Possible Bed bugs on Ecstasy! Dec 10-15, 07

ttownhawk

Dearest rn2go2;

I wish to thank you for the alert to Carnival. It ended up my having the cleanest room I've ever had, cruise and hotel. You did a great service to everyone by notifiying Carnival and the general cruising bunch. Making us all aware of how the bedbugs:eek: behave and where they hide. I believe all people should take precautions while sharing a bed with who knows who before. I do. Thank you for your kind understanding. I won't be cruising again. Next; Rafting In The Grand Cayon........People: don't wait to the last minute to live your dreams,you might find you don't have enough time. Karen at witsend.... I am 45

So glad to hear everything was cleaned up in E191, and that you enjoyed your trip.

I am supposed to receive a call from Carnival tomorrow after they have gathered all the information from the ship along with our doctors statements and photos. I will try to post what is found out if legalities permit. I am still having to use a borrowed computer due to our ice damage, but I will get back to you all asap. Everybody try to be nice.

Between sand fleas, mosquitos and ants alone, the Caribbean and Central and South America would be disasterous places for someone with diabetes or going through chemo. And I can't imagine that someone going through chemo would be wise using any kind of pesticide on their skin...that in itself seems extremely dangerous to me.

This person obvousily has no imagine, of course ill people are going to take risks, like everyone does everyday. Are we that are ill or dying, to confine ourselves and brood, let our thoughts carry us to our fate sooner. What better way to spend time than having fun, cruising, dancing, laughing. Some who "can't imagine" will die unhappier, and with more regrets than I. YES, I WILL TAKE THE RISKS. witsend46

:rolleyes: you missed my point :rolleyes: My point is that if a person is ill and worrying about bed bugs then they shouldn't be cruising to places where bed bugs would be the least of their problems.

As for using pesticide...I try to avoid it and I'm healthy. I wouldn't EVER put it on my skin if I was sick.

THIS was my whole post. It would have been nice had you quoted the entire thing.

But in all reality, if you have something serious that makes even a bug bite a real problem, then traveling to hot climates would be dangerous in itself, no?? Between sand fleas, mosquitos and ants alone, the Caribbean and Central and South America would be disasterous places for someone with diabetes or going through chemo. And I can't imagine that someone going through chemo would be wise using any kind of pesticide on their skin...that in itself seems extremely dangerous to me.

After reading your description and searching the internet for a couple of hours, I do not think what you experienced was bed bugs.

I am not sure what it was and whatever it was needs to be taken care of, but I do not believe it was a bed bug problem.

A couple of good sites to read.

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/bedbugs/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedbugsting

I would also like to know what criteria the infirmary staff used to make the identification.

I have often came home with red itchy spots after visiting different ports on a cruise ship.

I think my biggest questions come from the large number of bugs you actually pulled off your body even after getting off the ship.

Keep us updated on the outcome.

Did you not hear him say he was an exterminator and also has letter from infirmary... HELLO.

Already done. Wonderful invention the digital camera. Father in law doesn't want us to photograph his groin though, but who could blame him.

:mad: What a shame. The bugs may be dangerous.It is disgusting.What a lousy company in every meaning of the word .I think it is the lowest of the low.that is C.C. tery/ be

Great....:eek:

I'm wondering about all the ships that leave from NY...people spending pre cruise nights in hotels and all that. I imagine it doesn't take much to pick one of the little creatures up and bring it with you on vacation. :(

• 2 weeks later...
Unfortunately, these little critters have made a come back. With all the global travel from countries who never eradicated them, they are simply hitching a ride.

Sleeptight is a natural product that is being used in warehouses in New York and New Jersey. Thank goodness it does not pollute the ground water or hurt the environment.

I guess folks are going to have to start carrying a travel size. We will just have to add it to the list of things not to leave home without....like duct tape! :eek:

Can this product be purchaed retail?

Archived