Wine on Board

jaymcc

Hi

Going on Liberty on 29th Dec, was looking at the pre-purchase packs for wine but added up the numbers and the average price of a bottle included in the platinum pack is higher than buying the bottle outright... however that's not my question.

If i want to get a bottle of wine and go back to my cabin for a quite drink on the balcony:

- Can i just buy a bottle and take it back to my room?

- If so where from?

- Is there wine glasses in the room?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. Also if anyone did buy the platinum pack did you get your money's worth?

Thanks

Jay

You can pre-order a bottle to be waiting in your cabin when you arrive. It will be in an ice bucket and have 2 glasses.....OR if you order a bottle of wine at dinner and don't finish it; you have the option of having them save it for you for the next night, or you can take it and 2 glasses back to your room with you.

I ordered the 5 bottle Diamond package. Not much selection. For example, all 3 packages listed only the same 2 Cabs: Beringer and another comparable I can't recall. Not bad, and it IS less expensive that way, but next time I will order by the bottle from the much more expansive wine list. We pre-ordered wine and cheese platter so it would be there for sailaway and were pleased. But pack a corkscrew. Our room attendant had to run all over the place trying to find one.

Hello!

Royal Caribbean's policy is that guests are not allowed to bring wine, beer, or any other kind of alcohol on board. I do know people who have done it and got through the screening process okay. However, if they find it... they will hold it for you until the END of the cruise :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, the only alcohol they do sell on the ship is held for you until the END of the cruise also.

So... if you want wine... you will have to order from the ship. :eek:

If i want to get a bottle of wine and go back to my cabin for a quite drink on the balcony:

- Can i just buy a bottle and take it back to my room?

- If so where from?

- Is there wine glasses in the room?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. Also if anyone did buy the platinum pack did you get your money's worth?

Thanks

Jay

To answer your questions in order:

- yes

- from any bar that sells wine by the bottle (and check out Vintages wine bar, which I think has one of the best selections on the ship). You should also be able to order from room service off the full wine list (see it in the link in my signature), but we've found it faster to go to a bar and get the wine.

- no, but room service will deliver them

As for the wine package, the only way you get your money's worth is if you order the most expensive bottles on the list. I don't like the selection of reds on the wine lists, so I just order as I go.

Better purchase options are available depending on your C & A status.

I forget what the discount is for Platinum, but if you are Diamond, there will be a coupon in your book for 20% off a second bottle of wine. (has to cost under $50 to use the discount).

Order two at once; get 20% off the second one. (better and more certain deal than the packages)

Archived