Antours?

trish1c

I did a search to pull up all references to Antours in this forum. I found several mentions, all of which seem to be positive.

I have juse sent an e-mail to them to verify pricing and availability of a tour for a Jan. cruise. I will post (when I hear back) with any new info.

Antours answered my email request and I was able to book a tour today while still at 50% off. Pretty substantial savings on the emerald pool tour as well as others.

Hope you were able to get yours booked while discounted. Their sale is good till midnight 12-31-07.

I was able to book with them as well for our stop on Dominica, and got their 50% deal (if booked by 12/31/07). Their prices are very good for their tours and they answered all of my emails quickly. I think we made the right choice for this stop..

• 4 weeks later...

from a Dominica tour with Antours. I couldn't be more pleased with the service rendered. A rep was waiting with signs for us and upon greeting, we were ushered right into a waiting van for a private tour of this amazing island. Four hours later, we had seen Emerald pool, visited Mr. Nice, seen the Botanical Garden, and overlooked the harbor and town from the hilltop. All along, our guide explained His island to us. Very enjoyable!

from a Dominica tour with Antours. I couldn't be more pleased with the service rendered. A rep was waiting with signs for us and upon greeting, we were ushered right into a waiting van for a private tour of this amazing island. Four hours later, we had seen Emerald pool, visited Mr. Nice, seen the Botanical Garden, and overlooked the harbor and town from the hilltop. All along, our guide explained His island to us. Very enjoyable!

Thanks for this update! We are booked with them for a week from tomorrow - glad to hear you enjoyed their services.

I e-mailed Antours, from www.dominicacruisesite.com and got a promt reply. But in the e-mail was a webadress for another site, www.antours.dm The information on these webistes are not exactly the same (one site says they´ve been serving visitors for 15 years - the other says for 20 years...)

I was asked in the e-mail to provide my CC number - but the attached website says "Simply send us your booking by email providing details of your travel and the tour you wish to do. ( 4hr or 6 hr) Great advantage is you pay us cash on location." :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from the Celebrity Summit last week and used AnTours on Dominica. Could not have been more pleased with their services. Our guide, Chantal, was charming and very informative about the island (which is beautiful by the way).

• 2 weeks later...

I just received an email from them, and it sounds like they are now using Paypal instead of having you send your cc number. I think this is more secure.

I am now trying to clarify if the Paypal is a deposit and how much the deposit is.

Please keep the reviews coming. We are still trying to decide what we want to do - we have over a year to plan.;)

• 1 month later...

I have booked a tubing excursion with Antours, for December. I have had several email conversations with the reps and any questions that I have had have been answered promptly.

The website says that Antours accepts payment via Paypal, but when I try to use PP, I get a message that Dominica accounts can only send money, not receive it.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I have booked a tubing excursion with Antours, for December. I have had several email conversations with the reps and any questions that I have had have been answered promptly.

The website says that Antours accepts payment via Paypal, but when I try to use PP, I get a message that Dominica accounts can only send money, not receive it.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Antours submitted an invoice to Paypal and then I simply had to click on the pay now button. You should probably email the reps at Antours and ask them.

One thing that was really nice - even though Paypal used my linked charge cards, everything happened in American dollars and I did not have to pay any foreign transaction fees on the charge card.

I emailed Antours this morning and explained my problem. They had things corrected within the hour.

My bad, I had what I THOUGHT was the invoice when I had my trouble trying to pay. When I got the actual invoice, there was no confusing it...even for me. :o

Payment was with Paypal and it was efficient and painless. :D

I emailed Antours this morning and explained my problem. They had things corrected within the hour.

My bad, I had what I THOUGHT was the invoice when I had my trouble trying to pay. When I got the actual invoice, there was no confusing it...even for me. :o

Payment was with Paypal and it was efficient and painless. :D

Glad to hear you got it all taken care of.

My cruise is after your cruise, can you please post your experience here when you get back.

We just got back and had booked the Antour River tube excursion. Lots of fun, I am the one that flipped out of the tube and went down one set of rapids on my bum! Would I do it again? Yes there were about 9 more sets of rapids so I climbed back in and away I went, this time I noticed that the guide stayed right with me until the tubing was over. I was never in real danger and one of the guides jumped in and went down the set of rapids with me so he could make sure my head stayed above water. There was 6-8 guides who guide us down the river so you are never really alone. They really did take good care of us. After we all enjoyed a nice refresing rum punch and went on to a beach for about an hour. Got us back with no troubles. Antour gets my vote.

Bren

We just got back and had booked the Antour River tube excursion. Lots of fun, I am the one that flipped out of the tube and went down one set of rapids on my bum! Would I do it again? Yes there were about 9 more sets of rapids so I climbed back in and away I went, this time I noticed that the guide stayed right with me until the tubing was over. I was never in real danger and one of the guides jumped in and went down the set of rapids with me so he could make sure my head stayed above water. There was 6-8 guides who guide us down the river so you are never really alone. They really did take good care of us. After we all enjoyed a nice refresing rum punch and went on to a beach for about an hour. Got us back with no troubles. Antour gets my vote.

Bren

I'm glad you had a great time and thanks so much for posting. We are doing some hikes with them. I am really excited.

Bren

We just got back, we were on Galaxy and had a wonderful time. We also did the river tubing and can not say enough wonderful things about it. From start to finish it was everything we hoped for and more. This is a wonderful way to spend a day in Dominica! Thank you Antours!!

Laura

• 2 months later...

We have been in contact with them--Since we don t walk that great we have been trying to get them to combine Jaco Falls with the aeriel tram-They said they could do it-Now I m just waiting for them to tell us how much

We have time-We re not until January on the summit

I just posted a review on my cruise which included river tubing with Antours. I would do it again in a heart beat. I'll include the part about the tour in here.

Tuesday: Dominica, We had booked privately with Antours for river tubing. There were only 7 of us on the tour. It was amazing to say the least. We started out with a tour of the island with several stops along the way for pix. Our guide was Henry Ford and was a wealth of knowledge. We went to Emerald Falls, it was a short hike, but for those of you who are not sure, you go down down down to a beautiful set of falls then back up, up, up, up. (I’m a big person and coming back up was a little tough, didn’t kill me, but I felt it but certainly glad I did it). DH went in the water and said it wasn’t cold, it was refreshing. We stopped at Mr. Nice for some amazing fruit. We tried several different fruits and some real yummy coconut desert dish. We then went tubing, it was so much fun. They suited us up with helmets and life jackets and we had 6 young men to keep us moving and safe. The water was rough in several spots and I even got dumped in the rapids once. (dragged across some rocks and got several bruises, but it was sooooo much fun, I would do it again in a second). We had a break part way through tubing and went swimming in a deeper area. When we were done, we had some great papaya rum punch and headed back to the ship in plenty of time.

My family and I went on a cruise with Carnival Destiny in June 2008 and we were fortunate to have Andrea (with Antours) as our tour guide in Dominica. We will be forever grateful for the terrific, wonderful and educational experience we had with Andrea. She remains our favorite tour guide in all the islands we visited. Her passion, joy and pride for her country was infectious. The island of Dominica is beautiful by itself, but Andrea made our introduction to this island extra special. We are already talking about visiting Dominica again. I highly recommend Antours (http://www.antours.dm/home.htm), especially with Andrea as the tour guide. We received excellent service and it made our experience very memorable.

My family and I went on a cruise with Carnival Destiny in June 2008 and we were fortunate to have Andrea (with Antours) as our tour guide in Dominica. We will be forever grateful for the terrific, wonderful and educational experience we had with Andrea. She remains our favorite tour guide in all the islands we visited. Her passion, joy and pride for her country was infectious. The island of Dominica is beautiful by itself, but Andrea made our introduction to this island extra special. We are already talking about visiting Dominica again. I highly recommend Antours (http://www.antours.dm/home.htm), especially with Andrea as the tour guide. We received excellent service and it made our experience very memorable.

Hi! I hope you don't mind answering some questions for me.

Did you do a private tour or one of their group tours?

What did you go to see?

What was your favorite part of the tour.

I can't wait to visit Dominica, but March is still a long ways away.:(

• 2 weeks later...

Bren

I have a cruise coming up in April 09 and I am also interested in the River Tubing but my boyfriend thinks it's too dangerous for me because I am pretty prone to clumsiness and accidents. LOL

I saw it on Antours for only $55.

How did you end up flipping? Is it easy to flip? How can I avoid it?

I really want to do it! :)

• 1 month later...

Archived