"Crowning" the Star and the Grand.

TorontoTL

According to CC news Princess is supposed to be adding features of the Crown and Emerald Princess like Vines, International Cafe and the Sanctuary to the Grand and Star. I'd only heard of the Caribbean Princess receiving this upgrade, has anyone else read this anywhere else?

According to CC news Princess is supposed to be adding features of the Crown and Emerald Princess like Vines, International Cafe and the Sanctuary to the Grand and Star. I'd only heard of the Caribbean Princess receiving this upgrade, has anyone else read this anywhere else?

We were recently on the Star and spoke to the First Purser, Administration who told us the the Star is due for an extended dry dock next year for her "Gem Class" upgrade. ;)

She's got a 19 day "gap" in her schedule from 9/22-10/10/08, so I'm guessing that's when it'll happen.

Well that will be great as I am on the 10/21/08 Star R/T out of S.F. to the Mexican Riviera. So will have to check that out to see the new "stuff". The Star's last cruise is Sept. 14 in Seattle. That is a 7 day and then she starts the Mex. Riv route on Oct. 11 from S.F. So I am wondering where the dry dock is; Seattle or San Francisco. Now that is interesting.

Marilyn

Well that will be great as I am on the 10/21/08 Star R/T out of S.F. to the Mexican Riviera. So will have to check that out to see the new "stuff". The Star's last cruise is Sept. 14 in Seattle. That is a 7 day and then she starts the Mex. Riv route on Oct. 11 from S.F. So I am wondering where the dry dock is; Seattle or San Francisco. Now that is interesting.

Most likely the dry dock will be in San Francisco, which recently upgraded their facilities to be able to take a ship of this size.

Most likely the dry dock will be in San Francisco, which recently upgraded their facilities to be able to take a ship of this size.
And I believe Princess has signed an agreement with the Port of San Francisco to do their dry docking there.

Hopefully they won't get any bright ideas to add MUTS to Star Princess...

I am quite glad to hear confirmation of this. The features on the Crown and Emerald really do add to the Grand Class ships and offer more options for passengers. It also helps to spread passengers out on the ships even more. It will make a difference on the Caribbean Princess especially and can't hurt for the original Grand Class sisters. I wonder if Princess plans to do this for all of the Grand Class ships? I really doubt that MUTS will be added to anymore ships as a retrofit, it wasn't all that successfully done compared with when it is done on a new build.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived