Doubletree Hotel in Seattle

relo854

If this is just for a bed and you are late arriving and sailing out the next day, it looks like a very nice hotel. BUT if you are arriving earlier, you may want to stay downtown, as mentioned above. You also can probably have a far bigger selection if you take a look on your own. Maybe some cost savings too.

I ride the bus from the airport area- packing light and walk to pier 66 for NCL, a cab has run me $35. There is also Thrifty that works out great if you are there a couple days.

The Double Tree is probably the premier hotel at the Seattle Airport. It hosts many conventions too. It used to be the Red Lion but changed hands, I understand, about ten years ago. We booked at the Red Lion a few months back not realizing this. Turns out the new Red Lion was not as sophisticated but a much better deal price wise and right across from the terminal. On our way to our next cruise in March I think we will do the Red Lion again. If you want to do downtown Seattle better stay there. But it has been my experience that the downtown hotels are much more expensive. To the point that when we were there for a few days with a rented a vehicle we stayed in the airport area.

I have stayed there often and really like it for its proximity to the airport. I usually book on priceline and it goes for between $45 and $85 dollars a night.

Assume you are talking Double Tree. Wish that were the case. After I posted I decided to make reservations. Red Lion, for March has increased about $45. since we stayed there in October and are now about $145. As far as the Double Tree, throw in another $45 to $50. I did use Priceline and others. However, there are other hotels, at SeaTac airport, that are still considerably cheaper (like about $85. which are pretty good, perhpas even better) that we have stayed at multiple times before.

Just FYI, if you can really get a $69 rate at the Doubletree and you aren't planning sightseeing, GO FOR IT! Downtown hotel rates, and not just the four stars range from 2 to 5 times that amount during cruise season. It's not unusual to pay from $2-300 per night downtown (and you wouldn't want to stay in the motor inns that are $100 or less).

Booked La Quinta March 9, one night, for $71.00.

As previously mentioned we just stayed at the Red Lion about 8 weeks ago. They want more than twice what La Quinta does now. Double Tree is almost three times La Quinta. I have stayed at them all, multiple times over the years. The rates at Red Lion and Double Tree are an insult when compared to other, (almost or better) facilities near the airport. Just take a look at the many opinions travelers have taken time to express on Travel Advisor. Hardly anybody liked Red Lion although I say it was mediocre. But they mostly had pretty nice comments about La Quinta.

Good Luck, K.

• 3 weeks later...

The Inn at Harbor Steps is not actually a hotel, per se. It is a high rise apartment complex that happens to have some short term stay rooms that they rent out like a hotel. I believe that they still do a full breakfast for their lodgers on the weekend, as well. It is just up the street (a few short blocks) from Pike Place Market, and an easy walk to Pier 66 if you are leaving on NCL or X, and right across the street from the Seattle Art Museum.

We stayed their last May for our pre-cruise hotel if this is the one at the airport. It was clean, comfortable and friendly staff. What I didn't like was in the morning for the shuttle they provide back to the airport. It fills up with Delta employees first. We stood outside for about 15 minutes before the shuttle arrived. 5 minutes before the shuttle arrived the doors opened and out walked about 20 Delta employees (Flight Attend, and Pilots). Then when the shuttle arrived they took the shuttle over and the shuttle driver only took them first and their luggage, then we were allowed to get on. We always allow alittle over 2 hours to check in etc and thank-goodness we did. The shuttle driver also positioned the Delta employess bags carefully and when we arrived at the airport their luggage was taken off first. Quite cleaver I thought. For this reason I would not stay their again. If I did stay there again I would allow more time just in case I had to wait for the next shuttle.

Shelly

We stayed their last May for our pre-cruise hotel if this is the one at the airport. It was clean, comfortable and friendly staff. wait for the next shuttle.

Shelly

Did I miss something here? Where is "their". I'm not certain which one of the hotels you are talking about.

Archived