Bottled water in the cabins

ref9

Does Princess supply and replenish bottled water in your room? Is there a charge for it? Heading out in 2 weeks on the CP, can't wait.

Thanks

Ref9,

The charge for a large bottle of water in your cabin is $3.50. We used this service a few times--its convenient. The price for bottled water on a couple of the islands was $2.50 and that was for a small bottle.

Ref9,

The charge for a large bottle of water in your cabin is $3.50. We used this service a few times--its convenient. The price for bottled water on a couple of the islands was $2.50 and that was for a small bottle.

There is also a 15% gratuity added to bottled water.

we always bring refillable plastic water bottles onboard and fill them up in the Horizon court and store in our fridge for when needed

The horizon court water is the same as you get out nof your bathroom tap!!

Ron

And check your bill the night prior to disembarking...we were charged for the bottle water we never got in our cabin.

There was a service/gratuity added to our bill for the water too.

You can often pick up a couple of large bottles of water at the port for less than the ship charges.

we always bring refillable plastic water bottles onboard and fill them up in the Horizon court and store in our fridge for when needed

I have watched passengers fill up everything from a half gallon empty bottle of Jim Beam to large plastic containers at the Horizon Court in the past and take them back to their stateroom. I am sorry, but I always have to laugh when I see it, mainly as it seems that some thing the water is more pure, or better at the HC then anywhere else. The water is exactly the same in your cabin as it is in the HC.

I have watched passengers fill up everything from a half gallon empty bottle of Jim Beam to large plastic containers at the Horizon Court in the past and take them back to their stateroom. I am sorry, but I always have to laugh when I see it, mainly as it seems that some thing the water is more pure, or better at the HC then anywhere else. The water is exactly the same in your cabin as it is in the HC.

you are probably right, but I can't fill my bottle up in the only place in my room that I would get water, the bathroom sink tap, because sink is too shallow. I guess I could fill it from shower head -- I don't thinks so, and lets not even think about the other water source in room :eek:

Usually in Horizon Court I fill with ice and cold water. Never assume.

We pay for the first bottle of water, and then just refill it from the sink faucet. Because the sink is shallow, it's a little awkward, but it works. The steward refills the ice bucket twice a day, so we can always have ice water to drink in the cabin.

We try to bring onboard at least one small bottle of water to refill and keep cold in the fridge so we can take our pills first thing in the morning and not try the melted ice in the ice bucket.

I really appreciate Celebrity's pitcher of ice water always in your cabin for free.

It may be two different water systems but in either case the water is OK for drinking. Since people drink water in the bathroom and brush teeth with it, I think that you would hear about people becoming ill if the water was not potable. Tastes great to me and we refill our water bottles from the sink also.:)

I was told that the water from the bathroom is different from the buffet and dining water. Two different systems. I would never drink from the bathroom tap. Always bring my own bottled on board.

Not sure where you received that information, but I think someone didn't know what they were talking about.

Case in point: Sea Princess used to supply coffee and tea making facilities in the mini suites and suites when she sailed for P&O, we were on one of her first sailings when she returned to Princess. The hot pots were still there and we enjoyed making our own morning coffee without having to call room service (and it was much better, I might add then what room service delivered). No bottled water was provided.

If the water from the bathroom sink wasn't good, they would never have allowed this.

I can remember back on our first Princess cruise where the water from the bathroom was not fit to drink and cabin stewards brought a large insulated pitcher and placed it on the bathroom counter for consumption. Those days are long past and they don't have to do that any longer.

So, no worrys about drinking the water in your cabin, it is as good as you will get anywhere onboard.

"Not sure where you received that information, but I think someone didn't know what they were talking about."

I've noticed a lot of that here, total opposite answers to the same question. It's really rather amusing at times. That and 17 people answering the same question over and over the same way. After the first two or three I think they get it.

Don't the water/ice machines in Horizon Court filter the water?

Remember that reusing disposable plastic water bottles (like Zephyrhills, Dasani, etc) is not a good idea. Bacteria gets trapped in the narrow neck of the bottle and it's nearly impossible to clean it well. We bought some wide mouth reusable bottles at WalMart this past summer that are great. The mouth is wide enough that you can really clean it well.

oh you have me laughing just picturing it :eek:

Somebody did a spot on YouTube showing just that... unrolling about 15 feet of T.P., dropping the end into the ole' vacuum throne, and pressing the button. The whole danged strip of paper disappeared inside of a second.

Don't watch this while eating or drinking:

No way anyones going to get water OUT of THAT source.

I drink bottled water only at home as our local water is yucky. On our first cruise I took bottled water with me on board. To my surprise, the water onboard the Grand Princess was great, so on our 2nd cruise, on the Diamond Princess, I didn't bother to take the water. Less luggage and less hassle. LOL

Archived