For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

Robyn

Solarium-totally non smoking or does that also have a smoking section?

And

How totally crazy is pool area on sea days? AOS is the largest ship for me since sailing with RC. Larger ship-more folks! Just wondering are there enough spots to find a chair for sun and I usually don't like to be right on top of the pools so out of the way is fine with me. Any insight on good spots.

I'm also thinking RC needs to hire you as the AOS ambassador!:D And for sure-after this vacation-I'm letting you know where we're off to and when!:)

Hey guys-don't forget-you always have e-bay for your new fashion line!! ;)

Hi Deb -

The solarium on the AOS is non smoking.

All pool areas are crazy on every ship on sea days!!! Best advice.....find a lounger on deck 12 - there are lots of them as many folks like to be near the pool, so those loungers are plentiful.

As for being an AOS ambassador??? I'd love to do it....hey wait....I'm already doing it! :p

Hey everyone we will be going on the AOS for the first time in October. Maybe one of you great information sources can help me out.

• Does the AOS have shower doors? I am pretty sure EOS did so I think AOS would??
  • What are good hotels you have stayed at in San Juan (other than Marriott Stellar) we stayed there last time and loved it, but would like some other options.
  • Excursions opinions? we are doing the Aruba, Curacao, St. Thomas and St. Martin route. I would love lots of opinons:p

On the airfare discussion side, we are from Seattle, WA and got airfare for $435 round trip which we thought was VERY good.

Hey everyone we will be going on the AOS for the first time in October. Maybe one of you great information sources can help me out.

• Does the AOS have shower doors? I am pretty sure EOS did so I think AOS would??
  • What are good hotels you have stayed at in San Juan (other than Marriott Stellar) we stayed there last time and loved it, but would like some other options.
  • Excursions opinions? we are doing the Aruba, Curacao, St. Thomas and St. Martin route. I would love lots of opinons:p

On the airfare discussion side, we are from Seattle, WA and got airfare for $435 round trip which we thought was VERY good.

Yes - the AOS has shower doors!

In addition to the Stellaris, I have also stayed at the Intercontinental as well as the Marriott Courtyard Isle Verde. I liked these hotels, but my preference is for the Stellaris :)

I typically do not do ship excursions (with the exception of Magens Bay in St.Thomas) so maybe someone else can help you with that!

Great deal on the airfare! You will love the AOS:D

We booked an ATV tour with them when we sailed on the Destiny. We went back later in the afternoon (after the beach) to do a sunset horseback ride! They were great.

www.ranchonotorious.com

In St-Thomas we booked the mini-boats/snorkeling tour through Carnival. It was really fun, 2 people per boat. Maybe RCCI has something similar?

Yes - the AOS has shower doors!

In addition to the Stellaris, I have also stayed at the Intercontinental as well as the Marriott Courtyard Isle Verde. I liked these hotels, but my preference is for the Stellaris :)

I typically do not do ship excursions (with the exception of Magens Bay in St.Thomas) so maybe someone else can help you with that!

Great deal on the airfare! You will love the AOS:D

I am positive we will LOVE AOS and the southern route. We sailed the other route on Princess and had a great time, although as you can see it was our first and only time on Princess.

We stayed at the Stellaris last time and had a great experience so we may just end up there again.

Our TA said we should go to St. John this time, he said it is beautiful there so we shall see.

I am positive we will LOVE AOS and the southern route. We sailed the other route on Princess and had a great time, although as you can see it was our first and only time on Princess.

We stayed at the Stellaris last time and had a great experience so we may just end up there again.

Our TA said we should go to St. John this time, he said it is beautiful there so we shall see.

I have also heard good things about St.John....we are still deciding which beach/area of to visit when we are in St.Thomas next month....

We were on AOS last April and spent 1 night precruise in SJ & 1 night post cruise in SJ. We absolutely loved AOS & really enjoyed SJ. they say you vote with your feet. While onboard we voted to book Serenade out of SJ for April, 08. I guess that's the proof. If you go with a positive attitude and give it a shot you'll probably enjoy any cruise you take on any cruise line (well, maybe unless you're in the Navy, lol).

I have also heard good things about St.John....we are still deciding which beach/area of to visit when we are in St.Thomas next month....

We have been to Coki Beach the first year and had a nice time. When we went on Princess we went to Emerald Beach near the airport on a Princess excursion. It was at the Best Western Hotel and we had use of the beach and their pool, we had a great time there, it was empty.

We have been to Coki Beach the first year and had a nice time. When we went on Princess we went to Emerald Beach near the airport on a Princess excursion. It was at the Best Western Hotel and we had use of the beach and their pool, we had a great time there, it was empty.

That sounds like a really good excursion. I wonder if you can just go over there and pay a daily fee to use their facilities?? RCI doesn't offer an excursion like the one you were on with Princess....

WOW! You DO love the AOS don't you?? ;) Great taste in ships......my signature looks a lot like yours!!! :D

While you were posting your reply, I decided to make my photo albums "public" again. By the way, not only do we love the AOS Southern cruises, notice we have had the center-hump deck 9 JS all 3 times!

Question----We will be on the AOS this Sept. doing the route with Barbados. Can someone tell me how dressed up they actually get for the formal night? Our last cruise on the NOS in 12/04 there were only a few women that were really dressed formally. Most just wore a nice dress, but nothing I would call formal.

I think this thread is long overdue.

Each week I see at least 2-3 posts regarding the Adventure of the Seas, people who have booked and are now afraid they made a mistake - and people who have yet to book, that may not ever book because of what they read on here.

As many of you know, I have cruised on the AOS 3 times and have had wonderful cruise vacations on all 3. I am sailing again next month on my 2nd B2B on the AOS and I am eagerly anticipating another fantastic cruise! :)

Here are a few commonly asked questions about the AOS:

Q: Does the AOS have a large amount of Puerto Ricans sailing on her for most cruises?

A: Yes, there are Puerto Rican's on cruises out of San Juan. It is their home port and I would be very surprised if they weren't.

Q: Are the announcements in Spanish as well as English?

A: Yes they are. Is it an issue? No.

Q: Are Puerto Ricans rude and rowdy?

A: No more rude and rowdy than other passengers I have seen on other ships and other itineraries. Puerto Ricans are a lively bunch :)

Q: Is the AOS a sick ship, or more prone to Noro than other ships?

A: No. The AOS has as much chance of a noro outbreak as any other ship in the RCI fleet.

Q: I have booked the AOS and after reading negative reviews, I want to cancel - what should I do?

A: You can cancel you cruise if you want, but you will be missing out on a fantastic cruise on a great ship sailing on a wonderful itinerary!

I do understand that some people have had negative experiences on the AOS - but the same can be said for any other ship. There will always be people cutting in line, pushing elevator buttons, chair hogging and the list goes on......unfortunately, some people like to leave their manners at home :(

My experiences have been terrific on the AOS and I would encourage anyone to sail on her and see for themselves what a great ship she is!!

Yes....I am an AOS cheerleader, and proud of it!!!

Was on AOS in Nov 2004 loved it. Hope to be on it in Nov 2008!:)

Question----We will be on the AOS this Sept. doing the route with Barbados. Can someone tell me how dressed up they actually get for the formal night? Our last cruise on the NOS in 12/04 there were only a few women that were really dressed formally. Most just wore a nice dress, but nothing I would call formal.

There are indeed some people who still do get very dressed up on formal night. There will be men in tuxes and women in gowns. I would say that the majority of women will be wearing fancy cocktail dresses or skirts and nice dressier tops, and them men will wear a typical suit and tie. I think formal cruise attire has changed over the years, and people dress more as if they were attending a cocktail party rather than a "formal" dinner. I usually do some looking around the dining room when I cruise, and I can honestly say that people are pretty dressed up - even if they are not in tuxes and gowns.

While you were posting your reply, I decided to make my photo albums "public" again. By the way, not only do we love the AOS Southern cruises, notice we have had the center-hump deck 9 JS all 3 times!

LOVE 9318!!!! I just had it on the Mariner in November :D Worst thing for me is that it is a cabin for 2 :( I cruise with DH and DD on the AOS, so 9318 is not an option for us.......I got as close to the hump as I could with JS 9308 for our B2B...:rolleyes:

LOVE 9318!!!! I just had it on the Mariner in November :D Worst thing for me is that it is a cabin for 2 :( I cruise with DH and DD on the AOS, so 9318 is not an option for us.......I got as close to the hump as I could with JS 9308 for our B2B...:rolleyes:
True. We could not book the center hump JS for our August Mariner cruise, as our grandson is going with us. We booked 9294 instead. I never realized those cabins were for only two until I could not book 3 of us into one. I assumed the sofa was a sleeper since I know I have viewed photos online that show the sofa made out into a bed. Must have been another representative photo of a JS and not 9318/9618.

True. We could not book the center hump JS for our August Mariner cruise, as our grandson is going with us. We booked 9294 instead. I never realized those cabins were for only two until I could not book 3 of us into one. I assumed the sofa was a sleeper since I know I have viewed photos online that show the sofa made out into a bed. Must have been another representative photo of a JS and not 9318/9618.

I really wanted the center hump location for our AOS cruise! I think they should make 9318 a cabin that holds 3-4 people....it is certainly big enough!!!:rolleyes:

As a New Jersey-ite, I heard similar complaints when we sailed out of Bayonne(NJ)- "too many coarse New Yorkers and New Jersey folks". There are always those who complain. I look forward to meeting others with different backgrounds when I sail- it makes life a lot more interesting

Quite honestly, the worst drawl is from the South. Bill Clinton and Huckabee are good examples.

Quite honestly, the worst drawl is from the South. Bill Clinton and Huckabee are good examples.

Being from Canada - I look at everyone from the U.S as having "American" accents! Doesn't bother me in the least - I kinda like it actually! :)

First let me say that I too loved sailing on the AOS, and have also cruised out of San Juan several years ago on Monarch of the Seas. We love the Southern Caribbean!

However...I do have to disagree about one thing. We did encounter a lot of rudeness from the Puerto Rican passengers on the ship. Please don't jump all over me...I am absolutely not racist or anything like that. But we spent a lot of time feeling frustrated over dealing with being pushed, shoved, cut in front of every time we were in line for something, and dealing with lots of loud obnoxious behavior.

This isn't enough to deter us from ever sailing out of San Juan again, but it was one of the reasons we decided on the Liberty sailing out of Miami for our upcoming cruise.

Archived