For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

If they do not put a Freedom or other Voyager class ship in San Juan, at least for the winter months, then my upcoming cruise with RCI may well end up being my last. No more eastern or western Caribbean sailings for me unless they reinstate 8 night Freedom class sailings out of Ft . Lauderdale.

I feel the same way. My suspicions are that a Freedom class ship is the logical choice for San Juan. The southern itinerary is amazing especially with the addition of all those new ports for the AOS (Barbados, St.Lucia etc) I cannot see the popularity of this cruise waning. The only complaint most people have is that getting to SJ is sometimes cost prohibitive if they can't find a seat sale :o

I have grown to love SJ and would really miss it if I were no longer sailing out of there.....so fingers crossed that a Freedom class ship will replace the AOS! I hope RCI is listening.....:rolleyes:

I'll be on it as it returns from Europe! We get here on December 12 and she starts doing SoCa that same day.

Here in San Juan we have not heard of a replacement for the Adventure other than the Serenade, which seems to be working out during the summer. I do know that the Puerto Rico Government settled a legal battle it had with Royal Caribbean for many years. The new administration is actually working with RCI, not against it. We are also trying to improve airlift capacity into SJU, which sould make for a better environment for RCI to start investing down here again.

Aviator --- Glad to hear SJ Government is working with RCI .... The SJ 7-day cruises are my preference. I look at those departing FL but the route from SJ is the one we prefer! Keeping my fingers crossed that they don't drop the AOS but agree another ship would be fine .... just don't drop our options for the 7-day cruises.

Now if Southwest Airlines could get flights into SJ I'd be in heaven!!! I did make a suggest to SJ about non-stop (or any) service into SJ. Albany, NY is the closest airport to me & Southwest does lots of flights to FL (Tampa, Fort Lauderdale & Panama City) daily --- so connecting even from there wouldn't be too bad either.

I am really looking forward to my AOS Cruise in February! I too love sailing out of San Juan. This will be my third time sailing out of SJ. I love seeing all of the exotic islands. AOS looks like a beautiful ship! Thanks for that picture CK!:D

I am really looking forward to my AOS Cruise in February! I too love sailing out of San Juan. This will be my third time sailing out of SJ. I love seeing all of the exotic islands. AOS looks like a beautiful ship! Thanks for that picture CK!:D

See you onboard! ;)

Of course I am still here ;)

I looked at the prices for 2012 and they are outstanding on the AOS out of San Juan :D

How was Alaska? I'd like to do it.....but I would have to convince the DH which is no easy task as he LOVES the Caribbean!!!:p

We are going on our first cruise on AOS Jan 16, 2011. Can't wait. Loved the NOS and look forward to finally going to the S. Caribbean. Glad to see someone so passionate about a ship:-)

IMG_0236.jpg

We took this same picture when we were in Curacao - after the rain stopped! For an island that only gets minimal rainfall every year, I think they more than made up for it when we were there - rained all day and our excursion was canceled. So disappointed. Got to get back there so we can really see the island.

Looking at some deck plans of AOS what is the circle that is in the center of the Island Grill, Adventure Beach and Day Spa and Fitness center?:confused:

I have a JS on deck 9 have they all been upgraded with flat screen TV's and is the balcony railing bottom metal and top glass?

Looking at some deck plans of AOS what is the circle that is in the center of the Island Grill, Adventure Beach and Day Spa and Fitness center?:confused:

I have a JS on deck 9 have they all been upgraded with flat screen TV's and is the balcony railing bottom metal and top glass?

When I was on the AOS for 2 weeks in March, they were still in the process of putting flat screens in the cabins. I suspect they will have finished by now :)

hi crobin. please tell mi what time do they letyou off the ship? if its 8am is it arraivel or the time you can disembark? thankyou

The arrival and disembarkment time varies by port. Usually you can disembark about 30 minutes after the ship docks as it has to be cleared by local authorities first. There will be plenty of announcements letting you know where and when you can disembark :)

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone explain to me the significance of Presidents Day in the U.S? Is it a national holiday? Do families typically take vacations during that time?

We used to have a holiday for Pres. George Washington as well as Pres. Abraham Lincoln. Then awhile back they stopped those and made one holiday called President's Day in honor of all of our past presidents and it is a national holiday. It is very common for schools to be on winter break that week instead of just taking Monday off as a holiday. And many families do take vacations since school is out for the week.

Can anyone explain to me the significance of Presidents Day in the U.S? Is it a national holiday? Do families typically take vacations during that time?

President's Day is a National Holiday in February (We have Lincoln & Washington's birthdays) The schools often have a break ... or at least a few days off and some offices & businesses close for a long weekend as it is ALWAYS celebrated on a Monday. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the answers - yes it does help!

It certainly explains why the 2nd week of my B2B on the AOS is so much more expensive than the 1st week! :eek::eek:

There is a difference of about $400 for a JS for week 1 vs week 2 :eek::eek:

I have the same cabin (JS) booked for both weeks, it just irritates me to be paying so much more!!!!!!!

Thanks for the answers - yes it does help!

It certainly explains why the 2nd week of my B2B on the AOS is so much more expensive than the 1st week! :eek::eek:

There is a difference of about $400 for a JS for week 1 vs week 2 :eek::eek:

I have the same cabin (JS) booked for both weeks, it just irritates me to be paying so much more!!!!!!!

Robyn --- sorry you are doing Feb ... We go in March (20-27)

Hello, have a question...hope you haven't answered a million times!:) When the ship departs San Juan at 8:30pm what is the earliest you can board?

Not to worry - valid question!

I have always been onboard by 11:45am every single time I have sailed from SJ. Lucky for us there have never been delays with customs clearing the ship so we have always been able to board as soon as possible.

I am always at the port by 9:30am anyways......maybe just a little excited???? :p

Archived