Booking future cruises onboard

stellasue

Does HAL still offer the chance to book a future cruise with a reduced deposit while onboard? If so, can someone answer the following questions:

-If you book while onboard do you continue to deal directly with HAL re the cruise?

-Can the booking be transferred post-cruise to another cruise agent of your choice?

-Are the prices quoted at the time of onboard booking discounted the way an outside agency would grant a discount.

Essentially, can one secure a booking at a reduced deposit price while onboard and then "follow-up" at home with an agent of one's choice, preferably the agent with the lowest quoted price?

Does HAL still offer the chance to book a future cruise with a reduced deposit while onboard? If so, can someone answer the following questions:

-If you book while onboard do you continue to deal directly with HAL re the cruise?

-Can the booking be transferred post-cruise to another cruise agent of your choice?

Your choice. You can leave the booking with HAL or transfer it to TA of your choice. Be certain to specify because if you do not, the Cruise Consultant will send it, if no instructions to the contrary, to the TA you used for the cruise on which you were currently sailing.

[/b ][/color]

-Are the prices quoted at the time of onboard booking discounted the way an outside agency would grant a discount.

Essentially, can one secure a booking at a reduced deposit price while onboard and then "follow-up" at home with an agent of one's choice, preferably the agent with the lowest quoted price?

Yes, you can do exactly that. Book on board and transfer to TA of your choice at any time prior to final payment.

No matter the price you are quoted on the ship, if your TA gets a better one, that is the fare you will pay.

The best part, IMHO, is that you can just put down the deposit, without designating either a cruise or a TA. Then, when you get home, think about it at your leisure, shop around for prices, pick a cruise (and a TA if you like), and take it from there. HAL will transfer the deposit to the cruise and TA of your choice. You have, as I understand it, 4 years to decide. This is a GREAT deal! We just did exactly this, and it worked very smoothly.

Actually Pam, I asked about that recently onboard, and regardless the $100 is non-refundable. But, it doesn't normally make a big difference for me, since that $100 deposit can be used anytime in the next 4 years. Doesn't matter how many times I choose a cruise and change my mind (not that I've done it, but that's the theory anyways :D )

KK, what shipboard credit did you get from AMex Plat.? We were able to get a two cabin upgrade, or a two cabin reduction in price PP. Since we had the cabin we wanted, the reduction was very nice. Is there anything else we should be looking for?

The thing that bothered us, being Canadians, was the agent would not let us book in US. We always book our cruises through our TA in US. We booked anyway and are hoping Hal will adjust the prices before the end of four years. The difference right now is still too wide.

Thanks for all the advice. We're doing the 16 day South America in February and we have our eyes on the Sydney to Auckland for next Feb./Mar. I have no qualms about losing the deposit...we're great fans of HAL and barring the unforseen, intend to continue cruising with HAL.

Archived