For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

My bad. I'm used to HAL. To use their CL you have to be in a suite.

The diamond C&A thing didn't occur to me at the time of posting.

No problem!! :) Does HAL have a loyalty program?? If so -are the perks similar to RCI? I have only ever sailed RCI.

It does if you are a Diamond C&A member :D which I am.

You are correct though. JS guests do not have access to the CL.

Robyn - Hello! While I'm thinking of it, I don't know what the Diamond repeaters party was like when you last were on the AOS but this time it was in the Viking Crown and the Rosario Strings performed a recital with 7 or 8 beautiful songs. It was much different than the platinum/diamond party on the Explorer a few months ago (which was just a regular cocktail party in the big secondary lounge). Just thought I'd let you know because it was quite different than any other cocktail party I've been to and it was beautiful and well worth the trip up there!!! Are the platinum/diamond parties always like that on the AOS?

Laura

Robyn - Hello! While I'm thinking of it, I don't know what the Diamond repeaters party was like when you last were on the AOS but this time it was in the Viking Crown and the Rosario Strings performed a recital with 7 or 8 beautiful songs. It was much different than the platinum/diamond party on the Explorer a few months ago (which was just a regular cocktail party in the big secondary lounge). Just thought I'd let you know because it was quite different than any other cocktail party I've been to and it was beautiful and well worth the trip up there!!! Are the platinum/diamond parties always like that on the AOS?

Laura

Laura - I am ashamed to admit this......but up until this past November on the Mariner, I had never attended a repeaters party! :eek: I am planning on going to the one on the AOS though...from what you describe it sounds really great!! :)

Hey Guys!

The Platinum/ Diamond/D+ parties are different on each ship. I have been to just the regular cocktail party, a concert, brunch, a full lunch complete with flowing wine and several courses (my personal favorite) and all are done at different times of the day. We try to go to all of them. Looking forward to being on the AOS again in late June. Really having trouble getting a roll call going, so if anyone is on the 6-29 sailing, stop by and say hello!

Hey Guys!

The Platinum/ Diamond/D+ parties are different on each ship. I have been to just the regular cocktail party' date=' a concert, brunch, a full lunch complete with flowing wine and several courses (my personal favorite) and all are done at different times of the day. We try to go to all of them. Looking forward to being on the AOS again in late June. Really having trouble getting a roll call going, so if anyone is on the 6-29 sailing, stop by and say hello![/quote']

I am going to make a serious effort to get to the cocktail party on the AOS this time.......I can't really make an excuse as I have 2 weeks to make it to just one party!!!! :p

About what time have recent cruisers get off the ship and arrived at the airport?

Anyone know what lounges/bars have designated smoking areas? Is there any around the promenade area? Thanks

I know you can smoke at the Sports Bar on the Royal Promenade. There is also a bar outside the dining room on deck 4 where you can smoke.

I have always been able to depart the ship by about 9:15am (assuming there are no customs issues that hold up debarkation)

Yes Robyn-Deck 4-Lobby Bar-smoking allowed.

Now-I am the one jelous of you all heading out so soon!! I cann't even say enough what a great time you are going to have.

Once again-you were so right to start this thread Robyn. This poor vessel took a beating for a while and now-I think all have put all those bad thoughts behind and are looking forward to the trip.

Roe-were were off the ship by 9:15-got our luggage and on our way to the airport by 10:00. Plenty of time. We did not use the new luggage service available to some-depending on what airline you're on. Even with having to find our luggage which is a breeze-we had plenty of time. With a family of 4 and 2 teenage boys-like my husband said-for 80 bucks I think we can get our own luggage to the airport!!lol

We are getting picked up at 4 a.m. tomorrow morning for our drive to Chicago airport; we'll be in San Juan in time for happy hour tomorrow afternoon. One night in San Juan, then a group of 12 of us will be boarding AOS on Sunday afternoon. Half of us have sailed AOS before, the other half are newbies. Obviously we loved it so much the first time we wanted to expand our group and share the fun. Can't wait to see the expressions of the newbies when they see how beautiful it is! We've been planning for over 9 months, our day has finally come!!

Deb - You have no idea how thrilled I am that you, and so many others have returned from your AOS cruises with wonderful stories, and a real love for cruising :) I think with all the negativitiy surrounding the AOS I was worried that some potential cruisers would be put off and never give themselves the chance to sail on what we know is a fantastic ship!

I'm really excited about my upcoming cruise - even more so since I am spending 2 weeks onboard :o It doesn't matter how many times I sail the AOS....I still get giddy when I see her at the Pan Am Pier for the first time!!!!!!

Laura - I am ashamed to admit this......but up until this past November on the Mariner, I had never attended a repeaters party! :eek: I am planning on going to the one on the AOS though...from what you describe it sounds really great!! :)

LOL not to worry, we don't actually ever go either! We only went to it because my mom begged us to go and I went w/her on the EOS in September but I think from now on we'll have to make it a point to go to those things because....well the free booze are kinda cool but they're really nice! Everytime we get the diamond/platinum cocktail party invite we kinda roll our eyes because we figure there will be alot of people that think they're awesome because they're there but from now on we're totally going to make it a point to attend. You must be so excited about your upcoming cruises on the AOS!!!

Laura

Hello we have the choice of the Comfort Inn or the HI Express. Has anyone stayed at these hotels? Are main question is about what is close by either one. We will only be San Juan for 1 day before we cruise on the 24th. We would like to see a little of San Juan. Thanks for your help.

I have a question for anyone recently back from AOS or for those getting ready to sail her. Can you please tell me if RCCL has put flat panel TVs in the staterooms? I heard they were outfitting some of the ships with them, but haven't don't know about AOS.

Thanks!

Hello we have the choice of the Comfort Inn or the HI Express. Has anyone stayed at these hotels? Are main question is about what is close by either one. We will only be San Juan for 1 day before we cruise on the 24th. We would like to see a little of San Juan. Thanks for your help.

We just stayed at the Comfort Inn San Juan two weeks ago before our AOS cruise. We stayed for two nights....I would definitely not stay there again.:o The people that worked there were very nice and the pool was fine and the location is right off of Ashford Ave, but for some reason they decided to steam clean the carpets in between each new customer so our carpet was wet and stinky the whole time! And it was the same situation in my moms room, my brothers room, my sisters room, and all of my other friends and family members rooms. I'm sorry to say it but the musty smell was inescapable! :eek: If you want to check out pics you can click all the way down below on my webshots and then the Adventure of the Seas album.

One night may not be too bad....I think I just got REALLY tired of the smell after two days, that's all. If you're coming in on a late flight then it probably doesn't matter where you stay. :D

Laura

LOL not to worry, we don't actually ever go either! We only went to it because my mom begged us to go and I went w/her on the EOS in September but I think from now on we'll have to make it a point to go to those things because....well the free booze are kinda cool but they're really nice! Everytime we get the diamond/platinum cocktail party invite we kinda roll our eyes because we figure there will be alot of people that think they're awesome because they're there but from now on we're totally going to make it a point to attend. You must be so excited about your upcoming cruises on the AOS!!!

Laura

Laura - How's married life treatin' ya??? :D

Yes, I am really excited about my cruise(s)!! 2 weeks from right now I will be at the Marriott Stellaris eagerly anticipating boarding the AOS!

I need to get through the next 2 weeks though......going through some issues at work....so I am quite sure I will be READY for vacation when the time comes!!!!!:rolleyes:

Don't count on any flat screens. If you want to enjoy San Juan, you need to come in more than a day ahead. Last summer we came in a day ahead....got there around 4 o'clock and were wiped out from the day of travel....not to mention no food on the flight down. :eek: We took a nap, grabbed some food and went to bed! When we woke up and looked out our hotel window....there was the AOS right there. That was cool. We had breakfast, got our stuff together and went right over to the ship.

Don't count on any flat screens. If you want to enjoy San Juan' date=' you need to come in more than a day ahead. Last summer we came in a day ahead....got there around 4 o'clock and were wiped out from the day of travel....not to mention no food on the flight down. :eek: We took a nap, grabbed some food and went to bed! When we woke up and looked out our hotel window....there was the AOS right there. That was cool. We had breakfast, got our stuff together and went right over to the ship.[/quote']

I agree that it is near impossible to see much of San Juan if you are arriving the day before late in the day. On our first trip to SJ, we flew in on Wednesday and had 3 full days to enjoy all that SJ has to offer. Having said that, even if you do arrive late in the day - you can still enjoy Old San Juan for dinner, and perhaps a stroll on the Condado after that :)

As for flat screens - not on the AOS yet. Last year the new beds arrived while we were in port at St.Thomas, so I only had one night to try them out before we disembarked :( My luck, new TV's will arrive in the same fashion :rolleyes:

Did you stay at the Sheraton OSJ?

Archived