For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

My cruise on AOS was amazing! We went July 2006 and had a fantastic time. In August 2007 we went on a Princess Cruise out of Brooklyn. I have to honestly the passengers (and crew) on the Princess Cruise were much worse behaved than those on AOS. I would go back on the AOS in a heartbeat!

Yes it is beautiful. I am so excited about our upcoming cruise, I am counting the days.

Thanks for starting the thread!

BTW- Can anyone tell me how long it takes for customs in St. Thomas?

Judi

Judi - getting through customs in St.Thomas is just a matter of reporting to the dining room at an assigned time and presenting yourself and your passport to the Customs Officer. The whole process takes all of about 5 minutes and then you are free to disembark the ship and enjoy your day on St.Thomas :)

Judi - getting through customs in St.Thomas is just a matter of reporting to the dining room at an assigned time and presenting yourself and your passport to the Customs Officer. The whole process takes all of about 5 minutes and then you are free to disembark the ship and enjoy your day on St.Thomas :)

Thanks- other questions....... does the "ship" assign the time and do we both have to report? (We have a tour company picking us up at the ship.)

Also - does anyone have a new pictures of the cabins since they upgraded the bedding? Are the throws/spreads the same?

Now that we are almost to the 100 day mark I am getting absolutely revved about this cruise. I can't wait to be sitting on my balcony watching the Caribbean go by- and visiting new islands and familiar ones!:D

Thanks- other questions....... does the "ship" assign the time and do we both have to report? (We have a tour company picking us up at the ship.)

Also - does anyone have a new pictures of the cabins since they upgraded the bedding? Are the throws/spreads the same?

Now that we are almost to the 100 day mark I am getting absolutely revved about this cruise. I can't wait to be sitting on my balcony watching the Caribbean go by- and visiting new islands and familiar ones!:D

The ship does assign a time, depending on what your citizenship is - that will determine the time and location. You will receive a paper with your cruise compass the night before explaining everything.

I was on the last sailing before the new bedding arrived in March 2007. Actually, we had the chance to sleep on the new beds on the last night of our cruise (beds were loaded on in St.Thomas) I don't have pics of the new bedding on the AOS, but I was on the Mariner in November and took lots of pics. The beds are comfy (no need for the eggcrate mattress topper anymore!) the comforter is a little on the heavy side, but nice. You can look at my pics on www.webshots.com - just do a search under ckrobyn101 and you will see all of my AOS albums, as well as my Mariner album which has pics of the new bedding :)

Soon you will be down to double digits!!! It's pretty exciting isn't it??

There are separate locations for US and non-citizens, but no assigned times, you can get there as early as they open.

Aft cabins on the AOS....

P7054098.JPG

I can see our cabin its the aft cabin with the hole on the side, the top one, we even took an Ohio State flag and fastened it to the side it was a blast walking on the ship at ports and hearing all of the people talking about it.

toonjie- thanks for the information.

I will get DH up and in line ASAP in the morning.;)

ckrobyn thanks for the picture link. The beaches look fabulous and your pictures sure bring back memories of our Explorer cruise. I am excited to have a junior suite this time........ the extra closet space and larger balcony and bathroom will be great.

Standing and applauding here! Thanks Robyn for the wonderful post! Most vacations are what you make of them. I bet that most of yours are a slice of heaven.

Nancy!!!!!!! How are ya GF???? I haven't seen you around these parts in a long time.....you are missed :( Hope you are back to stay????:)

toonjie- thanks for the information.

I will get DH up and in line ASAP in the morning.;)

ckrobyn thanks for the picture link. The beaches look fabulous and your pictures sure bring back memories of our Explorer cruise. I am excited to have a junior suite this time........ the extra closet space and larger balcony and bathroom will be great.

You're welcome for the pics :) I'm a bit OCD when it comes to taking pictures on my cruises. If I get a shot I like, I tend to take multiple pics of the same shot :o I keep saying I will try and not do that on each cruise....but if you look closely at my online albums, you can see what I mean...LOL!!!!

Nancy!!!!!!! How are ya GF???? I haven't seen you around these parts in a long time.....you are missed :( Hope you are back to stay????:)

When I don't have a cruise booked, or about to be booked, this site makes me sad and depressed. LOL! You can tell I'm gearing up to sail by my post count. I'm just about to put money down on a cruise in '09 on the Liberty of the Seas. Husband and two oldest offspring included. Youngest offspring taking a sojourn with grandma :D

There is no way in the world I am chasing a five year old with autism around a cruise ship for a week. Love him dearly, as I do and the now three year old, then four, can forget it. In my family we have a rule. Six can sail. Works here.

When I don't have a cruise booked, or about to be booked, this site makes me sad and depressed. LOL! You can tell I'm gearing up to sail by my post count. I'm just about to put money down on a cruise in '09 on the Liberty of the Seas. Husband and two oldest offspring included. Youngest offspring taking a sojourn with grandma :D

There is no way in the world I am chasing a five year old with autism around a cruise ship for a week. Love him dearly, as I do and the now three year old, then four, can forget it. In my family we have a rule. Six can sail. Works here.

I know what you mean about having a cruise booked......it lifts the spirit doesn't it? :) I want to sail on the Liberty one day too - but my DH is obsessed with the AOS and refuses to sail any other itinerary!!!!

I'm going to have to go in and read your blog to catch up on the happenings of your life ;)

Good to see you here again!!!!

I can see our cabin its the aft cabin with the hole on the side, the top one, we even took an Ohio State flag and fastened it to the side it was a blast walking on the ship at ports and hearing all of the people talking about it.

Cough, cough, a WHAT? :eek: An Ohio state flag???

Pardon me while I get slightly seasick.

"Hail to the victors valiant. Hail to the conquering heros. Hail, Hail to Michigan the champions of the west."

I feel much better now. Thank you.

"Hail to the victors valiant. Hail to the conquering heros. Hail, Hail to Michigan the champions of the west."

LMAO!!!!!!:D :p

Is there a better night for Portofino's? I've heard either Tues, or Wed... any thoughts?

Any night is a good night for Portofino :D The food and the service are excellent!

Some folks prefer to book on what is known as "Caribbean" night in the dining room....seems they don't care much for the menu. Personally, I don't mind it.:)

I showed the picture of the ship to my 14 year old...her mouth dropped...and then she said, "Mom, the Grandeur could be a dingy for the ship! I thought that the Grandeur was big...but OMG...the Adventure is huge!!!" :) :) :)

I showed the picture of the ship to my 14 year old...her mouth dropped...and then she said, "Mom, the Grandeur could be a dingy for the ship! I thought that the Grandeur was big...but OMG...the Adventure is huge!!!" :) :) :)

Wait until she sees the AOS up close and personal!!!!! Make sure you take a picture of her jaw dropping!! :p I see you are cruising the week before we are......take good care of the ship for me, ok??? ;)

Or MUCH :D better yet...Go right through for M.S.U. Watch the points keep growing, Spartan teams are bound to win, they're fighting with a vim-Rah Rah Rah...... The M.S.U. flag will be in the 7388 spot when we cruise!

Hey CKRobyn, I was looking at your pictures of AOS and noticed you stayed at the Marriott.....have you stayed elsewhere in SJ? are there a lot of resturants within walking distance 5-10 minute walk of this property?

Our cruise is in May....presently have a room pre-cruise booked at the Courtyard Isla Verde.....will be staying 4 nights post cruise.....haven't decided if we will book the post 4 nights at the CIV or try something else.

Archived