No Charge For Specialty Dining - Passengers and TA's were heard!!

Jancruz

Effective for all Azamara Cruises sailings going forward, beginning with

the JR 12/22 and QS 12/23 sailings, the following will occur:

Suite Guests will receive 3 evenings of complimentary specialty dining

reservations.

All other stateroom categories will receive 2 evenings of complimentary

specialty dining reservations.

Additional evenings will also be complimentary and be accommodated based on

availability and handled by each specialty restaurant Maitre d'

All surcharges for the premium cuts in Prime C and the Wine Pairing Menu

Offering in Aqualina will remain in place.

On board communication will now be recommending a $5 per person gratuity (for each evening of dining) for service personnel in these venues.

As is currently done, reservations will be handled onboard and reservation times are based on availability.

I am very impressed with Azamara's sensitivity to passengers and TA's..I think we are seeing a deluxe cruise line being born!!

-------------------------------

Jan

Just received this info:

Effective for all Azamara Cruises sailings going forward, beginning with the JR 12/22 and QS 12/23 sailings, the following will occur:

• Suite Guests will receive 3 evenings of complimentary specialty dining reservations
  • All other stateroom categories will receive 2 evenings of complimentary specialty dining reservations
  • Additional evenings will also be complimentary and be accommodated based on availability and handled by each specialty restaurant Maitre d'
  • All surcharges for the premium cuts in Prime C and the Wine Pairing Menu Offering in Aqualina will remain in place
  • On board communication will now be recommending a $5 per person gratuity (for each evening of dining) for service personnel in these venues
  • As is currently done, reservations will be handled on board and reservation times are based on availability

Hi Jan & Linda !

I feel this is a significant, and wonderful move by Azamara. As most of you know I (and Jan) have been VERY vocal about this since Azamara's debut. This should take a tremendous amount of pressure off of the Discoveries Dining Room, and will make for much improved Dining experience for Azamara passengers overall.

It is great to see that Azamara is listening to us. I would like to thank Azamara Management for making the right decision !

Happy Holidays !

Hi Andy,

We too are very glad to hear this, while we enjoyed the Discoveries as well, it will be great to have more opportunity to go to the specialty restaurants.

WELL DONE AZAMARA!!!

Now....when shall we return that's the new question....soon I hope.

Jancruz1

Spooky! Only two days ago on the thread you introduced re 'Positive thoughts...etc.' did I suggest (as others have before me including Andy) that Azamara increase the complimentary dining reservations in the specialty restaurants. We're also delighted that Azamara have taken note and look forward to having the benefit on the Quest in next June. We now look forward to further improvements as time goes by.

Rita

It makes sense that with the initial seven day Journey cruises to Bermuda that they offer one night in a specialty restaurant, but once they finished with the short cruises and they move into longer itineraries that the policy change. I was able to make that comment to the senior on-board staff when they came to our CC get together.

The night we went to Aqualina the tables were less than half full. We dined with folks in the main dining room late in the cruise and they were told they couldn't get a reservation, but another couple just walked in and were able to get a table. Rather strange and confusing.

It's worth $5 just for the chocolate desserts.:D :D

Bodger

Jancruz1

Spooky! Only two days ago on the thread you introduced re 'Positive thoughts...etc.' did I suggest (as others have before me including Andy) that Azamara increase the complimentary dining reservations in the specialty restaurants. We're also delighted that Azamara have taken note and look forward to having the benefit on the Quest in next June. We now look forward to further improvements as time goes by.

Rita

It is spooky Rita, we should all continue on with the positive thoughts and hope they really are listening..it certainly cant hurt..in addtion to the positive thoughts..someone should start a wish list!!

Jan

I've been in agreement with you, Andy & Jan.

This is the biggest problem area, in my opinion, on Azamara.

I highlighted the problem with Discoveries on the survey form and suggested a lower cost that would attract more people to the alternate restaurants which in turn would create a much better Discoveries experience.

It is indeed a great pleasure to see Azamara Management listening to their customers and acting in response!!

Hey folks, you gotta love that!!!!!

We liked our Quest trip very much last month. Not perfect but very nice.

We Thank You Azamara.

Alan & Regina

I highlighted the problem with Discoveries on the survey form and suggested a lower cost that would attract more people to the alternate restaurants which in turn would create a much better Discoveries experience.

Well done! It is nice to see that they are responding to feedback!:)

Well done! It is nice to see that they are responding to feedback!:)

Hi Susan !

Totally agreed with your comment. I am thrilled to see that Azamara is listening to us, and making the necessary adjustments. This one item will resolve a major concern of mine, and will make for a much improved product.

Unfortunately, unless something changes with Azamara's itineraries, or I can somehow manage to sail on Quest in early 2008, I probably wont be sailing on Azamara again for a couple of years. As most of you know, I do not Cruise overseas.... not that I do not want to, but with Family and Work matters, it's just not in the cards. For now, it must remain a dream of mine. Hopefully, it will happen within the next few years.

While I understand that Azamara was created for very exotic itineraries, I hope that 1 of their ships will spend some time in the US (Bermuda and Caribbean) in 2009 or 2010. I am confident we will be hearing about some new Azamara ships very soon. Hopefully, there will be an Azamara ship to fill the void. Time will tell.

Happy Holidays !

On board communication will now be recommending a $5 per person gratuity (for each evening of dining) for service personnel in these venues

I have a few questions for which it would be nice to get clarification.

Is it for every visit or just the visits over the nominal allotment?

Is it over and above the existing dining room gratuities?

Does one add it to their on-board charges or leave cash?

Inquiring minds want to know.:confused:

Bodger

Jan, you continue to be a source of good, solid, insightful and helpful information for all of us who love cruising. We've been on Oceania 2x and will be on Journey in April and this is great news. The more Azamara emulates Oceania the better as far as I'm concerned. Again, thanks so much for keeping us posted and for serving as an advocate for all cruisers.

Hi Andy,

Hope you get the chance to travel on them again soon!

Jan

Hi Jan !

I hope so too. My only chance for now, is in March '08 on Quest before she leaves for Europe. Right now, we are booked on Constellation. I very much want to go on Quest again, but other family members cannot go for 2 weeks. If they decide not to Cruise in March, then Quest may become an option again. At this point, it looks like it will be Constellation though.

Happy Holidays to you and your Family !

Very sensible decision, and a 10 dollar charge is also very sensible.

Really? Than I suppose you would also have no problem tipping $10 every time you eat in the regular dining room. Since Azamara uses an "auto tipping" formula why should the waiters in the alternative restaurants be treated differently than the hard working waiters in the regular restaurant? Do they not all get a similar split of the auto tips? Just a question.

Hank

Really? Than I suppose you would also have no problem tipping $10 every time you eat in the regular dining room. Since Azamara uses an "auto tipping" formula why should the waiters in the alternative restaurants be treated differently than the hard working waiters in the regular restaurant? Do they not all get a similar split of the auto tips? Just a question.

Hank

They work fewer tables, with fewer guests, so fewer possible tips. They have extra training, from what I've heard, to be able to recommend wines not in the pairings while also being able to call the sommelier for further information. They share tips with their bus personnel. And, if this is like a few other lines, uniforms are inspected before the diningroom opens versus the assistant maitre d's just correcting defiencies they see. And, most importantly to me, they don't wait until your mouth is full to ask how the dish is!!

Hank

I'm cool with it.

Hi Jan,

Just to let you know how much we enjoyed Su Casa

in Acapulco.

Shelly is warm and welcoming; the ambience was

just beautiful, and the view jaw-dropping spectacular.

But I don't want to forget to mention the food:

Absolutely delicious, with the best margharita

I've ever had.

The shrimp patron, mm mmm mmm! Ohhh, and

those ribs! Everything was spot on with

perfect service.

We stayed at the Camino Real Diamante on the

Club floor. Two other couples from Quest were

also there. A beautiful spot, and the room

was HUGE!!!

Laura

Hi Laura, I am so GLAD you liked Su Casa..did you tell Shelly I sent you?? She has been my best friend since 1970 when she lived in Woodland Hills, CA..and I was in Tarzana..we raised our kids together..I tell her all the time she looks the same..she must have this picture in a closet getting all the wrinkles..LOL

What is your next trip..Life is good.

Jan

While I understand that Azamara was created for very exotic itineraries, I hope that 1 of their ships will spend some time in the US (Bermuda and Caribbean) in 2009 or 2010.

There are so many ships on the East Coast of the US, especially out of Florida. I hope that Azamara will base a ship on the West Coast of the US.

There are so many ships on the East Coast of the US, especially out of Florida. I hope that Azamara will base a ship on the West Coast of the US.

Hi Gillianrose !

True, there are many ships here. But not an Azamara ship. That was my point. The odds are, if Europe/Asia sells well, they probably arent putting a ship in the USA for a while. If Azamara orders more ships, 1 may eventually get to the west coast. Only time will tell.

Hi Gillianrose !

True, there are many ships here. But not an Azamara ship. That was my point. The odds are, if Europe/Asia sells well, they probably arent putting a ship in the USA for a while. If Azamara orders more ships, 1 may eventually get to the west coast. Only time will tell.

Andy...just to add my 2 cents for what it's worth, in a chat with the very accessable Capt. of the Quest, he hinted that more ships of the size of the Quest were in the planning stages, and that even though he had been involved the planning and launching of several Celebrity mega ships (Including the Solstice) and launched the Journey's first months, his heart is with the smaller 700-900 passenger ships and feels the market for such ships is really going to catch on big. He feels they are so much more intimate and warm to passengers,and it's easier to interact with them.:D

They work fewer tables, with fewer guests, so fewer possible tips. They have extra training, from what I've heard, to be able to recommend wines not in the pairings while also being able to call the sommelier for further information. They share tips with their bus personnel. And, if this is like a few other lines, uniforms are inspected before the diningroom opens versus the assistant maitre d's just correcting defiencies they see. And, most importantly to me, they don't wait until your mouth is full to ask how the dish is!!

Sorry but they do do more "waiting", (to ME some of it silly) but they do, as my review stated, work ALL the restaurants, none are exclusively in the Specialty venues, even working Windows, so I think tips are spread evenly, why they need extra I'm not sure. :confused:

Archived