Antours?

trish1c

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping to go to Mr. Nice's Fruit Stand too so hopefully we'll have enough people in our group. No matter what, we are really looking forward to the river tubing.:D

I was planning on water shoes but my teenage children do not think they are fashionable, so they will probably insist on flip flops!!!:cool:

One last question - did you bring any valuables with you (like cell phones, wallets, ect) and if so, did you feel comfortable leaving them in the van?

tevas or some sort of shoe like that are best. You will be banging against some large rocks and may have to get off of your tube from time to time. So, flip flops really aren't that great for this trip.

At Trafalgar falls, I stayed on the platform. My husband and daughter(14) went all the way down and climbed on the rocks. It is strenuous. They said the water temp. varies from cold to extremely hot. They took some very beautiful pictures.

As someone who did not think ahead last February and who was wearing a pair of sling type sandals, let me second the recommendation for some sort of shoes that will stay on. First of all, your feet are "gracefully" sticking out over the edge of the tube, so it's hard to keep the sandals/flip flops on. There's no place to safely secure them in the tube, so I did my best to wedge them into my life vest so they wouldn't float away. Wear whatever you want to get to the river, but make sure you have something that will stay on when you get there.

I think my plan was to leave them (my sandals) on the bus, but you need something on your feet to walk to the river and something on your feet to offset a rocky river bottom.

We originally had Antours booked for river tubing but it was cancelled due to rain. We only found out once at the pier (from Henry). Since Antours had cancelled we were able to hire him for a private tour which was great. Another couple joined us and it was a great tour.

Does Henry Ford not still work for Antours ? We had him 2 years ago and hoped to use him again next March.

We will be doing Antours in a few weeks and are also supposed to go to the Emerald Pool. Do you know many people needed to be booked in order to go there? What is the difference between Trafalgar Falls and the Emerald Pool? Also, did you wear water shoes or flip flops?

When we went we were the only 3 on the tours. Henry Ford took us to Emerald Pool, Mr Nice Fruit stand, a couple of other places and we had twice the time river tubing . It was fantastic. And believe me... we were very generous with the tips at the end. Especially to the young men who made sure I didn't swamp on the river, :p..

Dominica is a NOT TO MISS island.

PS. Crocs with the straps up make great tubing shoes.

• 4 weeks later...

I booked that tour at least a couple of weeks ago and paid $45 each for an adult! What gives?! Emerald Falls, Mr. Nice Fruit Stand, and River Tubing! Not that it really matters I suppose...I was willing to pay that price and budgeted for it...but GEEZ!

I'm excited about going...although a little on the anxious side...hoping the river is more like a 'lazy river' and not the 'rapids'!

6 days and we'll be in Dominca!!

:D

I booked that tour at least a couple of weeks ago and paid $45 each for an adult! What gives?! Emerald Falls, Mr. Nice Fruit Stand, and River Tubing! Not that it really matters I suppose...I was willing to pay that price and budgeted for it...but GEEZ!

I'm excited about going...although a little on the anxious side...hoping the river is more like a 'lazy river' and not the 'rapids'!

6 days and we'll be in Dominca!!

:D

We booked the 50% off deal for our February cruise. Usually my timing isn't good for most things, but this time my timing was just right. Although, I need to acknowledge beckaroous for the heads up...wouldn't have known otherwise.

Archived