Cruise History is finally fixed!!!

i-m-ed

I am afraid to say that I find this whole situation with regards to RCCL's web access as just plain shocking. For a large blue chip corporation it is unacceptable. In this day and age there is no reasonable excuse for the delay in fixing the issues, I am fast approaching D+ but the website still shows me as Platinum, I have over 10 cruise credits missing and my overall impression of this aspect of RCCL is very poor.

I am not a general moaner and I love cruising with RCCL but this situation makes the cruise line look very inept and amatureish I am afraid.

Come on RCCL, no more excuses, just sort it.

Our Credits and Cruise History have been wrong for a long time on the website but C&A assures me it's "correct" in their system. I'd like to "see" what they see but guess that's not going to happen.

I recently emailed C&A and received a reply assuring me our cruise history and credits were correct in their system even though they are not displayed correctly on the website. The part that was really reassuring was they took the time to detail my cruise history (and credits) in their response.

I recently emailed C&A and received a reply assuring me our cruise history and credits were correct in their system even though they are not displayed correctly on the website. The part that was really reassuring was they took the time to detail my cruise history (and credits) in their response.

I recently emailed C & A and received a reply assuring me that my cruise history is wrong on both the web site AND their system. The 1st response said there was a duplicate record created for my last cruise instead of it being added to my existing record. They went on to say that it's not really a problem since the missing cruise doesn't change my membership tier and that I should give my C & A number when making a reservation so this type of problem doesn't happen in the future. When I responded that (a) it actually does affect my membership tier by making me platinum which I would like to have correct before my upcoming April cruise and (b) they had my correct C & A number on this reservation (how else could my SeaPass have shown Gold Member?), the 2nd response advised that they could not manually fix this problem at this time but I should contact them 30 days prior to my next cruise to have it manually fixed.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for these problems. My friends, who were on the same cruise, had their accounts correctly updated a few days after we returned home. It seems that RCI really needs some serious tech help. I have to agree with eddy67 who said "this situation makes the cruise line look very inept and amatureish".

I contacted RCI C&A web support on 12/14 regarding our reservation not appearing. This is the response I received 10 days later:

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, It is very difficult to satisfactorily diagnose and correct internet-related issues via email. For assistance, please contact our Web Help Desk at 1-800-398-9819. We sincerely apologize for your inconvenience.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International.

I find this really amazing. First ten days? I already talked to an agent. Second they have my name, the reservation number and the ship/sail dates. I guess the egg nog is flowing freely at RCI HQ today. :)

Mike

Unless you book online, you have to enter your reservations into the system manually. Click on where it says "don't see your reservation?" and proceed from there.

Could not do it that way Jean. I could have handled that. They had other issues.

Mike

Archived