For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

Wow-Keep all this great info going. Leaving in a few days for her and am so excited.

Question:

I do understand that boarding all depends on how quickly the previous passengers are all off so I get that. Since checkout time is 11:00 at the hotel,we'll do that, arrive after 11:30, and load up when they let us!:D Question being-I have heard some folks say-you can not go to your cabin until about 2:00 Is this pretty standard for all ships or not really set in stone at all?

And-good question Robyn as I have early dinner seating too!

2pm is standard in all ships but it can't hurt to try a little earlier. It seems most are ready by 1pm, at least from our cruises. Just wear your bathing suits to the terminal. That is what we do. It is usually one of the only times during the week, we get good lounge chairs. :D

Early seating for dinner on the first night was at 6:30 (6 pm rest of the week) - late seating was at 9:00.

Can't remember who the headliner entertainers were - I know there was a group called Mosaic one night which we caught the end of. Other than the Love and Marraige show we didn't go to anything. My parents loved the Ice Show but as for the comedians or other people no one well known that we knew. I'll post tomorrow who is listed in the compass when I dig it out.

I've never boarded a ship before 1 so I can't say what time they started letting people on - the only place I waited was in Miami on Explorer and I hated waiting. Getting on in San Juan is so much better. The last two cruises we litterally walked right in an on with no wait. Even disembarking I find to be easier than Miami was.

Hi Debde, we're on the same cruise.

The last few cruises we have been on, the standard time to get into our cabin was 1pm. We usually get to the pier around 11am and are on board by noon. I guess things can always happen to cause a delay, but I would plan on getting to the pier by noon.

See you on Adventure!

Hi Debde, we're on the same cruise.

The last few cruises we have been on, the standard time to get into our cabin was 1pm. We usually get to the pier around 11am and are on board by noon. I guess things can always happen to cause a delay, but I would plan on getting to the pier by noon.

See you on Adventure!

Counting the days right along with you! :D

Deb - we have boarded the ship before noon on each of our AOS cruises. We have arrived at the port around 10:30am and the doors opened at about 11:30 - 11:45am - we were eating lunch in the Windjammer by noon! :)

Have a wonderful cruise on my ship - keep her in good shape for me ok???

Happy cruising!!! :D

Hallway doors will open at 1:00pm for access to your cabin. Not a good idea to try and get in before that :rolleyes: I saw a couple trying to open the hallway door just after 12:30pm and they were promptly turned away by a cabin attendant.....

We were on the AOS last week and it was a great cruise. We got in line to board around 11:30 and were on by 12:30. We met alot of really nice people,thought the entertainment was very good, and the cruise director Mike is great, very funny. There were Puerto Ricans on board, we had a full boat no problem, they were a lively and fun loving group.We would go on AOS again in a heartbeat.

We were on the AOS last week and it was a great cruise. We got in line to board around 11:30 and were on by 12:30. We met alot of really nice people,thought the entertainment was very good, and the cruise director Mike is great, very funny. There were Puerto Ricans on board, we had a full boat no problem, they were a lively and fun loving group.We would go on AOS again in a heartbeat.

So glad to hear you had a wonderful cruise!!! How was your weather??? :)

Deb -

Have a wonderful cruise on my ship - keep her in good shape for me ok???

I sure will! :D

I also wanted to take the time to thank you Robyn and all the other AOS veterans who gave such great info. on this thread. This was such a useful planning tool. I tend to want to gather up all information on all my vacations way ahead of time. Too bad I didn't know about this website on my last two RC sailings!

Another question;:o

It may have been stated earlier but who is the Concierge on her now?

I sure will! :D

I also wanted to take the time to thank you Robyn and all the other AOS veterans who gave such great info. on this thread. This was such a useful planning tool. I tend to want to gather up all information on all my vacations way ahead of time. Too bad I didn't know about this website on my last two RC sailings!

Another question;:o

It may have been stated earlier but who is the Concierge on her now?

Deb, you are so welcome!!!! I think there are some pretty amazing folks on CC who are always willing to share their experiences and assist other cruisers whenever they can! I know you are going to have a fabulous cruise and I can't wait to hear all about it when you return!

I actually have no idea who the current Concierge is? Last year it was DeeDee (I'm pretty sure that is her name? she was very good) - and I am not sure if she is still there?? Maybe you can let US know, ok???

Have an outstanding cruise!!! :D

The weather was great all week. We stayed one extra day in San Juan to go see the rain forrest and the forts. It was raining on Monday when we went home so going home wasn't as bad as it usually is.

Rain always eases the pain of the end of your vacation :rolleyes: :D

We had great weather the whole trip except the last day in St. Thomas/St. John. We had rain and clouds off and on with only some sun kind of early. The rest of the islands were hot and sunny!

I guess I cant' complain - 1 rainy day out of three cruises (21 days!).

We had great weather the whole trip except the last day in St. Thomas/St. John. We had rain and clouds off and on with only some sun kind of early. The rest of the islands were hot and sunny!

I guess I cant' complain - 1 rainy day out of three cruises (21 days!).

I have also been VERY lucky with weather on each of my cruises. Out of 49 days at sea.....only one rainshower in the morning on Curacao in 2006. Not too shabby huh??? :rolleyes:

Hi Debde -

The concierge is still DeDe . ..She was wonderful. It is amazing the things she can do for you.

When you board, please tell her that Paula, Peg, Ree and Karen from 1324 say "Hello" . .. I will never cruise again without a DeDe ...

;)

Cheerysmom-I sure will and for sure will report back Robyn.

Actually, I have a CL question. I'm incorporating a little of the loyalty thread here.

I'm sailing is a GS and I picked it for the room we would need for a family of 4. All this CL stuff just seemed to be an added bonus and it is not what made me choose the cabin.

Can they get that crowded? Some folks make it seem like it is over run to capacity at times and it would seem to take the 'special' out of it if, it is standing room only.

For the people who just returned from the AOS; Who was the entertainment on board? I cant seem to find who's on it now.

Hi mikeqube,

The entertainment was outstanding. I don't want to ruin any surprises, but ... Day 2 was Mosaic . .the BEST acappella group I have EVER heard (and I have heard many). Not to be missed.

The ice show was great - again, not to be missed.

Cheerysmom-I sure will and for sure will report back Robyn.

Actually, I have a CL question. I'm incorporating a little of the loyalty thread here.

I'm sailing is a GS and I picked it for the room we would need for a family of 4. All this CL stuff just seemed to be an added bonus and it is not what made me choose the cabin.

Can they get that crowded? Some folks make it seem like it is over run to capacity at times and it would seem to take the 'special' out of it if, it is standing room only.

Debde - The CL was never crowded. There were many times that we 4 ladies were the only people there. I, too, was concerned that it would be crowded. . .. The coffee machine broke on day 3 (booo hooo) so no latte, but DeDe did her best to have some nice fresh coffee available in the caraffe.

I never had to go to the "guest relations" desk for anything . ..She could do it all from her desk . . .tours, seapass bill printouts, pre-paid gratuities, port-shopping questions. She also has great maps available for each port. Just ask her anything . . . she can get it done.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Paula

Glad to hear that DeDe is still on the AOS - I remember her being very helpful and nice. I look forward to seeing her again :) I too never found the CL overcrowded - as far as I know, they have not had to open another lounge for the overflow.

Cheery - I had 1324 in 2006 and really liked it! My friends that are sailing with us on the 2nd week of our B2B have 1324 so I will see it again!! :D

? for ckrobyn or anyone who could answer. If you get to the pier around 11:30 do you have to line up outside in the heat or do you line up inside to go in. Do you go through security 1st and then go to priority checkin? Is it well marked for the priority checkin line? This will be the 1st time we will be taking a cab with our luggage from the hotel. Usually we use the cruiseline transport and they take care of our luggage. Will there be porters where the cabs drop you off to take the luggage off our hands or do we have to haul it somewhere ourselves? Anyone been in the OS 1320, it looks like its mid hump but does anyone know if its the BR window or the balcony that is midhump? Also do the OS have two entrances to the bathroom like on Princess? When you are traveling with teens it's nice to be able to enter the bathroom from the bedroom and not disturb them. Thanks!

Archived