an orange one that insists on posting in about three different names. Actually that's the one that is now a ghost - be very careful it will still try and trick the unwary:(

We might all be made of the same stuff but we've been brought up with vastly different horizons.

So very true. Our cultures are quite different but we share a common heritage. I'm guessing it's much like the difference between Formula 1 and NASCAR. Both are racing but worlds apart.

The lines cater for two vastly differing clientèle. If you want to go on a ship for a non-stop fun-filled party then you don't go on Cunard. Who would you recommend not to go on Carnival?

The Pope? In all seriousness, I've had wonderfully quiet times on board Carnival ships providing a chance for reflection and merely loving being at sea. For my money, a sailing is what the person makes of it. The environment is a big plus but the foundation is attitude.

By the way, despite the ride starting out a bit rocky I really am happy to be here with you folks. I hope the future is a bit less, shall we say, interesting?

;)

Sir Martin,

Greg can help you. Ask him for instructions on how to get to this litter box. I'm sure you would love it. Just think of the views.

If I can do anything to assist you in this quest, please let me know. I think I hear Malcolm offering assistance also.

David

Dear Dak, I've followed your recommendations before, and nearly get electrocuted. I do not intend to repeat the mistake.

Oh, and welcome new host person by the way; don't worry, they're all barking. And the barkingest (is this a word BTW?) one is currently on 'gardening leave' with 'avian flu'. God help you when he gets back. As a cat lover, perhaps you could save yourself a lot of trouble and ban the lot of them now.

Sir Martin, a wellwisher

Let's call a cat a cat. Interesting is good--controversial gets tedious.

And you're turning out to be good.

So far

M-L

Let's reserve judgment on that until you fine folks discover my quirks... ;)

Do you have a talking cat, as well??

Seriously, thank you for the kind words. I'm just trying to do my job and learn a little in the process.

Let's reserve judgment on that until you fine folks discover my quirks... ;)

Do you have a talking cat, as well??

Seriously, thank you for the kind words. I'm just trying to do my job and learn a little in the process.

You will have noticed, I'm sure, the two small words following my assessment... You're still on probation. :p

After many years of sharing my life with a variety of live felines, I developed a severe allergy to their ilk. Or is that their dander? I currently strictly restrict (try saying that fast oh about five hundred times) my contacts to a stuffed one called Bill. He keeps hiding. And utters things like "Aack". Sounds familiar?

M-L

PS. Are you really called "Greg", or is it "Nick"? Do remember that it's not nice to fool Mother Nature, let alone

MomDePlume

You will have noticed, I'm sure, the two small words following my assessment... You're still on probation. :p

After many years of sharing my life with a variety of live felines, I developed a severe allergy to their ilk. Or is that their dander? I currently strictly restrict (try saying that fast oh about five hundred times) my contacts to a stuffed one called Bill. He keeps hiding. And utters things like "Aack". Sounds familiar?

M-L

PS. Are you really called "Greg", or is it "Nick"? Do remember that it's not nice to fool Mother Nature, let alone

MomDePlume

Bill the Cat... quite the character... pun intended...

Probationary status understood... just let me know when, if ever, I make it off.

Nick... humm... I have no clue where that sadly misguided individual got that one. It's Greg, or Hey You. I answer equally well to both.

Hi Everyone !

I had planned to welcome Host Mach to our board personally, but due to my Dad having emergency surgery, I havent been around much over the past few days. Thankfully, the surgery went well, and we hope all will be fine !

I am thrilled to have Host Mach join us. I feel he will be a great asset to both Cruise Critic, and the Cunard Board. As I am moderating several boards right now, it will be great to have Host Mach be an important part of the Cunard Board.

Again, all the best Greg, and I look forward to working with you !

Hi Everyone !

I had planned to welcome Host Mach to our board personally, but due to my Dad having emergency surgery, I havent been around much over the past few days. Thankfully, the surgery went well, and we hope all will be fine !

I am thrilled to have Host Mach join us. I feel he will be a great asset to both Cruise Critic, and the Cunard Board. As I am moderating several boards right now, it will be great to have Host Mach be an important part of the Cunard Board.

Again, all the best Greg, and I look forward to working with you !

Dear Andy--you must remember how fond we are of welcoming new hosts and moderators...

All the best to you and your family--let us know how it goes!

M-L

Archived