When to print boarding pass?

bUU

I've read conflicting information, both directly from Holland America, with regard to when to print the boarding passes. One spot says to do it "at least 72 hours prior" while the other says to do it "within 48 hours prior", the latter intended to ensure any changes we may need to make are reflected.

Which is best?

Since I like to see that puppy, I print it ASAP ... soon as my info is entered. I then go back and check just prior to leaving home to see if anything has changed. (Never has, so far at least.) The only reason I can think of to wait is if you believe your personal information may change (address, passport number, etc.) That doesn't answer your question, but that's what I do.

Since I like to see that puppy, I print it ASAP ... soon as my info is entered. I then go back and check just prior to leaving home to see if anything has changed. (Never has, so far at least.) The only reason I can think of to wait is if you believe your personal information may change (address, passport number, etc.) That doesn't answer your question, but that's what I do.

The Eurodam sailing is 8 months away, but I already have it printed and filed with my other cruise info. Patience has never been one of my virtues.

Today the Boarding Pass is a single page that shows almost nothing that could change if you don't choose to substitute a different credit card. The room assignment is about it! Print it anytime you like, and as often as you like! :D

I print 1 week, or so, in advance of departure for the embarkation port. I usually do it when I'm finalizing all my last details. I should probably do it earlier, but I never have. Back when it was just a form we filled out (one that came with our documents) it was part of my pre-cruise ritual to fill it out the night before departure. :)

Bicker, not sure if you'll be taking HAL shore excursions but, if you are, you can order/reserve those on-line also. If you are going to do that, I wouldn't wait until the last minute. Some of the more popular ones sell out at times

Here's hoping your first cruise with HAL will be a nice one!

print as soon as you do it .. check just before you leave for ship to see if any changes ... even if you don't get a chance to check before leaving for ship, this really speeds up boarding and they can handle changes quickly with little if any problems for you.

harry

Geez, Copper....... didn't think you'd broadcast it to the world!!! :o

Yup, still got the 8 track player but having a terrible time trying to buy new tapes. Everywhere I ask for them, I get this real weird look!! :confused:

My DH mentioned to me this week, they have these phones that don't have a cord attached to them. You can even take them out of the house. Imagine that!!! :D

Today the Boarding Pass is a single page that shows almost nothing that could change if you don't choose to substitute a different credit card. The room assignment is about it! Print it anytime you like, and as often as you like! :D

I really love it since HAL now has it down to just ONE single sheet of paper.

At one time when it was 3 sheets and we were doing back-to-back cruises, I thought we were going to have to buy extra reams of paper to get everything printed out.:D

Geez, Copper....... didn't think you'd

Yup, still got the 8 track player but having a terrible time trying to buy new tapes. Everywhere I ask for them, I get this real weird look!! :confused:

:D

DH finally threw out his old 8 track player along with the tapes - couldn;t get it repaired.

:D The paper Immigration Form included with the documents???

:) I am the last CC cruiser who still fills out that form for DH and me. I never check in on line. :eek:

Yup -- time for sail to get modern and do the forms on line.:)

DH finally threw out his old 8 track player ...
Mine got taken care of by a thief. Managed to get it right out of its car mount in about 45 seconds while I had run into the house to grab something! I'm sure if Copper10-8 had been a member of the local constabulary at the time that it would have been found. As it was, the unit was obsolete within a few weeks. The guy probably had a hard time fencing it. Serves the crook right! :cool:

Well, drifting back to the thread topic .... uh, what was the original topic? Oh, right. Tipping. ;)

DH finally threw out his old 8 track player along with the tapes - couldn;t get it repaired.

KK...... :D kidding, KK.... About the 8 track, KK.......kidding. :)

About the Immigration Form......Nope......not kidding. :D

:D The paper Immigration Form included with the documents???

:) I am the last CC cruiser who still fills out that form for DH and me. I never check in on line. :eek:

Actually, I too fill out the paper form ... AND do it on-line as well. Then when we get to the pier we go to the shorter line ... which is usually the 'paper' line! (We're not suite dwellers, obviously.)

We get through the check in so quickly each and every cruise that I can't imagine my using the paper form is holding us up in the least. They wouldn't include it in the documents if they didn't want it used.

(I know.....not everyone has a computer so they have to provide an option. I just choose to use that option. ;) :D

Archived