Morocco from Gibralter

If you use the "search" function on the main page of this forum and input 'Morocco' (sp? not my strong suit) you will find answers. The search function is on the top right of the threads as you look at the screen. Does that make sense? It will be helpful I hope:)

B.

My ship docks in Gibraltar from 9 to 4.

Is it feasible to spend the day instead in Tangier, Morocco?

How long does it take to get to Tangier and can it be done from Gibraltar?

You can get from Gib. to Tangier,but the ferry only runs twice a week from there(unless it was your lucky day) so you would have to take a cab to Algeciras,Spain(have no idea the cost),and get one of the ferries from there.The fast ferry would run you about 20€ RT,and they don'r leave all that ofter and if not a fast ferry can take longer than an hour.Also,they can get held up if they can get a berth right a way.Service can be iffy.I don't suggest that you go to Tangier alone or with just another person it really should be with a gruop or pre hire a guide to meet you.All this being said IMHO I would stay on Gibralter,enjoy the day,but that is just MHO. Please do search the threads as the other posters stated as there is more info and you can Google for ferry service.

My ship docks in Gibraltar from 9 to 4.

Is it feasible to spend the day instead in Tangier, Morocco?

How long does it take to get to Tangier and can it be done from Gibraltar?

Takes a couple of hours, but is not reliable. Sometimes gets cancelled because of the weather. Also the ferry only goes on some days. ....basically it is not an option - do a rock tour of Gibraltar - it is a pleasant day. You see Africa, you watch the apes, you get to see the caves which are fun and all this either via a cable car or a taxi driver who works as your guide - and if you like you can get some duty free shopping on Main Street (perfume, alcohol, cigarettes, lladro, jewellery).

Do yourself a favor and spend the day either in Gibralter or on the Costa del Sol. We took the fast ferry from Tarrife, Spain two years ago. We booked a group tour which picked us up at our hotel and took care of all the arrangements. Tangier is a culture shock, poor and depressed. Vendors are in your face everywhere you walk. The tour guides kept us in tight order with a guide in the front and one in the back....rode a camel, saw a snake charmer, walked the Kasbah............would I go again....no!...................Marty

Archived