What are you wearing tonight?

Jane110

Hey all,

I hope everyone is getting ready for a special way to ring in the New Year.

DH and I are going to a dinner party at the home of two of our closest friends in Brooklyn Heights. They hosted it last year and it's back "by popular demand". There will be 14 of us, elegantly (but not too formally dressed) and sipping lots of champagne, nibbling fab hors d'oeurves and then sitting down to an elegant dinner of filet mignon and a spectacular cabernet. After dinner, we'll walk to the promenade and watch the fireworks in Times Square from across the river.

I'm wearing a new black silk ribbed V-neck button down sweater. Around the collar and down the front and around the cuffs are three layers of a silky ribbon trim (also black). It's very feminine and pretty. With it, I'm going to wear a black velvet skirt and a pair of black patent leather high heeled boots. The hostess called me and said she was thinking of wearing a brown silk beaded dress and when I reminded her she wore that last year, she laughed and said she was glad I remembered, because she couldn't! LOL!!! She's now wearing black leather pants and a black beaded top.

So....where are you doing? What will you be wearing???

Whatever you do - whether you're staying in with Ben and Jerry, or painting the town red, I wish you all a

HAPPY, HEALTHY and WONDERFUL NEW YEAR!!!!

Same to you!!!!!! :D I will be joined by 14 of my friends and we will be painting the town red in Philadelphia :p I am wearing a bandeau halter top black and white polka dotted dress that is similar to a 50's style dress. I also found a pair of awesome patent leather heels to wear to complete the look. A little chilly, sure but nonetheless stylish :D Your outfit sounds gorgeous! Have lots of fun and enjoy your night!!!!

Kristina

I'll be out with a group of fellow members of a community choral group at a "supper club" (they do mostly banquets and buffets) in semi-rural Connecticut. There's a pretty little pond there, but since the festivities start at 8 pm, we won't be able to see it. :( I have a black chiffon skirt with a handkerchief hem that flares out fabulously when I turn in a dance (and I am hoping to dance a lot) and am pairing it up with a black, silver and blue sparkly top set (sleeveless top with a one-button cardigan over it, lightweight). Not having been to this venue on New Year's Eve before, I may be a little overdressed.....

I will be going to a black tie optional dinner/party at the Drake Hotel in Chicago. It's open bar until 2:eek:. I'm going with my best friend, her boyfriend, and bunch of his single friends...As I'm also single, wish me luck!

I'm wearing a long brown BCBG halter dress with ruching below the rib cage. I wore it on my Valor cruise for the first formal night.

Hi Jane, sounds like you will be having a wonderful time.:)

I haven't been out on New Year's Eve in over 10 years.

No special plans here. I will be in sweats and a t-shirt watching

football and maybe will stay up to see the ball drop.

Wishing all of you a Happy, Healthy, Peaceful and Prosperous

Love love LOVE NYC, but not Times Square at New Years!! :eek:

Jane it sounds like you are going to have a spectacular evening!! I would definitely enjoy the show from afar. This year will be very different for me as I will be going out to dinner with my sweetheart, but it will be a casual restaurant down at the beach so just jeans and a sparkly top for me. :o I expect that we will be back home in plenty of time to put on our jammies and watch the ball drop! :p

It was high 30's C here yesterday and the same today and also for a few more days. (sydney summer). I celebrated in a new black and white knee length dress. I did buy new shoes but ended up wearing older more comfortable shoes as we were celebrating at a greek club and knew dancing was a must which it was.

So glad changed my shoes.

New year already for us down under at 8.30 am.

Hope you all have as much fun as we did last night.

A very happy new year to you all

Jane,

Sounds like a fab night. My dh is a morning person (like me) and he won't be staying up. I'm not sure if I'll stay up or not. New year's day is when we celebrate. Bought some good crabmeat to make crabcakes - Maryland style of course - and dh received some steaks (Omaha steaks) for Christmas, so we'll do surf & turf. To answer your question, I'll be in pjs.

I am jealous of your wonderful New York celebration! We were just out car shopping and I was reminiscing about different New Year's celebrations I have attended. One year was spent on a plane home from Hawaii, a couple of years were spent at ski chalets in the Rocky Mountains, but the most memorable by far was New York with one of my girlfriends in the mid-80s. I remember exactly what I wore, exactly where we went, but have some difficulty in remembering the entire night! LOL! Anyway, hope you have a wonderful evening and everyone gets to watch some sort of fireworks.

Tonight I will be wearing my bathing suit and robe because after dinner I am firing up the spa and we will spend some time outside, looking at the stars, and drinking champagne.

Happy, Healthy, Prosperous 2008 everyone!

3.gif

We will be doing a family Karaoke party here at our house. Right now I'm wearing my MythBuster's "I Reject Your Reality, and Substitute My Own" T-shirt and denim capris.

But I might have to change for the karaoke. It will be just the 4 of us, but sometimes we have costume contest for our Karaoke night. We are kind of silly. My daughter got her new Hannah Montana and High School Musical Karaoke CD's for Christmas so I know she's anxious to give some of those songs a try.

Jane- your party and outfit sounds divine. We will live vicariously through you! LOL

After much hemming and hawing, I am here, in my office closing out the books on 2007. I am wearing a pair of fabulous boot cut jeans, black Clarks clogs, and a comfy white cotton v-neck t with a cobalt blue cotton, open knit sweater over it.

The boys and hubby are in the house cooking lobster to celebrate. I pulled a terrific Sauvignon Blanc out of the cellar and it is calling to me. I would have loved a glass about an hour ago but I'm not quite sure how the accountant and bookeeper would feel having to deciper my "fuzzy math".

Happy New Year to all.

Our plans were to go to my sisters house and eat pizza and drink a great bottle or two of wine and champagne. We're all going on an Italy/Croatia cruise in October and since it is the New Year, it was going to be the topic of the evening, we haven't discussed it in months.

I was going to wear a black velvet camisole with a red and black satin plaid shirt, I had not decided whether or not to wear jeans or velvet pants. I'd not yet chosen my shoes.

Alas, they called about an hour ago, they are both sick in bed and did not wake up earlier to alert us :( . I had my makeup done, but the hair was still wet.

So now, here I sit at the computer with my blue robe, blue slippers and my black headband that holds back my hair while I'm doing makeup. I'm gonna forego the hair thing, climb into a pair of PJ's and hopefully still drink the great bottle of wine we had planned on taking along. DH is on his way to the chicken wing restaurant, we'll dig into it in about 20-30 minutes.

I will miss my sis and bil, but hope they are feeling better and we can certainly do this another evening. I'm happy as a clam to stay home, I love staying home :)

So....

Happy New Year!!!

I will be wearing the latest in soft, fuzzy bathrobes... DH and I are staying in tonight, with a large bottle of champagne, and playing Guitar Hero III...

We will snack on king crab legs, jumbo shrimp and lobster, and some chocolate truffles.

All the best to everyone, may 2008 bring you all health, happiness and prosperity to enable you to do what you all love so much... CRUISE!!!

Dee

I'm wearing a black velour jogging set....

New Years Eve is not that big of a deal here. We like to do it up on New Years Day... Get up early and go to Mass then have lots of food and family... We usually eat lots of pork ham and kielbasy. It is in our tradition that a pig is fat, so if you eat that you will be rich throughout the New Year...

My fondest wish to all is Be Well

My DH, I and our new puppy Molly are staying home tonight. DH is recuperating from an open appendectomy and is on antibiotics, so no alcohol for him. We are just lounging around in shorts and t-shirts, but I will be changing into my jammies soon.

We are watching Bourne Ultimatum right now, but will watch the ball drop later. I think I'll have a Cosmopolitan instead of champagne at midnight along with a few DH and puppy kisses and puppy nibbles on my fingers and toes!

Have a healthy, Happy New Year! Here's to 2008!

I will be wearing the latest in soft, fuzzy bathrobes... DH and I are staying in tonight, with a large bottle of champagne, and playing Guitar Hero III...

We will snack on king crab legs, jumbo shrimp and lobster, and some chocolate truffles.

All the best to everyone, may 2008 bring you all health, happiness and prosperity to enable you to do what you all love so much... CRUISE!!!

Dee

How funny! Before we get in the hot tub we're going to play Guitar Hero, and do the PS karaoke. They're pretty entertaining (especially after several glasses of wine!)

It's been a long time since we've dressed for a night on the town!! 1999???

Had a great early dinner..shrimp. stuffed mushrooms and veal piccatta, A few drinks and some wine. Early to bed!!

Love to watch the Times Square party..last time I was there was in 1974 when I lived in NY!!

What am I wearing??? Black pants, black and white shirt, barefoot!!

Happy New Year !!!

Pam and John

I will be in sweats at home here cuddled under my poofy down quilt. :)

It has been a few years since I have gone out, and in some ways I miss it, and some ways I don't. Who knows, maybe next year.

Have a wonderful evening everyone, whatever you plan to do!

Happy new year!

Right now I am in my bathrobe. I just changed. I just took the Christmas tree down and a few other things. We went to see Walk Hard earlier. That was funny. Then we picked up my married daughter (husband has to work real early) and brought her home. We had shrimp, pizza and veggies. Will watch a movie later. My single daughter is at a boy/girl party sleepover. Hope nothing bad happens.

I'm in old, comfy, beat up LL Bean crops and a 3/4 sleeve T, my most comfortable. We stay home for New Years, but have already had our festive champagne toast cheating midnight by two hours. We usually celebarte with our son and his girl friend, but they are welcoming the cutest, most adorable puppy to their home tonight, so we are alone with each other for company...which is just fine.

I am watching the ABC Times Square and Fort Lauderdale show hosted by Ryan Secrest and Dick Clark.

Archived