Crossing Nov 2008

LBLB

and as we sit here watching the outer bands of Hanna drop more rain on us, November 13 can not get here soon enough.

I do believe we will have Disney Jen joining us. So CTBJR, don't let up on the pressure. I'm not!

FT

While Hanna's rain bands look to be out of here we still have some of her light winds to contend with. Sure does feel tropical here today:p

Pressure ... .what pressure:D:p:D

• 2 weeks later...

For those of us who've paid the final fare, think about where we will be in less than 60 days! For those of us who haven't - what is holding you back?:confused: You know who you are. Its time to fish or cut bait!

The days can't pass quick enough. For those staying at the Sheraton Mency, Ctbjr has graciously volunteered to take charge of dinner arrangements so pass your suggestions to him (see why we call him "EL Jefe").

FT

For those of us who've paid the final fare, think about where we will be in less than 60 days! For those of us who haven't - what is holding you back?:confused: You know who you are. Its time to fish or cut bait!

The days can't pass quick enough. For those staying at the Sheraton Mency, Ctbjr has graciously volunteered to take charge of dinner arrangements so pass your suggestions to him (see why we call him "EL Jefe").

FT

Who me???

Still not out of the question. This very may well be one of those very last minute trips for me depending on how things shake out on the home front ... :DY'all know how flexible I am (roflmao)

I must report in, that due to a family illness, I have had to cancel my reservation for the crossing.

After waiting 2 years, and having snagged airfare for only 25,000 points, it was just awful to place that cancellation phone call.

Once more, and for one more year, I will watch the board and the postings and follow along with envy.

I am sorry that I will not have the chance to meet all you wonderful folks, who I feel I already know through this forum.

Have a great crossing!

And take good care of my favorite captain along the way! -:)

I must report in, that due to a family illness, I have had to cancel my reservation for the crossing.

After waiting 2 years, and having snagged airfare for only 25,000 points, it was just awful to place that cancellation phone call.

Once more, and for one more year, I will watch the board and the postings and follow along with envy.

I am sorry that I will not have the chance to meet all you wonderful folks, who I feel I already know through this forum.

Have a great crossing!

And take good care of my favorite captain along the way! -:)

Sending good thoughts your way LBLB.

Need info.

I have sailed 3 times on other lines which were much bigger ships.

I really want to try Seadream, but really concerned about the size if the ship in the Atlantic.

Any info would really help.

Thanks.

Tracey

Tracey,

There are many photos here that will give you an excellent idea of how SeaDream handles the southern Atlantic route. Take a look and see what you think:

http://www.seadream2blog.com/index.html

http://www.freewebs.com/sd2crossing/

http://www.freewebs.com/seadream2/

• 2 weeks later...

Got a great surprise -- when I got home, the package with the blue notebook, pen and contract was waiting for me. Had to get it out of ZQ Vol's grubby hands . . . he was trying to hold it hostage (since he has to teach and can't go!)

still no cabin assignment . . . will get at boarding . . . .can't wait . .. .let the never empty glass of champagne begin!:) :) :)

FT

Got a great surprise -- when I got home, the package with the blue notebook, pen and contract was waiting for me. Had to get it out of ZQ Vol's grubby hands . . . he was trying to hold it hostage (since he has to teach and can't go!)

still no cabin assignment . . . will get at boarding . . . .can't wait . .. .let the never empty glass of champagne begin!:) :) :)

FT

My hands were completely clean, but I was trying to hold them hostage!:D

Besides I get to go the the mouse house in a few minutes!!!!!

Hi FT:

Thats quick! Guess you will start packing this weekend? Should be a lot of fun.

J & L.

Pretty much done . . . but facing the big dilemma on how to get sunscreen, etc in carry on luggage --read today that TSA will be "sometime in the next year" removing restrictions on liquids since there is now equipment that determine whether liquids are used for bombs or cleaning your face. Too bad it won't happen before Nov. 11. :)

FT

Pretty much done . . . but facing the big dilemma on how to get sunscreen, etc in carry on luggage --read today that TSA will be "sometime in the next year" removing restrictions on liquids since there is now equipment that determine whether liquids are used for bombs or cleaning your face. Too bad it won't happen before Nov. 11. :)

FT

Why not just buy it on board? Use the 15% off coupon. Wish we were going with you. Also happy birthday to ZQVOL (just how old are you now???).

J & L

The other way around the sunscreen issue is to buy the sunscreen wipes ... Sunguard makes one with 30 SPF. You can order through Amazon.

Just as an aside ... and in case the SD folks are reading the boards ... one of the nicest touches on SB was that there was a full bottle of Loreal SPF 30 in each cabin. Granted, it says a lot about how we felt about the SB experience when I say this was one of the nicest touches:rolleyes:

Jim, I believe today is ZQVol's real birthday ... I know which one but I'm not telling:p

The other way around the sunscreen issue is to buy the sunscreen wipes ... Sunguard makes one with 30 SPF. You can order through Amazon.

Jim, I believe today is ZQVol's real birthday ... I know which one but I'm not telling:p

And if I told his, he'd tell mine . . . ZQVol's real birthday was Tuesday but since it always falls on the last day of the month in the last day of 3rd quarter - we celebrate early or late - but I"m sure he appreciates the thought.

And Jim - I'm saving that 15% coupon for something really nice -- maybe some jewelry (last year I had to buy sunglasses since) . . . not going to waste it in on sunscreen or toothpaste!

FT

Just as an aside ... and in case the SD folks are reading the boards ... one of the nicest touches on SB was that there was a full bottle of Loreal SPF 30 in each cabin. Granted, it says a lot about how we felt about the SB experience when I say this was one of the nicest touches:rolleyes:

No it was Tuesday , thank you.

How old, you'll have to get FT to spill the beans.

BTW DJ, DD and I are at your second favorite (after SD) vacation location this evening, and Delta was even so nice as to allow us to watch the satellite TV without charge between ATL and MCO so I go to see all of the debate.

• 5 weeks later...

I haven't started packing yet but have set aside a few minutes next weekend for that purpose.

I too am looking forward to seeing everybody very soon.

Incidentally, SD1 is scheduled to depart Tenerife today for its transatlantic crossing to Antigua.

Archived