So what will Genesis One & Two be named?

With the announcement being made very very soon as to what the first two Genesis Class ships will be named...how about we suggest some names ourselves and see if one of our CC members gets it right ?

Ok I will start us off with a few of the ones I thought of...lets see how many we can think of.

1. Oasis of the Seas

2. Star of the Seas

3. Beholder of the Seas

4. Queen of the Seas

5. Justice of the Seas

6. Gateway of the Seas

So what are your suggestions ?

Royal Caribbean will stay true with its naming:

So the first one is Genesis of the Seas (Genesis Class)

The second one will be named Creation of the Seas (to continue the tradition of related names).

Freedom, Liberty, Independence

Genesis, Creation

Yep, the name is Creation of the Seas.

The second one will be named Creation of the Seas (to continue the tradition of related names).

Genesis, Creation

Haven't the other classes started with a project name (such as Genesis) that were different than the eventual name of the first ship?

The second one will be named Creation of the Seas (to continue the tradition of related names)..

How about

Genesis of the Seas

and

Revelations of the Seas?

well, there are a few ways we could go with this thread.

Really? Genesis of the Seas, Creation of the Seas, Renaissance of the Seas

Not really? I like the way allison thinks: Genesis of the Seas, Exodus of the Seas, Leviticus of the Seas( so they can build two more if they want to), Numbers of the Seas and Deuteronomy of the Seas.

Not really? Mammoth of the Seas, Leviathan of the Seas, Gargantua of the Seas

Not really? Minuscule of the Seas, Nano of the Seas, Dwarf of the Seas

Not really? You-Must-Be-Kidding of the Seas, Not-Another-Monster of the Seas, What-The-F-of the Seas

Thats what I thought also..wasnt the Freedom thought to be called Endeavor of the Seas ? :confused:

I am not sure.

But that could only happen if the Genesis is a simple project name. As far as my info goes it is the Class name.

Unless they turn around and surprise us all. My info stems from September. In September it was considered the Genesis Class with the Genesis and the Creation.

Eventhough Wikipedia says that neither will be named Genesis of the Seas I'd say if the Class is really called Genesis Class RCI will stay with its naming philosophy. But then again, they may just say that Genesis is just the project name.

I guess in May we all will know.

:D

Of course, Carnival and RCI have not been too shy about borrowing names from each other in the past, so I could see something like a Conquest, Victory, etc. type series.

Or, they could go with names like Pinnacle, Summit, Zenith, Climax (well . . . maybe not Climax of the Seas :o)

Of course, Carnival and RCI have not been to shy about borrowing names from each other in the past, so I could see something like a Conquest, Victory, etc. type series.

Or, they could go with names like Pinnacle, Summit, Zenith, Climax (well . . . maybe not Climax of the Seas :o)

ahahahahahahaha...thats to funny.

Genesis, Creation

Genesis of the Seas

Exodus of the Seas

How about

Genesis of the Seas

and

Revelations of the Seas?

Royal Caribbean already announced that NEITHER ship will carry the name Genesis of the Seas. Just like the Voyager class was Project Eagle, and Freedom class was Project Ulyra-Voyager, Genesis is merely Project Genesis, and neither ship will carry that name.

Well, RCCL doesn't always give the first ship in the class the same name as the class itself. Voyager class is actually the Eagle class. The Freedom class is actually the Ultra-Voyager class. The Vision class is named after the LAST ship to be made in the class not the first.

So you're just as likely to see Beginning of the Seas and End of the Seas.

Now they do tend to repeat names other lines have used so how about Dawn of the Seas and Crown of the Seas. Since Dawn is actually a synonym for genesis it might be a good choice (although it would be extremely confusing with all the other Dawn's out there).

Well, RCCL doesn't always give the first ship in the class the same name as the class itself. Voyager class is actually the Eagle class. The Freedom class is actually the Ultra-Voyager class. The Vision class is named after the LAST ship to be made in the class not the first.

So you're just as likely to see Beginning of the Seas and End of the Seas.

Now they do tend to repeat names other lines have used so how about Dawn of the Seas and Crown of the Seas. Since Dawn is actually a synonym for genesis it might be a good choice (although it would be extremely confusing with all the other Dawn's out there).

I like Dawn of the Seas. Could be also a female name. Goes well with MG's suggestion of Climax of the Seas. :D

Seriously, I like Dawn of the Seas.

Seriously, I like Dawn of the Seas.

Well, let's see since they tend to use a theme to name ships in a class, and you like my suggestion of Dawn of the Seas, how about Dawn of the Seas, Joy of the Seas, and Cascade of the Seas.:p

Dawn of the seas just doesn't make sense to me. All their other names flow. You can have a Vision of the Seas. You can have Freedom of the Seas. You can explore the seas. You can take a voyage of the seas. You can be a monarch of the seas. You get my drift. But you can't be a dawn of the seas. It just doesn't flow. Crown of the Seas. That makes much more sense.

I say, since they are getting rid of Empress, they should bring that name back with the new and improved, larger, Empress class.

Dawn of the seas just doesn't make sense to me. All their other names flow. You can have a Vision of the Seas. You can have Freedom of the Seas. You can explore the seas. You can take a voyage of the seas. You can be a monarch of the seas. You get my drift. But you can't be a dawn of the seas. It just doesn't flow. Crown of the Seas. That makes much more sense.

I say, since they are getting rid of Empress, they should bring that name back with the new and improved, larger, Empress class.

Hey did you get my email???

Archived